NHL 11

Toe

Have they fixed Be-A-GM yet?

This is what the patch is supposed to address. The experience points issue within Be-a-GM, as well as the other issues, such as the one where pre-season games go past the in-game waiver deadline, causing superstar players to play out their season in the AHL. Though, if you didn't download the roster update, this was already fixed. They just happened to fuck it up again.

The XP capping at 1500 is the most glaring issue with the game, as it makes it impossible to properly build a team, or to bring together a group of guys who make eachother better throughout the season with their play. Anything else that they fix is just gravy, because really, for anyone who plays offline, the Be-a-GM issues are the only thing keeping us from really diving in.

• 3 months later...

I am playing as the Islanders. I traded Streit and a 2nd pick for Erik Johnson, sent DiPietro to Philly for Meszaros, and rode Roloson to 7th in the East. I don't care if I can go further in the playoffs. With Johnson and Tavares, I have a ton of potential and hope going forward.

Oh yeah...Grabner scored 46 and will win the Richard Trophy!

My defence will be great next season. If I can get a goaltender, I will be a very competitive club.

Edited by Toe

My Islanders team is so much different. Niemi is in net, my top blueliner is Brian Campbell, and I have Daniel Briere and Andrew Ladd playing 1/2 right wing.

After the playoffs, I am aiming to add a goaltender, a top four defender, and any good forward I can get my hands on. I am probably going to put my first rounder in play.

In goal, I am keeping my fingers crossed that Bryzgalov is a UFA.

I won the freakin' Cup with the Islanders. Roloson won the Conn Smythe. I didn't expect to win a series, so I started simming games. I played Game 6 of the Finals vs. Vancouver and won the Cup in Nassau Coliseum! Roloson retired, but it was cool to see him lift the Cup.

No Bryz, but I did get Jimmy Howard and Josh Harding. A pretty solid tandem moving forward, and both guys are only 27.

My defence got a boost. Eric Johnson improved a ton, and I signed Paul Ranger to add another all around defender. I also added Hal Gill on a one year deal to strengthen my third pair. My defence is:

Johnson - Meszaros

Ranger - Bergeron

Gill - Wisniewski

Up front, I only added Jason Arnott on a one year deal to center my second or third line. Tavares and Okposo improved, and Grabner is just filthy. I want to add a left winger, but it is not a pressing issue.

With my current team, I expect to improve on my seventh place finish and continue developing my players.

I just picked up Hejduk and Svatos for a 4th, MPS, and Rob Schremp. My top line is Moulson - Tavares - Briere, my second is Ladd - Bailey - Hejduk.

If I didn't have bipolar goaltending, I'd be kicking ass.

I'm about 20 games in, and close to the top of the conference because of my defence. I added Dustin Penner by trading away Trent Hunter and a 2nd round pick in 2013. I just need to find out where to fit him in, because I like Moulson on the top line but placing Penner with Arnott might slow my second line down too much.

One annoying this is that the Blackhawks refuse to sign Seabrook, but he is a RFA so no one else will sign him either. I already have 50 contracts, so I cannot make a run at him. It is annoying. Setogutchi is in the same spot and is coming off of a 44 goal season, but the Sharks won't sign him for the 3 mil he wants.

I signed Zach Parise during the 2011 offseason with the Islanders. One sexy top line of Parise-Tavares-Okposo I have going now.

That's exactly what the Islanders did in the off-season after my first year with the Flames in Be-a-GM. They also added Alex Tanguay for their second line after I decided to let him go to free agency.

For some reason, I've noticed in previous Be-a-GM games, and in this one, that the Island seems to be a popular destination for guys who might not be considered "elite" players, but who definitely are some of the more underrated big-name guys.

I signed Parise with my Leafs when I played as them. I also did a one for one swap with Anaheim that blew me away - Kaberle for Getzlaf.

I am trying to get a defender to upgrade on Gill or Wizniewski. They are starting to annoy me. I do have Mark Eaton, but I don't like him either. He is only on my team because without him, I would be under the cap.

So I started a new Be A GM as the Blackhawks. Decided to sim the 2010-2011 season.

Line-up in the first month so far has been:

Sharp-Toews-Kane

Morin-Frolik-Hossa

Bickell-Bolland-Brouwer

Beach-Johnson-Smith

Keith-Seabrook

Exelby-Campbell

Scott-Hjalmarsson

Crawford-Salak

Only have 100k in cap space so I'm really wanting to move Campbell and bring up some of my younger D-men (Vishnevsky and Leddy are the two I'd like to take over soon), and I think resigning Sharp this coming offseason is probably #1 priority as my LW slot is a bit weak as of now.

I think it has been mentioned here before, but I find the Draft in this game to be completely underwhelming. Guys never seem to develop quite right and trying to trade players ends up being a nightmare as I usually get a counter off of shitty AHL guy + 7 Round Pick offers for Marian Hossa.