NHL 11

Toe

Me being on the Oilers (BAP) has brought them great success, but unfortunately we've also just hit some bad luck. Hemsky just went out with a broken leg from a shot gone wild, Poulliet (sp?) is already out with a broken leg from the same thing. Brule is out complaining with a sore hip, and is due back later than both broken legs, fucking whiner.

Our overall record is 25-5-1, dominating the league. I'm heading into a game with San Jose, who's got a nice record going themselves at 20-10-1. Hopefully the Hemsky injury won't set us back too much, as he was my wingman, always getting me open.

EDIT: Thankfully I still have my legs intact, we demolished them 6-2

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

My BAP is mostly littered with fights so far, after 3 games my player had 48 PIMs. I fought Milan Lucic in game 1 and he broke my jaw, so in game 2 I fought Lucic and Shawn Thornton and broke both of their jaws. Haha, fuckers.

Game 3 was basically my coming out party, since I had a Gordie Howe hat trick. My goal was nothing special, but the fight was: I dropped the gloves with, and KTFOed, Teemu Selänne of all people.

I traded for Ryan Malone to be on the wing with Kessel and Bozak. Now, my second line is Versteeg with Grabbo and Kulemin, and my third line features Jon Mitchell between Armstrong and MacArthur.

I am tied with Chicago for tops in the league. My powerplay is at 30%, which is 10% higher then the next best team.

I'm absolutely murdering in my BAP. Edmonton is leading the NHL with a record of 38-5-1, I've got a few more than 65 goals, and close to 40 assists so far in my 44 games played.

But the real reason for me having this post is this:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/42861298

Best. Faceoff. Ever.

Had a horrible goal against us in EASHL the other day too. One of the opposing players gets called for a penalty so our goalie leaves the net and we get the extra skater. No biggie, we have the puck in their zone. I take a shot, deflects off their defender right back down our end and into the empty net. Horrible.

I've been playing this game a fair bit recently, and have recorded some cool highlights imo.

This was pretty much a perfect tip. Loved that hand eye, to get in exactly the right place and subtly guide it home. Was awesome, even if it might have cost me a goal.

This one ruled. Three guys between me and the goalie and I still label it top shelf. Like a boss, son. :D

This is a glitch I've noticed. I put it in black and white because Benny Hill music makes it funnier. :)

This is my intense face.

This is me taunting like a dick even though I only scored on the empty net. >_> (I hate the Flames, so all is well)

This one is me trying to end careers. Oh, sorry, were you using that knee? :angry:

This one isn't from Be A Player, but it looks absolutely vicious, like some sort of Face First Razors Edge. Say hello to the neurologist!

God damnit. My Oilers have 7 games left in our season before we enter the playoffs (besides the one I'm in now). Hemsky just got put out with a broken leg in the last game for the next 4 weeks, and now this game I just took an injury (and knocked the guy out for it). All right before the playoffs, thats 2/3's of our first line injured. At least I went back out to score a 4th goal. Maybe my hat trick is the reason they injured me :shifty:.

EDIT: Phew, only a sore arm. 2 day injury, I'm still ready for the playoffs, and my next game at that.

66-8-1 record for the Oilers, I'm leading in Goals, Assists and Points with 124, 68, & 192 respectively. Call me Crosvetchkin

EDIT 2: Lol. 11-0 shutout against LA. 7 goals, 2 assists by yours truely. Ironically went from Rookie to Pro with that game as well.

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

Within 4 minutes of a game against the Canadiens I injured Plekanec with a Dion Phaneuf point shot then had Grabbo run over Cammalleri to injure him. Won the game 3-0 (two empty-netters though). (H)

Then I lost to the Oilers 3-2 in OT despite having a 32-21 shot advantage. Stupid Khabibulin not being on the wagon in the game. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Have they released the update yet?

No.

It's been said by developers that this Tuesday is the target release date for the patch, but there's been rumblings that the X-Box 360 version of the patch may be delayed for a week or two.

EA Canada is a mess right now, and apparently the development team on the NHL series is the smallest team to work on any of the games since the early days of the series.