NHL 2010/2011

SeanDMan

Reimer!!! :wub:

3rd shutout for the 500 to come.

Although, he did screw me in my hockey pool. We're in the playoffs, and the other guy has Reimer....I'm down 9-3 (beating me in all 4 goalie stats).

Is that why you wanted him sent back to the Marlies? :shifty:

Edited by pizzamonkey

Although, he did screw me in my hockey pool. We're in the playoffs, and the other guy has Reimer....I'm down 9-3 (beating me in all 4 goalie stats).

Haha. That makes sense.

I didn't know who I was playing until Monday :P

BUt I will gladly take the Leafs getting into the playoffs over my own hockey pool win. I was in first place for about 2 months, that's good enough for me.

Yeah, get on a winning streak now, Colorado. No one gives a fuck.

Apparently there are rumours going around that Emery could be headed to the Avs next year. Short of a tweet declaring that the rumours are going around, I have found nothing on the matter at all.

Well, Mark Recchi, a former hockey hero of mine has lost all my respect.

Today, on whatever hack radio sports show is on WBZ in Boston, he and the hosts discussed how the hit on Pacioretty was a clean hit, how it was Pacioretty's fault and that he embellished the hit. Then following the hit, Mark Recchi made the claim that the broken vertebrae couldn't have been that bad, nor could his concussion and he was embellishing to try and get Chara suspended.

Sad day for me, I used to respect Recchi.

Not surprised with the comments coming out of Boston however, their media and fans are second only to Philly in terms of dickishness and being uninformed.

I feel so dirty for doing/saying it, but I made 50 bucks last night because I called that Montreal would go down by at least 5 goals. It just seemed inevitable even before the game. Boston are all sex nuts and retard strong, the last game they got spanked like children and they had lost 4 of 5 games in the season series to that point. All signs pointed to a blowout in their barn.

Not that it feels good to have been shutout for 6 periods in a row for a score of 9-0 haha.

Oh well,

We're calling it lulling the Broooooons into a false sense of security for the playoffs, then Blammo, like clockwork we restore the natural order of things. I mean, I understand that Boston swept an injury decimated Montreal 2 years ago, but, I'm erring on the side of we just usually beat Boston.... especially in the playoffs... like 75% of the time or something as stupid as that.

If it were like rock paper scissors it'd be Montreal covers Boston, New Jersey breaks Montreal and Nobody beats New Jersey.

So apparently Mike Milbury bagged out Bissonnette for tweeting over the night's games. When informed of this, Biz Nasty completely destroyed Milbury with this gem of a tweet:

Milbury? The guy who traded chara and the second pick (spezza) for yashin? That guy?

Then Mike Commodore went one better with a follow up tweet:

@BizNasty2point0 not to mention Luongo and jokinen for parish and kvasha...

Shows how much the current player base respects Milbury :D

Also interesting to think...how freaking insane would the Isles be right now if they had all these players still?!

• Like 3

As a Windsor resident, nothing makes me happier than the Wings beating the Leafs.. the tears being shed on facebook is making me a very, very happy fan.

I probably wouldn't be a very, very happy fan going into the playoffs with Joey MacDonald backstopping and Rafalski in the press box, but I'm a Leaf fan so I know fuck all about playoff hockey anyway :P. I think Windsor might be the last stronghold for this rivalry, there was a brawl in the stands last night which included somebody wearing 17 blue.

Milbury has to be a shoe-in for when Don Cherry is through, I can't imagine there's anyone who can draw up comparable amounts of ire among players and fans.

So apparently Mike Milbury bagged out Bissonnette for tweeting over the night's games. When informed of this, Biz Nasty completely destroyed Milbury with this gem of a tweet:

Milbury? The guy who traded chara and the second pick (spezza) for yashin? That guy?

Then Mike Commodore went one better with a follow up tweet:

@BizNasty2point0 not to mention Luongo and jokinen for parish and kvasha...

Shows how much the current player base respects Milbury :D

Also interesting to think...how freaking insane would the Isles be right now if they had all these players still?!

Probably not that amazing. With Chara, Spezza and Luongo - this assuming they even take Spezza - there's no earthly way they end up drafting Okposo, Bailey, Tavares, Neiderreiter and so on.

As a Windsor resident, nothing makes me happier than the Wings beating the Leafs.. the tears being shed on facebook is making me a very, very happy fan.

I probably wouldn't be a very, very happy fan going into the playoffs with Joey MacDonald backstopping and Rafalski in the press box, but I'm a Leaf fan so I know fuck all about playoff hockey anyway :P I think Windsor might be the last stronghold for this rivalry, there was a brawl in the stands last night which included somebody wearing 17 blue.

Milbury has to be a shoe-in for when Don Cherry is through, I can't imagine there's anyone who can draw up comparable amounts of ire among players and fans.

Yeah I heard about that fight in the stand from a bunch of people who went to the game, friend of mine was a section over and a row down, so he got a good view of it, hopefully he got a picture or some video, but I'm quite sure the NHL has a policy about that >_>

Thankfully, Howard isn't going to miss much if any at all time on the ice, because I have ZERO Faith in Joey MacDonald, this isn't EHM where he racks up 65 wins a season in my farm, he's subpar at best.

And Windsor is for sure the last stronghold in this rivalry you could argue Chatham into this but I'd be fair to say that about 80% of Chatham are Leaf fans which makes Windsor that stronghold, so much shit was being talked on Facebook on how the Leafs were going to dominate because they've won the last 3 meetings, I'm pretty sure that guy was counting the pre-season as well, hasn't said dick since the Wings went up 3-2, Toronto needs a Cal-Stanford type miracle to make the playoffs, winning out and hoping Buffafo will lose every single game, which isn't happening, which leaves the Windsor Leaf fans, talking about how next year will be their year, much like they do every year and every year they predictably collapse when it starts to matter, was surprised that they started so well this year, everyone was hopping aboard the bandwagon, then they lost something like 10 straight or what have you and haven't been able to recover since.

Other than C-Heat, any other Windsor folk here?

The god damn Flames seem to want to give me a heart attack. It's not bad enough that they've dug themselves this huge hole down the stretch, they had to go and give Edmonton a nice big lead last night and be outplayed for a lot of the game. Then, because they like fucking with me, they turn it on and win the game in dramatic fashion, keeping playoff "hopes" alive.

Based on last year's number of 96 points to get into the post-season, the Flames have 5 games left to score 9 points, meaning just one regulation loss ends our season. Even running the table doesn't guarantee anything. At least the teams ahead of us seem to be playing eachother a lot here at the end of the season.