NCAA Football '11

HailtotheYo

I'm downright horrible on Defense. And right now, I can move the ball but something bad always happens in the red zone. It feels like such a different game then last year. I like it, but it is very frusterating. I did start out pretty bad last year as well, so hopefully I improve like I did then too.

I am in an online dynasty with a few of my friends. We did all ACC (Duke, Maryland, Wake Forest, and Virginia). I am Virginia and holy crap do I have some building to do. First year is done already, and my team went 5-7 (we are recruiting the first few years to get our teams the way we want). I had the 20th best recruiting class though getting a Nation high 23 3-star recruits. So far this season, my boys are 2-2, I have two three-star tackles signed and four or five four-star players on the cusp of signing. Eventhough my team seems to be the worst as of right now, my recruiting classes have been the strongest and I expect to be a contender in the ACC in the next three or four seasons.

I'm downright horrible on Defense. And right now, I can move the ball but something bad always happens in the red zone. It feels like such a different game then last year. I like it, but it is very frusterating. I did start out pretty bad last year as well, so hopefully I improve like I did then too.

I've gotten to the point that on defense I just let the computer control them for me most of the time. I've noticed that the players move a lot faster and react much better when the computer handles them instead of me, it's really frustrating to be honest.

One thing I have learned is that you cant set half the stuff to agressive like I use to. I now set for them to wrap up instead of a big hit. I also Cant just pick to plan for pass or run mid, left, or right like I use to. In some ways it's a bit more game planning....then again I play mostly as michigan so yea, bah humbug haha.

Oh, I have no problem with all of that, it's just if I'm controlling the RE he doesn't get off the line nearly as fast as if I let the computer control him and I can't figure out why. They aren't jumping the snap so I don't know what it is.

ahh, yea, I havent had that problem, but then again, I couldn't tell you why I havent. I'm getting the same jump that I did before. It's possible I never got much of a jump to begin with. My problem was with my secordary overplaying the run so bad that they get caught to far up. And that type of stuff. Since I made those adjustment I at least been able to be compeitive again.

I'd be up for a single conference OD, or an open Dynasty. I'm just not the kind of person to organize and run things. HoodedMandarin is the gamertag on 360

How about an Online Dynasty with the C-USA? Play from the outset. This way there's a team in each player's region and if we play from the outset, in theory that should keep people interested. Since it seems no one else is coming up with anything.

OK PS3 guys ....

How are we going to do this ?

In the past I've found that it's a little easier to spread the teams out because while at the start people can make things work for H2H games quite well ... as it wears on the more of them there are, the quicker it dies out.

So, I'm up for either simming a couple of years (and playing bowl games/conf title games or whatever) or playing from the get go.

The only thing I really like doing is setting the rule of "no super teams" ... so you know, we actually have to work at shit. Basically no "A" overall teams.

So, who's up for it ? Starr .... i'm looking at you at least sucka.