2010/2011 NBA Thread

jrtdot

While it was totally classless and complete thuggery I think this shows how far the NBA has come. How long ago was it that people would get into fistfights during the game? I'm not talking Artest a few years ago I mean names like Kermit Washington, Oakley, and Maurice Lewis - or just the Bad Boys Pistons squad. This was one elbow in midair. The NBA used to be a shitshow in comparison. 20 years ago even 10 years ago. I mean I'm not saying it's a bad thing I just think the progression on the outlook towards violence in the NBA is interesting.

While it was totally classless and complete thuggery I think this shows how far the NBA has come. How long ago was it that people would get into fistfights during the game? I'm not talking Artest a few years ago I mean names like Kermit Washington, Oakley, and Maurice Lewis - or just the Bad Boys Pistons squad. This was one elbow in midair. The NBA used to be a shitshow in comparison. 20 years ago even 10 years ago. I mean I'm not saying it's a bad thing I just think the progression on the outlook towards violence in the NBA is interesting.

Didn't mean it wasn't dirty back then either. I don't want to see guys getting elbowed like that in midair. There is nothing good that comes out of it.

• Like 1

The Lakers won't have the room to sign any FA guys so you might as well rule it out. I like dwight for them because he is so good on defense and his offense was tons better this year. Let Kobe handle that end while Dwight learns from kareem and in two or three years Dwight could be the most dominant player in the league.

Problem is, he should already be the most dominant player in the league. He's not and I don't see how him going to a team where he'll end up playing second fiddle will somehow make him so.

Don't underestimate the Lakers' ability to move players around to get things done guys. That's all I'm saying. Remember when there was no way they could add the "missing piece" without sending out Bynum? They are more than capable of moving the pieces around and putting together a run for the next 2-3 years with Kobe, Howard, and a 3rd guy at point.

I think the rest is going to be great for Dallas. A team filled with guys who want that first ring is hard to beat and won't lose momentum with an extended break. They'll be healthy and determined to make the Finals, very possibly the team to beat now.

Don't underestimate the Lakers' ability to move players around to get things done guys. That's all I'm saying. Remember when there was no way they could add the "missing piece" without sending out Bynum? They are more than capable of moving the pieces around and putting together a run for the next 2-3 years with Kobe, Howard, and a 3rd guy at point.

That was when they had Jerry West giving his old team a hand, though -_-

I think the rest is going to be great for Dallas. A team filled with guys who want that first ring is hard to beat and won't lose momentum with an extended break. They'll be healthy and determined to make the Finals, very possibly the team to beat now.

I'd like to see the Mavs finally win a championship. If only to see the look on David Stern's face when he gives the trophy to Mark Cuban.

• Like 2

Is there a former Lakers legend running a team in a league that will give away a superstar to them this offseason? Not saying they won't get Howard but with the new CBA things will get a little tricky.

Bynum's thuggery notwithstanding (I actually kinda like to see that out of him, but then I loved Charles Oakley too), it's HIGH-larious that sayhder shows up now, and, of course, he's here to bad-mouth the Lakers. I hate the term, but, dude, you're the definition of a hater.

Great series by Dallas, and it didn't hurt that the wheels fell off for us, mentally, and, in some cases, physically. Not running the offense through Bynum, and Pau growing a vagina...I take that back, to call Pau a bitch right now is an insult to canines everywhere. Yes, sayhder, the Lakers are also OLD. Derek Fisher is my man, but he's done, and it didn't help that they let Farmar and Sasha go, because they surely would have outplayed Steve Blake and Shannon Brown.

People can keep joking about the Pau trade, but it actually looks a little more even with the development of Marc Gasol, and that's not the first time the Lakers have re-tooled. You want to know what will bring people to LA, despite an aging Kobe? His name is Andrew, and in two years time he'll be the best center in the NBA. Besides, with a new CBA, the Knicks aren't going to have money for CP3 anyway.

I wouldn't mind seeing any of the three teams out west win it all, with a preference for Memphis, just because they're the fucking former Vancouver Grizzlies. Teams like that just don't win NBA titles. As long as it's not Boston or Miami, I won't be upset.

Again, great series by Dallas, and even though I don't think we have any Mavs fans here, congratulations, you beat the man.