Mortal Kombat

zero

From someone who never got into the backstories of the characters/was into the games before backstories were properly introduced, that video looked incredibly good compared to the previous two MK movies. I thought the first MK movie was good, and I can sit through the second one, but that short video looked a lot better to me than the previous two.

For people who care a lot about the backstories being done properly and whatnot, if the film were to take the same kind of style as the video shows, they'll be upset/dislike it/whathaveyou. Same as people who are really into comics and the comics being turned into a movie.

Since it is ONLY a pitch, though, it could be changed to be more of a supernatural, gritty movie rather than a more realistic, gritty movie, though I really have no problem with them trying to turn the whole thing into a more realistic setting if it turns out good. But again, that's from someone who isn't into the backstories of the characters that much/doesn't mind things being altered for a movie transition.

Agreed. It seems they will be bringing back normal fatalities too. Create-A-Fatality was pretty shit. I get why it was done (Not wanting to program 120+ fatalities into a game) but it still ruined the game for me.

Seems that Kung Lao has replaced Lui Kang as the golden boy as well.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

According to Bloody Disgusting, the director of Mortal Kombat: Rebirth short film will be shooting a 10-episode web series with Michael Jai White reprising the role of Jax Briggs. Hopefully it will be based of the Rebirth alternative universe rather than the classic Mortal Kombat one.

Michael Jai White reprising the role of Jax Briggs

That is some bullshit. There is no Jax other than Sabre from American Gladiators. Who else is going to react incredulously when this dude tries to merge the two dimensions and y'all wanna check out his crib?

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I REALLY wanted the special edition with the bookends, but it's North America only. We get a stupid figurine. Essentially the same thing, with the same guys in the same pose, but with a greatly reduced cool factor. I wanted it to look like Scorpion was throwing a spear through my game collection, goddamnit.

I can't believe the guy from Dollhouse is Stryker, that was a hilarious out-of-nowhere moment. I liked the show, it was cheesy as hell, but so is Mortal Kombat, so I can't complain.

I can't believe the guy from Dollhouse is Stryker, that was a hilarious out-of-nowhere moment. I liked the show, it was cheesy as hell, but so is Mortal Kombat, so I can't complain.

Yea, I saw him and just was "Wow! Its....him!" cuz I can't remember his name..