2010/2011 NBA Thread

jrtdot

If LeBron had just signed the extension in Cleveland there would've been a lot more interest in other players signing there. No one wanted to sign on and help build up the Cavs just to see LeBron bolt when FA hit.

As for the Bulls I obviously would've loved to have had LeBron but I'm not to upset that he didn't sign here with D-Rose coming into his own and becoming the alpha dog of the team.

Holy Shit, I am only a casual fan of the NBA mainly due to the fact you can't really watch it in Australia without cable, but i digress.. The Pacers are on a role... they are a very hard working team without any one superstar... Granger is probably the closest but still hasn't broken through the glass ceiling. Anyone see their form continuing or is this just a purple patch (wins over Miami and Cleveland)

Love nufan's use of the term "purple patch," considering how the Lakers couldn't throw it in the Pacific against the Pacers last night. The housing of Miami last week would make me feel much better, if it wasn't for the fact that it seems everyone's housing Miami these days.

Biggest surprise is that when Collison's fallen off, T.J. Ford's actually been productive.

I'll be highly surprised if anyone tops them for second in the Central, and that should be good for a playoff spot. The thing that I'd expect to kill them is if Dunleavy's shooting goes back to hell, or if Granger misses a month again.

I can't wait to watch that Heats-Cavs game. The Heat will ultimately be fine, but I think the Cavs will get the win tomorrow. They will probably be playing at an extremely high energy level, and the Heat are coming off a night of travel. Either way it's going to be an incredible game to watch.

Yeah Pacers depth has got to be an issue... Ford has been doing well when Collision has fell off, but if is Granger or Dunleavy that misses through injury or form then the Pacers will struggle a fair bit.

Dunleavy is one of my fav players as he is grossly underrated, if teams started going the hardline on Granger I can see Mike stepping up his game a fair bit.

if they stay on the positive side of wins through December, I think teams will really have to start taking notice

Blog post where I defend LeBron James.....for now.

Whoa, when did you get a blog? :o

In February in will be 6 years.

You've been defending LeBron all along :shifty:

Only since he joined the Heat. Funny thing I didn't really care one way or the other for LeBron up until that point but absolutely hated the Heat.

Hah! They shut off the mics in the crowd. Might have to keep them off through the game.

From Steve Popper (Mets beat writer) on twitter.

TNT just announced that tonight's Cavs game brought to you by the US Marine Corp. Sounds about right.

LeBron James will either drop 60 points on the Cavs tonight or go 2-19 from the field. There is no middle ground.

Edited by sahyder1

What's wrong with asshole chants? "Fuck you" or something would be a bit much. The Like Father Like Son sign made me laugh.

Edit - I couldn't make out what they were chanting during Bosh's free throws.

I believe it was "Akron Hates You", which was of course directed at LeBron.

Solid first quarter for LeBron. 10 points 4 rebounds 5 assists. Twitter is just going insane right now. It is almost impossible to post or read anything just because of the amount of posts. I'm just creating a new blog post of stuff I'll probably tweet later.

Edited by sahyder1

Absolutely agree with Charles Barkley. He just called out Byron Scott for not having control over his bench. They're joking around with Lebron while he is destroying them. I understand that is a part of present day sports but it should not happen tonight. This will be one of the two nights the crowd will be really behind them this season and they are throwing it away.