2010/2011 NBA Thread

jrtdot

The only real issue I have with him passing is the fact that Miller had to dribble in order to get in position. If he were able to get the ball in a catch and shoot situation, it probably would've been a more effective play. So I don't really hate on LeBron for not taking the shot but he probably should've held onto the ball a second longer to allow the screen to happen before Miller gets the ball.

It appears D'Antoni and Walsh think Denver is asking too much for Carmelo. The latest rumor was that the Nuggets wanted Felton, Gallo, Curry's contract and at least one future # 1 in exchange for 'Melo and Billups. I don't think it's a bad trade, but I really would prefer that Chandler got tossed into the mix instead of Felton or Gallo if they have to bring Billups back. At least that way they aren't stuck with a guy playing a redundant position due for a huge raise. It's clear that's why Denver doesn't want him, but if they're going to dump Billups on the Knicks they need to give a little.

On the bright side, this drawn out, boring and pointless trade talk will be over by next Thursday one way or another.

Gallo has a high ceiling I guess but Wilson right now is a much much better player. If you get really statistically nerdy about it he is just as valuable and productive on the team as STAT in a lot of ways. My main problem is just Billups. Felton is much better then Billups right now. This will not change over the coming years. I've heard he really wants to stay in Denver and he is getting older. I'm not as big of a Felton fan as a lot of people are but I don't think giving him up is the right move. I thought the whole point was getting a core of Felton, Anthony, Amare and one of Gallo/Chandler. Billups, Fields, Anthony, Amare, Turiaf with Gallo off the bench or Billups, Fields, Anthony, Gallo/Chandler, STAT both do sound alright but goddamnit they would sound a lot more dynamic with Felton at the one spot. With Billups the time to win would have to be now. I don't see that team winning it all right now.

Edited by rocksta

The only reason I don't have a problem moving Felton for Billups is that their contracts both expire at the end of 2012. That would be the same time that CP3 and Deron Williams become free agents. At best, Felton would only be on the team for next season plus the 29 games (+ playoffs?) left this year since the Knicks would inevitably look to pick up one of those other point guards. If Felton's coming off of 2 years on the Knicks of 16-18 PPG and 8-9 APG he becomes the new David Lee. If we have to take Billups to get Carmelo that's fine, but Denver should have to take Chandler instead of Gallo or Randolph instead of a future # 1. Adding that 2nd star would make it much easier to land a 3rd and that's why I'm willing to part with most of the current starters.

Chandler and Felton won't be on the team if the Knicks land Melo and either CP3 or DWill, so it's better to use them as trade chips to acquire legit assets instead of David Lee-ing them and getting back Turiaf/Azubuike/Randolph which essentially amounted to Turiaf.

EDIT: Brandon Roy may have 1-2 years left at best. Portland is truly cursed.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/27527812

Edited by naiwf

I'm not really worried about the franchise tag simply because a disgruntled tagged player is just as much of a disruption to the team as a disgruntled guy a year away from the end of his deal. I don't think they'll be allowed to (or inclined to) tag a guy year after year after year. If Orlando, Utah and New Orleans aren't contenders I just can't see them being d-bags and keeping Howard, Williams and Paul hostage until they're not as good anymore.

The Nets are back in on the tired and stale 'Melodrama. Honestly, the only story that was this long and uninteresting to me that I can remember, was Barry Bonds chasing down 600, 660, 700, 714 and 755 and seeing Pedro Gomez report on everything he did everyday for what seemed like a decade. Watch Carmelo become a Knick and then tear an ACL in his first game <_<

The Nets are back in on the tired and stale 'Melodrama. Honestly, the only story that was this long and uninteresting to me that I can remember, was Barry Bonds chasing down 600, 660, 700, 714 and 755 and seeing Pedro Gomez report on everything he did everyday for what seemed like a decade. Watch Carmelo become a Knick and then tear an ACL in his first game <_<

He and Amare run into each other and take each other out. That'd be the most likely scenario. :/

People keep saying there is nothing to worry about in LA. I was on that bandwagon, and I'm not totally off if yet, but you have to wonder. This was a BAD los.

Again, call me when the playoffs start.

I'm not saying the Lakers are unbeatable, but the regular season does NOT matter for them. They can win in San Antonio, they can win in Miami, they can win in Boston. I'll start worrying when someone wins three playoff games against them.

People keep saying there is nothing to worry about in LA. I was on that bandwagon, and I'm not totally off if yet, but you have to wonder. This was a BAD los.

Again, call me when the playoffs start.

I'm not saying the Lakers are unbeatable, but the regular season does NOT matter for them. They can win in San Antonio, they can win in Miami, they can win in Boston. I'll start worrying when someone wins three playoff games against them.

That'll be along the lines of it being too late to worry, though.

Not saying they won't be able to successfully defend their title. But unless it's a Phil Jackson ploy to swerve everyone else watching the NBA, the Lakers do look vulnerable.

• Like 1

The Lakers are an annual Andrew Bynum late season knee injury from getting bounced in the second round this year. Even if Bynum is healthy, the only way I see them repeating is if the 4 seed knocks off the Spurs for them and they don't end up playing Boston in the Finals.

The Nets are either not interested in Carmelo or willing to mortgage their entire future for him depending on what report you believe. They are potentially willing to make this deal,

New Jersey Nets receive:

Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Renaldo Balkman, Melvin Ely & Shelden Williams.

Denver Nuggets receive:

Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, Troy Murphy, Ben Uzoh AND four first-round picks.

So they'd basically be giving up their starting PG for Billups, Troy Murphy's contract and 5 1st rounders (Favors was # 3 overall) for Carmelo. When Billups is gone next season they will have traded Harris, Murphy's money, Favors and enough picks that Carmelo will never get to play with anyone the Nets draft in his time there to secure his services for at best 3 years, or at worst 3 months. I don't get it.

If the Nets make this trade it will be worse than the one that saw Memphis give Pau to the Lakers and almost as bad as what Isiah did to get Eddy Curry's lazy, fat ass <_<

Speaking of Chicago, DRose should win the MVP in unanimous fashion barring an injury, but the voters won't do it because he wasn't a "contender" to win the last one and the MVP award generally makes you wait a year or two for some asinine reason.

Oh dear God no.

You're gonna have to be a little more specific here. Are you perplexed that the Nets are potentially trading everything they have other than Brook Lopez for Carmelo? that Reggie Miller didn't make the HOF finalists this season? that I made you think about Eddy Curry's ass? or are you just disagreeing with my Rose MVP statement?

:shifty:

I'm pretty sure he's most alarmed about the Nets potentially selling their future for 3 months of Melo. Also, something a friend floated out in front of me, the Nets could just be doing this to force everyone else to increase their offer with the understanding that Melo is going to New York in free agency no matter what.

Apparently Carmelo was unaware that he's supposed to meet with Drago face to face. On top of that, Billups has indicated he would try to push his way off of either the Knicks or Nets and would go play for the minimum with. . . . the Heat :rolleyes:

I've always kind of liked the Nuggets, but they deserve to get Cleveland'd or Toronto'd here.

I wouldn't be so sure of Chauncey going to Miami for the minimum, I can think of 2 other contenders out West who would also be making a pitch for him.

ESPN is right to say this is a lot of money Melo will probably leave on the table since salaries will be going down, at the same time I don't think the money is as major an issue since he's made it clear he wants to play in Endorsement City, USA.