2010/2011 NBA Thread

jrtdot

I have been wondering, if LeBron, instead of leaving for Miami left for, let's say, the Bulls, would it be the same reaction from Cleveland. Probably yes, but just wondering

The reaction to his move had less to do with the team he chose, but the way he decided to let everyone in Cleveland know.

I don't think if he went to the Bulls it would've had the same lasting effect that this Heat team is going to have just because the way it all went down made him look like he was already doubting his ability as a lead man and was more then happy to tarnish his legacy to play as one of the three stars instead of him being the star.

In his sixth career game, John Wall scored a triple-double. Doing it this early in his career puts him in elite company with the likes of Oscar and Magic. In the two wins the Wiz have had this year, Wall has controlled the entire game. For a team with as many holes, it's filling us fans with optimism everytime he manages to put the team on his back and carry them to a win as a 20 year old. Hopefully we go back to red, white, and blue and then change the name rightfully back to Bullets. Then we'll really be talking!

Also, how about the Pacers last night. A near-perfect quarter until dumbass Josh McRoberts bricked on the last shot. Someone should have told him not to shoot and get the perfect quarter instead. It's not like Indiana's going anywhere this season.

In his sixth career game, John Wall scored a triple-double. Doing it this early in his career puts him in elite company with the likes of Oscar and Magic. In the two wins the Wiz have had this year, Wall has controlled the entire game. For a team with as many holes, it's filling us fans with optimism everytime he manages to put the team on his back and carry them to a win as a 20 year old. Hopefully we go back to red, white, and blue and then change the name rightfully back to Bullets. Then we'll really be talking!

Also, how about the Pacers last night. A near-perfect quarter until dumbass Josh McRoberts bricked on the last shot. Someone should have told him not to shoot and get the perfect quarter instead. It's not like Indiana's going anywhere this season.

You do remember what happened last year, yeah?

You do remember what happened last year, yeah?

Of course, it'd be even more fitting now. On a more important note, Redskins is a trillion times more of an offensive name for a team than Bullets. 15 years on and I don't know anyone who understands the rationale for changing one name and not the other.

I was being sarcastic, for starters. And also, I've heard for years that different organizations have petitioned for the Redskins to change their name. Just nothing ever comes of it. I don't if the NFL has something to do with that, or Washington's front office, or what. I'm sure at this point, if it was going to happen, it would have by now.

Yeah because a derogatory term about a group of people who were killed constantly by firearms is okay.

Seriously, I know the reason. It's simply outrageous that nobody so much as lifted a finger for the vastly more offensive name.

Eh, get on Eddie about it.

I was being sarcastic, for starters. And also, I've heard for years that different organizations have petitioned for the Redskins to change their name. Just nothing ever comes of it. I don't if the NFL has something to do with that, or Washington's front office, or what. I'm sure at this point, if it was going to happen, it would have by now.

Oops.

And, in the end it was Pollin who made the decision to change the name. Whereas you don't even hear a peep out of the Redskins organization, so I think the answer as to who is to blame is right there.

http://nba-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/25905001

Greg Oden's going to miss all of THIS year too. For those keeping score at home, he will have played in only 82 out of 328 games in his first 4 years, and he was selected ahead of The Durantula. Oden is now clearly in the mix with the Kandi Man and Kwame Brown for worst # 1 pick in the history of the NBA.

It's unfortunate that he has to be in that discussion, Kandi just sucked and Kwame Brown was a disaster for a lot of reasons but most of them were in his control. Oden just gets hurt every year.

I seem to remember Olowokandi being an out-of-nowhere top pick too. I had assumed Jamison or Bibby was going first. I was 10 though, so I might not have been too wise.

Blake Griffin has been highlight dunking on the Knicks all game tonight. His hands are going to be sore tomorrow from throwing it down with such force over and over again. He's got 37 with 5 minutes to go. I'm sure you'll see his Superman dunk on Mozgov quite often on ESPN this weekend.