Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Miscellaneous thoughts on the fixtures list from a Chelsea perspective:

* We seem to have got easier games and harder games bunched together. For example, we start of the season we have (what should be) a ridiculously simple run of West Brom, Wigan, Stoke, West Ham, Blackpool. On the other hand, December looks decidedly deadly: Everton, Spurs, Man United, Arsenal, (Bolton), Villa. The December games could be especially awkward as that's the time in the season when Chelsea tend to dip in form. With that said, Arsenal away is a pretty sweet fixture for Boxing Day.

* Away to Everton on the last day of the season, boo. And away to Sunderland on a Tuesday in February! That won't be pleasant...

* Once again we have ANOTHER trip to Anfield/Old Trafford (this time the latter) in the last few games of the season. <_< Though I had predicted it would be second-last rather than third-last.

* The 2011 Champions League final being held at Wembley means that the FA Cup final has been moved back to the same weekend as the second-last Premier League fixtures, which could lead to some serious fixture pile-up if we get to the final again and that league game has to be moved to midweek. It always kind of irks me when the FA Cup finishes before the league, but I can see they have no alternative this year...unless they held the FA Cup final in June or, heaven forbid, midweek!

Edit: Something else I've noticed, both of our games against Spurs and United are back-to-back (Spurs away, United home in December; vice-versa in April/May). That's just cruel.

• 3 weeks later...

First bunch of Premier League fixtures (up to the end of November) have been selected for TV, and of course moved about in the process.

Arriving back home from a 5:15pm KO at Wigan some time around midnight? Lovely. :shifty:

I'm actually with you on this, Hargreaves should be given this season to see if he can regain fitness, and if he plays less than 15 games due to injury he should realise that its time to call it a day.

Manchester City have given a trial to the son of one of the former stars of The A-Team. Roland Benedict, 20, whose father, Dirk, played Templeton 'Faceman' Peck in the 1980s television show, has been training with City's development squad.

• Admin

Manchester City have given a trial to the son of one of the former stars of The A-Team. Roland Benedict, 20, whose father, Dirk, played Templeton 'Faceman' Peck in the 1980s television show, has been training with City's development squad.

I pity them if they don't sign that fool.

I pity them if they don't sign that fool.

A joke about Battlestar Galactica would have drawn more laughter from me <_<