2010/2011 NBA Thread

jrtdot

Holy fuck. I thought the referees would have helped make Game 7 happen.

And I so completely missed catching this live :(

tumblr_lmpku59Wo11qzjhmjo1_500.png

Kudos to whoever shooped this :D

So who will Miami trade to get Dwight :shifty:

Dwight's gonna take his talents to Los Angeles :shifty:

EDIT: Unrelated, but Dallas winning it all for me makes it up after seeing Federer lose to Nadal yet again. Big props to Nowitzki, Kidd, Terry, et al for getting the job done. Heck, even Carlisle's been vindicated as a coach.

Edited by maninblack

Holy shit. Welcome back naiwf! Haven't seen you for a while.

My old computer died and it took a while to replace it. I wanted my first post back to be a "pouring salt in the wound" post for LeBron and fortunately he rolled over like the punk that I always knew he was.

While looking back at the beginning of this thread I found this post.

Yes. The only difference is that Dirk's only got maybe 3 years left of being an elite player, while Bosh probably has at least 5-6. Dirk is also a murderer from deep if he can square up and shoot. If you're willing to sacrifice two years on the back end to have a better shot at winning the title now, I'd try to get LeBron and Dirk on the same team before I'd give Bosh max money to play with LeBron.

I'm incredibly happy for Dirk since he got so much crap from the media for things that weren't really his fault. Knowing that Nash will never get to the Finals and that he got his ring before LeBron is just icing on the cake. He'll probably never get back to the Finals, but at least he doesn't have to wear that same noose as guys like Barkley or Ewing for the rest of his life. In some ways he carried the Mavs to this title in the same fashion that Wade denied him one in '06. Hopefully Miami's 2012 season ends like Dallas' 07 one with a stunning first round playoff loss to an 8 seed after having the best record in the league :D

I guess we really are all witnesses...to the greatness of Dirk Nowitzki. Too bad Dallas still sucks, Maxx :P

Congratulations to my favorite NBA team in Texas! It's not really hard, cuz, well, fuck San Antonio, and who cares about Houston.

Is it bad that I'm actively hoping for a lock-out? It'd be the best thing for LA. Give Kobe a year to actually get healthy, Fisher a year to retire, and, watch out!

>_>

I was listening to Stephen A. Smith's show on ESPN's radio station here before the game and he mentioned that of all of the 25+ PPG regular season scorers to play in the Finals over the last 15 (it may have been 25 which is even worse) years, LeBron now has the top TWO biggest differentials in PPG from regular season to the Finals. His pathetic 4th quarter PPG average this series is also amongst the worst ever for a former MVP in the Finals too. Now maybe the idiots will stop trying to compare him to Kobe and they can finally retire that "greater than Jordan" shit that sprung up for some odd reason. You cannot be the best ever in this sport when you don't have the heart of an assassin. There is a difference between making a pass to a wide open teammate to finish a game once in a while, and deferring to someone else EVERY time. I think Barkley said it last summer, but the simple act of LeBron signing with Miami after Wade re-upped and Bosh moved there showed that he was not capable of being an alpha male and this series was further proof that the last 8 years were no fluke. The guy is talented and he's still young, but he is also one of the most overpraised athletes ever considering that he has no rings and has now quit on his team during 2 different postseasons already.

Also, props to Jim Carrey for leading this Dallas team to a title between movie roles.

Where's Blitz, the only other Mavs fan I know of on EWB?

You know me!

Basically I have nothing new to add, great to see Dirk and the guys get their ring, and it's laughable that anyone would consider Lebron the ebst ever with this disappearing act. Serves them right for that illness pisstake. It's just nice to see in this day and age, just throwing more cash than anyone else at a team doesn't guarantee you success.

The folks at the Heat forum I'm lurking at are giving the Mavs their due, and props to them for that.

But to say the Heat had a great season is...a bit much <_<

They had one of the greatest regular seasons of all time.

OF ALL TIME.

I am so happy that Dallas won. It's great to see a lot of guys on that team get a ring, but it's especially great that Kidd finally got it. It took him years of hard work and dedication, but Kidd finally got his ring. I've always been a Jason Kidd fan and I'm so excited for him.

Congratulations to Dirk and the Mavs. Very nice to see Jason Kidd go out with a ring and for a lot of the criticism that Dirk has faced since 2006 to finally go away.

As a big LeBron fan, it sucks to see him disappoint yet again. It sucks even more that I've had to deal with all the shit that comes with being a fan of the guy for the last week or so. However, I can admit that he had this coming. Hopefully he learns from it and just shut up and play ball like he can.

Still, the better team won and I'm glad that if anyone won a title other than Bron, it's Dirk.

Hopefully, this loss will help the Miami Heat become a more humble team.

The Mavericks winning the championship was great. I am not a huge basketball fan, but these NBA Finals were a lot of fun.

“All the people that were rooting me on to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life they had before,” James said. “They have the same personal problems they had to today. I’m going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want with me and my family and be happy with that.” - LeBron James

This is a direct quote of LeBron James... how can anyone possibly like this guy? He's a total douche who is bitter than he can't win important games.

He's just been a fun soundboard all season, hasn't he? Wonder how long before someone with a brain gets in his ear and has him apologize, saying it was taking out of context like all the other moronic quotes he's fed us this year. If anyone in the sports world has needed to shut up, it's "King" James.

"All the people that were rooting me on to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life they had before," James said. "They have the same personal problems they had to today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want with me and my family and be happy with that." - LeBron James

This is a direct quote of LeBron James... how can anyone possibly like this guy? He's a total douche who is bitter than he can't win important games.

From what I gather, I think he means that hating on him and wanting him to fail and ultimately getting that A) shouldn't be your top priority in life and B) ultimately doesn't change whatever else happens in your life.

That being said, I like LeBron, but until he can prove himself to be on the level of the guy he's compared to, he's the mentality of a serviceable bum with the ability to get you 32 every single night.

LeBron, if he wants to reach the next level, has to learn to play without the ball. If he weren't as athletically gifted you'd be looking at him as a sixth man on almost any NBA team because of his inability to make plays when he doesn't have the ball.

As for that quote? Well, LeBron, some people have real problems. So fuck off.

LeBron's list of things to work on this summer.

1) Knowing when to STFU

2) Post up/back to the basket game

3) Figuring out how to play off the ball

4) Hitting clutch free throws

5) Finding his testicles in the 4th quarter

6) Not referring to himself in the 3rd person

7) Not blaming his teammates/owner/God for his inability to win rings

8) His flopping technique

9) Finding a better publicist

10) Knowing when to STFU

However, Vegas odds say that the only thing he will do this summer is complain on Twitter.