Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Not that Tottenham will be having trouble with debt any time soon. We're not all run as badly as certain Merseyside clubs Hbobloboblbob :pervert:

You will be, you will be. [/yoda]

:shifty:

I thought every club played to win the league?

Yes I heard Ian Holloway will accept nothing less than Blackpool's name on the Premier League trophy at the end of the season. :shifty:

I think Tottenham have a good enough squad to challenge at the very top but it'd be tough for them to maintain it over the whole season.

I don't know what 'Arry has been sniffing, Spurs are a very good squad but it is lacking in top top talent, which you need to win titles. The likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United and even Man City have World Class players which Spurs just don't have.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Holloway is going to become incredibly tedious after the novelty factor of having Blackpool in the Premier League wears off?

No :angry:

It's about time my accent got some representation.

Just remember which side of Bristol he comes from :angry:

Last year we did have a fairly good record against the 'Big 4' teams - we just dropped points against stupid teams. If we can eradicate that then why the hell not :)

So did Boro and look where they are (not last year obviously...). Unfortunately it just never quite works like that.

He actually grew up about five minutes from me! Which puts me in Rovers country technically, but it's not like either of them play anywhere near me <_<

Doesn't really matter any more these days. I lived in City territory for a while, as it goes. The lines get blurred every day :)

it's just good to hear somebody else pronounce their r's properly.

This!

Reminds me of the story from Justin Lee Collins' book about the Ski advert and how the directors kept cutting every time he said "yo-garrrt" and told him to say it properly. :shifty:

Part of me wants to support Blackpool this season (Ian Holloway fanboy part, though I quite like the shirts too), but I really can't see them finishing anywhere other than 20th, although they'll probably get a Token Big Win or two. So this season I'll mainly be supporting Wolves.

Edit: In other news, Liverpool's first Europa League opponents will be my personal favourite 'shit Eastern European club', Rabotnicki of Macedonia. Woy "Sonicthehedge" Hogeson vs. Dr. Rabotnicki. :shifty:

Edited by Farmer Reil

Rio out for another six weeks. Not great news and I was really hoping he'd be fit for the start of the season to try to build the brilliant partnership with Vidic again. Somehow Michael Owen still hasn't recovered either, it feels like he's been injured forever. Just really hoping these guys can find their fitness again as well as Hargreaves, pretty important for us.

I went on holiday for a week, and did Chelsea do anything interesting while I was away? Not unless you count injuries as interesting. :shifty:

Cech's out for a month. Turnbull will probably be his stand-in and he's decent, but unlikely to pull out what the pundits call 'match-winning' saves.

Alex is out for a month. This will be fine as we can play Cole-Terry-Ivanovic-Bosingwa along the back...or swap Carvalho in, of course. Would only become tricky if we got another injury and/or Carvalho buggered off to Spain, or whatever.

Drogba's out for 3-4 weeks. I thought he had the necessary groin operation prior to the World Cup? Apparently not. I guess that means we'll be relying on goals from the midfield in the first one or two matches (because I can't exactly see Anelka leaping back to a goal-scoring blitz after, well...everything).

The long and the short of it: I'd say that Cech's injury has tipped the odds for the Community Shield marginally in United's favour, but our start to the league still shouldn't pose any problems with West Brom etc.

To be honest, the biggest unknown for me is what system Ancelotti is going to try and play, e.g. whether he'll try to bring back the diamond or whatever. No firm clues from the pre-season friendlies thus far: the line-up against Ajax was basically our FA Youth Cup-winning side plus Turnbull, Mikel and Sturridge, so can't judge much on the real first team from that.