Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

I'm fed up of this Chicarito 'BUT HIS NAME ISN'T WHAT HIS NAME ON HIS SHIRT IS AND IT MEANS "LITTLE PEA" LOL' stuff already. Guess what Sky Sports, this isn't a new thing in fact he isn't the only person on the Utd squad with his nickname on the back of his shirt.

Hey look, it's Benayoun!

I'm hoping he does well at Chelsea. I'm also hoping (no doubt in vain) his presence on the pitch reduces all the "Yiddo" chants made about Spurs/ex-Spurs players, because they are just fucking embarrassing.

Main things I took from this match, Chelsea-wise:

1. The team still needs more prep time to be truly 'ready' for the league season (already knew this).

2. Hilario's ability in goal ranges only from okay-if-unchallenged down to awful (again, already knew this).

3. Daniel Sturridge deserves to start more games, probably ahead of Kalou (or Anelka if we're going to rotate on the AMR position).

4. The 3-1 result is a little flattering to United and a little harsh to Chelsea.

...Yeah, that sort of thing. Nothing ground-breaking, but that's the Community Shield for you.

Couldn't watch the game 'cause I was visiting my grandma at the hospital, but instead I checked out BBC's live text from my phone every five minutes to keep up with it. I feel kinda horrible, but hey, I've been waiting for the start of the season all summer long. Bring it on!

Edited by Shelty92

Ancelotti has confirmed that Petr Cech will be fit for West Brom this weekend. Thank fuck.

So will Alex, but that's less significant...

I've got my Fantasy Football League auction on Thursday, and then off to Stamford Bridge on Saturday. Finally, on Sunday, my Liverpool-supporting friend will be coming round to watch their game with Arsenal on Sky.

My sense of anticipation for the proper start of the new season is building nicely now. ^_^

I'm fed up of this Chicarito 'BUT HIS NAME ISN'T WHAT HIS NAME ON HIS SHIRT IS AND IT MEANS "LITTLE PEA" LOL' stuff already. Guess what Sky Sports, this isn't a new thing in fact he isn't the only person on the Utd squad with his nickname on the back of his shirt.

I still think back to the season before last with Andy Gray getting angry when Jonas Gutierrez was coming off the bench with 'Jonas' on his back. "Ye cannae hev yer first name on yer shirt".

The player he was replacing? Geremi...

• Like 2