NHL 2010/2011

SeanDMan

Some interesting remarks from Steve Montador about intent and ice awareness (aka "bullshit"). In unrelated news, Chara is assessed a boarding penalty last night for putting Montador in from behind :shifty:. It's just one player's opinion obviously, but I think it lends some credence to things people are saying here. At any rate, the league's position is to move on so this is rapidly becoming a dead issue.

I kind of like that it's completely impractical to start making playoff projections even with only 15 games left in the season. I've been watching at least one game most every night lately, the race in the West has been really exciting to watch develop so far.

EDIT: Henrik Sedin calls out the league and Joe Thornton talk about a weird Boston bias that hasn't been brought up.

Guest mr. potato head

Anyone else think the media's putting way too much into playoff races at this point? I get that every game is important, but it seems the media want to make every game do-or-die for any team remotely near the bubble...despite the fact that the 12th place teams in each conference could still technically finish first!

Both divisions have spots that are very tight and that makes every game worth watching, but with that much parity it's never really a "do or die" situation. The coverage does seem backwards in that way, like they're touting that anything can happen but always with this finality that a loss would be completely devastating.

I don't know if it's that a repeat of the Stamkos-Sedins race (minus Crosby) for the Art Ross isn't captivating enough as the end-of-the-year story or if they just want to get people watching every game. More than any other news outlet, I'm always curious about the editorial direction of TSN in particular and how everything works.

Seems like Reimer is no longer a god. After we lose the game (assuming we do, down 3-2)....send him back down to the Marlies. Let him help them with their playoff run.

Ben Scrivens is doing well with the Marlies. He started his year in the ECHL and has earned the chance to play. Plus, the Reims seemed to pick up his game in the third period.

Lashoff is getting rewarded for his strong play in the AHL, and it won't be hard for him to perform better then Lebda.

Kadri has added sand paper to his game. It sucks that Colby Armstrong is down for the season, but now we get to see if Kadri is any closer to becoming a NHL player.