Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

Rio out for another six weeks. Not great news and I was really hoping he'd be fit for the start of the season to try to build the brilliant partnership with Vidic again. Somehow Michael Owen still hasn't recovered either, it feels like he's been injured forever. Just really hoping these guys can find their fitness again as well as Hargreaves, pretty important for us.

It's Michael Owen, it's surprising when he is fit.

Spot the telling indictment of the red tops' attitude to Ashley Cole.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/07/25/lucy-phillips-115875-22438384/

25/07/2010

In our article of May 16 we reported that Ashley Cole "made a play" for Lucy Phillips in the loos of Notting Hill's Supper Club. We would like to apologise to Ms Phillips for misquoting her in our article; she strongly denied the allegations from our source at the time. Ms Phillips would like to make clear that she did not go into the male toilets, Ashley Cole did not "try it on" with her and she did not kiss him. We would also like to clarify that Ms Phillips did not approach us and was not paid for the story in question. We apologise for any upset caused.

I don't think you can describe Hargreaves as being important for United when he hasn't played for them for nigh on 2 years.

He's still important for our squad this coming season though. While he's been injured so much, if he can finally pass fitness this season, he CAN be important for us, probably just as much as any midfielder we've got right now. That's if he still remembers how to play football after being out for so long :shifty:

Spot the telling indictment of the red tops' attitude to Ashley Cole.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/07/25/lucy-phillips-115875-22438384/

25/07/2010

In our article of May 16 we reported that Ashley Cole "made a play" for Lucy Phillips in the loos of Notting Hill's Supper Club. We would like to apologise to Ms Phillips for misquoting her in our article; she strongly denied the allegations from our source at the time. Ms Phillips would like to make clear that she did not go into the male toilets, Ashley Cole did not "try it on" with her and she did not kiss him. We would also like to clarify that Ms Phillips did not approach us and was not paid for the story in question. We apologise for any upset caused.

That's an awfully long winded way of saying 'we made it up.'

I don't think you can describe Hargreaves as being important for United when he hasn't played for them for nigh on 2 years.

He's still important for our squad this coming season though. While he's been injured so much, if he can finally pass fitness this season, he CAN be important for us, probably just as much as any midfielder we've got right now. That's if he still remembers how to play football after being out for so long :shifty:

I have given up hope on him, it's easier to face the reality of the fact that it's unlikely he'll ever play again.

It's a dammn shame, he's a wonderful player who always gave it his all...least he's given us some magic moments like the winner against Arsenal that knocked them out of the title race and his great performance in the Champions League Final.

I hope he gets fit but I doubt it :(

Even if he does finally get fit, I really doubt he'll be the same player he was. Richard Steadman said he had the worst knees he'd ever seen, so expecting him to continue being the tireless midfield engine is unrealistic. I imagine he'll miss the cut on the 25 man squad and if he isn't fit by January then he may have to retire.

EDIT: Just looking at our squad, including Hargreaves, we have a 25 man squad anyway so there's no need to even leave him out. It all changes if we buy another player, but that's more wishful thinking than a likely scenario unfortunately.

Edited by Dynamite

He's apparently been ruled out until January already, he won't play again, which is a major shame he could have been top top class. Our midfield looks kinda of shakey, hopefully Carrick regains form as he can be a top player when on form, one of the best English passers.

Blackburn fans ...

exactly how bad is the financial situation ? Read an article and here's the key statement in regards to Blackburn:

But Blackburn are on the horns of a dilemma: either they cut wages and increase the chances of relegation (with all the revenue implications); or they keep wages high and run the risk of financial ruin.

Article