Official Premier League 2010/11 thread

I doubt that. They are already dropping leads in the Premier League. This story has the potential to ruin their entire season. It would be one of the most idiotic moves in United history and officially confirm that Fergie has lost it.

I think if he moves to Man City it would be incredibly hard to be respectful of him, he might as well wipe his arse with the United shirt in the middle of Old Trafford.

Also I highly doubt it's a bluff, Fergie seems devastated by it all.

Don't be surprised at Rooney going to City. He'll use the excuse about City having more ambition, and the Glazers debt problems. Everyone knows it is also about the money.

This is the man who turned his back on Everton and stuck two fingers up and Moyes, who shagged a pensioner prostitute, and cheated on his wife again 2-3 months ago. Hardly a respectable character.

I'm more interested in knowing why he actually wants out. Is it because of a bust up with SAF? Is it all the media shit/Coleen? Or is it really money? Personally, I really hope it's not to do with money, because he's always come across to me as a guy who loves football and isn't in it just for the money, a guy I thought adored United too.

One thing I will say, I don't believe for one minute he'll go to City. Money or not, I just don't see it ever happening. I don't think it'll be anywhere in England. I'd see him wanting to get away from it all together, thus going to Madrid probably. I'll be really interested to see when/if he next plays and the reception he gets, I expect it to be pretty mixed with the supporters. I'd still like to hear what he's got to say on the entire situation too. I'll continue hoping that by some miracle he takes time to think it all over and ends up staying, I can always dream.

On the contrary I think the only move available is City, they'd be willing to pay a stupidly large sum of money to get him as well I would venture. Real Madrid don't need him, Barcelona are having to make cut backs as a result of being some €400 million in debt so they're hardly going to want him on their books, AC Milan are already stupidly overloaded in attack, maybe Inter will be the best choice or Bayern which I guess would be as close to the English culture as you can find abroad.

Not that the odds mean anything but Torres and Benzema are the favourites to replace him according to Bet Fred, Dzeko and Sneijder (the person I feel the money would be spent on) are next in line followed by the likes of Higuain, Vucinic and Ribery (always linked to United, hopefully never joins).

Edited by Sam

I can imagine Rooney being a dick and buying out his contract.

Yes, because it is such a dick move to make use of what are, effectively, his employee rights. He should instead be perfectly willing to put his life on hold for an undetermined period so that the employers he is unhappy with can squeeze as much cash out of a deal as possible.

Honestly. Only in football, eh?

This latest ankle injury just makes it more bizarre...or comical. :shifty:

SAF: "Rooney has an ankle injury."

WR: "No I don't. And I want to leave the club."

SAF: "Oh really?"

WR: "Yes."

*SAF stamps on WR'S ankle*

SAF: "You won't walk out of here, that's for sure."

Visions of the bit in Escape to Victory where Michael Caine tells the German officer his keepers got a broken arm to get Stallone in the sticks, then promptly breaks his old keepers arm. Always made me shudder as a kid even though you see fup all.

We've had players harassing women, sleeping with granny prostitutes. We might as well go for the full house and have a woman beater.

Andy Carroll (allegedly)?