Friday Night Lights

Twist

How on earth is there not a thread for this?

I'm only six episodes into the first season but everything about this is great. Sure, there are a few cliches but they're executed brilliantly. I was wondering how this reflects in terms of real life high school in Texas?

I am in love with this program.

I'm only six episodes into the first season but everything about this is great. Sure, there are a few cliches but they're executed brilliantly. I was wondering how this reflects in terms of real life high school in Texas?

I remember seeing a FNL thread around here, but it faded away and no one posted in there anymore. But yeah, I love the show too, really like where they taking the characters overall.

I'm Australian and I love this show to bits.

Currently going through the 2nd season on DVD that only just came out here.

Fantastic show, It's a shame that much shittier shows get way better ratings.

Fantastic show, It's a shame that much shittier shows get way better ratings.

On the bright side, the show has load of critical support and since they've known for a couple years that the next season will be the last, they can give it the proper finale it deserves.

• Like 1

I'm a huge FNL fan as well. Australian too. I have watched through to season four and can't wait for season five. I just started to watch season one again yesterday and now remember why I love this show so much. Hope you guys are enjoying it.

Season One is definitely the best. The whole way it plays out it's just fantastic. As for the current season, I've only missed episode Two and Four... anything important happend on that episode?

The reason why there isn't a thread on FNL is because this season already aired earlier this year. I'm not going to spoil anything but its a really good season, I might have to give it another watch one of these days.

I'm a huge FNL fan as well. Australian too. I have watched through to season four and can't wait for season five. I just started to watch season one again yesterday and now remember why I love this show so much. Hope you guys are enjoying it.

Season One is definitely the best. The whole way it plays out it's just fantastic. As for the current season, I've only missed episode Two and Four... anything important happend on that episode?

What season are you up to? I don't have Foxtel and got all the seasons of the net so I don't know what season they are currently showing.

I have always wondering if high school football was actually like this in the US? Does it come close to what they portray it as on FNL and many other movies?

What season are you up to? I don't have Foxtel and got all the seasons of the net so I don't know what season they are currently showing.

I have always wondering if high school football was actually like this in the US? Does it come close to what they portray it as on FNL and many other movies?

It's Season 4, I think, the one they're showing on NBC.

Don't know in other states, but in Texas, High School and College football is a pretty big deal, even more than pro football. It is pretty close to what you see in movies.

Yeah, high school football is a HUGE deal in many parts of the country, but Texas takes it to a whole other level... to the point where it's kinda scary and sad. It's huge here in Cincinnati too, and I think a lot of it has to do with the close, emotional attachment some people have to their high school. If you walked up to someone here and asked them where they went to school, their immediate answer will be their high school, even if they went to college. I think it's definitely a bigger deal in smaller towns where people often spend their entire lives.

I find that so crazy that a town can get that into HS football. Over here HS football is almost non exsistent, we mostly play for a local club on the weekend and even now playing 1st grade for a small town club we don't get big crowds (our biggest we had was last years grand final, local derby, just over 5k people) but people do stop you in the street and ask about the team and stuff like that.

I just find it amazing the passion a town could have for a team of HS footballers. I would have loved to experience that sort of feel, but at the same time the pressure must be massive on the team with a whole town looking at you. Have any of you guys played football in HS for a town like this?

The town I lived in wasn't quite like what's depicted in the show or small Texas towns in general, but yeah, high school football was a pretty big deal were I'm from, especially when we would play one of our two crosstown rivals. I mean, living in a smaller city/town there just isn't a whole lot to do so what else would be do on a Friday night?