Recovery

Jimmy

Anyone else picked up the leak on this? I'm a massive Eminem fan; have been since I was like eight years old, or something. Despite being very different from the rest of the music I listen to - I have a soft spot for 'Em. And I was really excited to get this early. It's a return to form and is better than Relapse in my opinion. The tone's back to being darker instead of so silly, at times. It grows on me every time I listen to it. The chorus' aren't as big as some of the hits on The Eminem Show, but the album's really quite something. His song with Rhianna is definitley going to be a future hit if he decides to release that next. And Almost Famous is damn catchy.

Anyone else listened to some of it yet?

Yeah, like you I am a MASSIVE Eminem fan. Although all I have heard is Not Afraid so far. Is the CD out in America yet? I think it comes out on the 18th in the UK Edit: Didn't see you said it was a leak, But do you have any links? All I am getting is This

Edited by DJ Ice

Yeah, like you I am a MASSIVE Eminem fan. Although all I have heard is Not Afraid so far. Is the CD out in America yet? I think it comes out on the 18th in the UK Edit: Didn't see you said it was a leak, But do you have any links? All I am getting is This

Quoted for emphasis cause I'm an instigator.

Anyone else picked up the leak on this? I'm a massive Eminem fan; have been since I was like eight years old, or something. Despite being very different from the rest of the music I listen to - I have a soft spot for 'Em. And I was really excited to get this early. It's a return to form and is better than Relapse in my opinion. The tone's back to being darker instead of so silly, at times. It grows on me every time I listen to it. The chorus' aren't as big as some of the hits on The Eminem Show, but the album's really quite something. His song with Rhianna is definitley going to be a future hit if he decides to release that next. And Almost Famous is damn catchy.

Anyone else listened to some of it yet?

I've had it for about 3 days, and it's in my truck so that I can listen to it when I'm driving. I think I've probably gone through the cd about three times and the more I listen to it, the more the songs grow on me. I love Em, and unlike some people I'm really glad he went back to the anger rather than the Shady mass murdering and shit. He's got some sick ass flows and his lyrics are definitely top notch. My favorites are still the ones where he talks about how far he sank and the climb back up. My favourite song is probably "Talking to Myself"

I'm going through it now. Dope as hell though, its definitely a return to form. Like he said on one of the opening tracks, he was on drugs on Encore and was getting off of them on Relapse. As someone thats gone through some shit recently, this CD hits home. You can actually feel the pain in the guys voice from all the shit he's gone through in the past couple years.

Yeah, "Almost Famous" is quite possibly the best song Em's done. And I don't know who sings the chorus but they sound an awful like Karin Andersson of The Knife fame but I have no idea for sure and can't find anything regarding it.

That guy tried to pretend he knew so much about rap. I don't know much about rap, most certainly not the technical side of it, but the album is something to be extremley proud of. He doesn't really back up his criticsm much, though.