2010/2011 UEFA Champions League

EddieG

SAF on MUTV regarding Anderson: "He should score more goals," he said. "He's got the pace and power. He's clever, he's accurate with his passing, he should be accurate with his finishing and he's taken his goal well tonight. I'm pleased. That'll help him."

:mellow:

Rooney did really well yesterday, such a shame his glorious attempt hit the bar in the first half. Some clever passing a few decent goal attempts, should get on the scoresheet again soon. He's like a different man from what we saw before that contract hassle.

SAF on MUTV regarding Anderson: "He should score more goals," he said. "He's got the pace and power. He's clever, he's accurate with his passing, he should be accurate with his finishing and he's taken his goal well tonight. I'm pleased. That'll help him."

He was an amazing attacking midfielder before going to the EPL, he had awesome dribble ability and was really accurate with his pass, whatever they did to him in MU took all the magic from his play.

People say the same thing about Mikel...

Frankly, I don't buy it. I have seen him take shots. I have never seen him take one on target. Which, I dunno, should probably be a bare minimum for a repressed midfielder with a latent attacking flair.

He was an amazing attacking midfielder before going to the EPL, he had awesome dribble ability and was really accurate with his pass, whatever they did to him in MU took all the magic from his play.

Rubbish. He's stepped up into arguably the best league in the world and sometimes it takes time to settle. The guy has shown many glimpses of brilliance in the past, sometimes not getting a proper chance and sometimes losing out due to a few injuries. He's now finally back in the squad and is looking like he may have finally found his stride properly for us. His passing was lovely against Valencia and he's good going back and forward, his terminator like runs are fucking awesome. Nobody has taken the magic away from him just because he hasn't lit the world on fire. He's twenty two years old and could have a great future ahead for us.

Champions League draw tomorrow!

Here are the selection of teams that the English clubs can draw...

Arsenal vs...

Schalke 04

Barcelona

Bayern Munich

Real Madrid

Chelsea vs...

Inter Milan

Lyon

Valencia

FC Copenhagen

Roma

AC Milan

Manchester United vs...

Inter Milan

Lyon

FC Copenhagen

Roma

Marseille

AC Milan

Tottenham Hotspur vs...

Lyon

Valencia

FC Copenhagen

Roma

Marseille

AC Milan

The draw will start at 11am GMT, but because this is UEFA it'll no doubt take something like 90 minutes to happen.

Arsenal will have their first leg at home and their second away, by virtue of finishing 2nd in their group. The other three are in reverse.

I've always been doubtful of the supposed value in having the second leg at home. If you're at home last, then you can get the surprise of extra away goals sprung at you and find yourself in a position of needing to score two more goals, throwing your game plan into turmoil. But if you're away last, you know exactly how many away goals the other side have been able to score and therefore exactly what you need to do.

Eh, but what do I know.

Editing the draw in here as it happens...

ROMA vs SHAKHTAR DONETSK

AC MILAN vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR

VALENCIA vs SCHALKE 04

INTER MILAN vs BAYERN MUNICH

LYON vs REAL MADRID

ARSENAL vs BARCELONA

MARSEILLE vs MANCHESTER UNITED

FC COPENHAGEN vs CHELSEA

Do I love this draw? Oh yes. I love everything about it.