2010/2011 NBA Thread

jrtdot

They're immature and they've shown no signs of getting better. It's too late for them really. They should have accepted that what they did rubbed people the wrong way and acted humble. Instead, they acted like spoiled brats, upset that people weren't being nice to them. From the welcoming party, right up to the coughing and all the jabs at the media in between, they showed themselves to be immature pricks incapable of realizing exactly why people hated them and ultimately deciding they didn't give a shit. Wade and James are no different than Sarah Palin when it comes to dealing with criticism. They won't hold themselves accountable and they'll blame everything on the media being out to get them and people wanting to see them fail.

"All the people that were rooting me on to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life they had before," James said. "They have the same personal problems they had to today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want with me and my family and be happy with that." - LeBron James

This is a direct quote of LeBron James... how can anyone possibly like this guy? He's a total douche who is bitter than he can't win important games.

From what I gather, I think he means that hating on him and wanting him to fail and ultimately getting that A) shouldn't be your top priority in life and B) ultimately doesn't change whatever else happens in your life.

That being said, I like LeBron, but until he can prove himself to be on the level of the guy he's compared to, he's the mentality of a serviceable bum with the ability to get you 32 every single night.

What I got from it is that A) He's very bitter that the majority of NBA fans don't like him, of course on Monday I'm going back to my job and working like I normally do, but that doesn't mean I can't delight in the fact that he lost while I go about my everyday life.

Steve Kerr's comments about LeBron were spot on. He's not Jordan, he's Scottie Pippen. The sooner he realizes that and gets over himself, the sooner the Heat can become the dynasty they want to be.

I think it would also help if they matured a bit because people would actually start respecting them again. I wouldn't be a fan of them, but I would respect them. And I agree halfway with Steve Kerr. Right now his skill set/tendencies are more like Scottie Pippen, but I believe that if he worked on his jumpshot in all aspects of the game he could be more of a scorer... right now he is just an elite athlete with playmaking ability.

There's just a few things LeBron has to practice to become unstoppable. He hasn't really improved much since he came into the league, he's just gotten stronger and faster but beyond that he's basically the same James that was wowing people 10 years ago when he was a junior in high school. It's disappointing as a fan, we thought he could be putting up 30/8/8 in a bad year. His attitude is more suited to him taking a sidekick role since he doesn't want to do what he needs to reach that next level.

LeBron James = Ken Griffey Jr.

All the God given talent to be the GOAT, but none of the drive to do anything extraordinary with that talent. If Kobe had LeBron's physical tools he would easily finish as the all time leading scorer in NBA history, would have made a run at Bill Russell's ring collection and would have at least 4 MVPs by now. Similarly, if LeBron had Kobe's incessant drive to be the greatest he would come close to averaging a triple double every year with 30+ PPG.

Edited by naiwf

Hey, now. Griffey would have easily hit 800 homers had injuries not eaten him alive. I will not allow such a horrible analogy to be drawn!

Fixed. Griffey was my guy, but he squandered his chance to rewrite the record book. Instead he has to settle for a spot as a top 20 hitter. Kinda like LeBron :P

This is ridiculous. I'm no Lebron lover but come the fuck on. This series was awful for him. Don't disregard the rest of the body of his work.

He hasn't improved much since he got into the league? You're still talking about a 2x MVP. That's gifted company. He wasn't an MVP his rookie year. He shot in the low 40% from the field around then if I remember correctly, he now shoots above 50% which is nuts for his shot output.

He isn't in a good light right now obviously. Neither was Dirk after the Miami series all those years ago. Don't confuse his inability to shut the fuck up with an inability to play basketball. Lebron will win a championship. Probably two maybe three. Every issue he has is correctable I'd be shocked to see him not eventually get it done.

You are completely missing the point of what we're saying. He's basically been in cruise control since day one, this is everybody's criticism of LeBron. He could have developed a jump shot, post up move, and off-the-ball offense but he hasn't needed to since without these skills he's still the most dominating player in the league. But with those skills he'd be the most dominating player of all time. He doesn't have the attitude of the great ones, he might have the gifts but he doesn't have the heart that separated Magic, Bird, and Jordan from their peers and that currently separates Kobe from his peers. Michael Jordan, from day one, wanted to be the best player that there ever was at all costs. LeBron convinced himself at age 16 that it didn't matter what happened, he was going to be the best player there ever was. That's the difference. That's our complaint. That's why we'll criticize him, because he wants to be the greatest but he doesn't want to put it in the work.

I hope, as a fan of basketball, that this year's Finals are enough to make him spend the entire lockout becoming a much more complete player.

• Like 1

I don't know shit about his work method. Do you? I don't know how hard he's tried to add anything to his game but he's definitely improved. He's a 28-7-7 guy. The only thing I think is reasonable to question is why didn't the 28-7-7 dominating guy come into the finals? I just think it's mental. He isn't a killer like Jordan. Can't teach that. It sucks but why does he have to be Jordan? There is only one greatest ever. He didn't carve himself that chair the media did.

I said this on...I think Monday or Tuesday: LeBron has the ability to give you 30/8/8 every night but also kinda has the mentality of a serviceable bum.

What I define a "serviceable bum" as is that guy - random ballplayer X. He's the guy who subs in for a starter, does exactly what that starter does for a few minutes, then gets taken out fora guy who does the exact same thing he and the starter can do. On any night, he can take the game over and leave his stamp on it but also when there are nights that call for him to, he'll get into that bum mode where he's got his head caught in the lights. His issue isn't mechanical - it's mental. Something happens in these moments that makes him just not let the talent take over. I heard something about Jason Terry really fucking with him when it came to trash talk and I heard more drama with the women in LeBron's life (this time his girlfriend and Rashad Lewis). Whatever the issue is, he needs to fix it this offseason or just do a better job of blocking out problems during high pressure situations.

why is it always LeBron? he's not even the best on his team. it's Wade's team and Wade is the star of the team. Wade is more comparable to Jordan, while LeBron and Bosh are support right now. Wade made some key mistakes but still they would have had no chance in that series without him.