Adam Dunn is Superman

Your Mom

Last night, Red's hitter Adam Dunn launched a 535 foot homerun out of the Great American Ball Park and into the Kentucky River. Since portions of the Kentucky River are entirely in the state of Kentucky, this may have become the first Home Run in Major League history to be hit in one state (Ohio) and land in another (Kentucky).

HOLY CRAP! :o

Too bad Dunn's selectiveness has and still sucks majorly. Don't tell me it's acceptable because he's a power hitter because most great power hitters DON'T HAVE 135 STRIKEOUTS AT THIS POINT IN THE SEASON. That's more than 1 per game. MORE THAN 1 PER GAME.

In my MVP Baseball 2004 season he had 130 walks and a .480 OBP. He led the league in both.

Though in real life his plate discipline is awful.

Too bad Dunn's selectiveness has and still sucks majorly. Don't tell me it's acceptable because he's a power hitter because most great power hitters DON'T HAVE 135 STRIKEOUTS AT THIS POINT IN THE SEASON. That's more than 1 per game. MORE THAN 1 PER GAME.

He'll never be a true superstar in my opinion until he develops better discipline. Power hitters may be paid to hit home runs, but they're not paid to strike out. That's a waste of an out a game at this rate. I'm not saying he's a horrible player, he's a good player, I'm just saying he's overrated simply because of his power.

He'll never be a true superstar in my opinion until he develops better discipline. Power hitters may be paid to hit home runs, but they're not paid to strike out. That's a waste of an out a game at this rate. I'm not saying he's a horrible player, he's a good player, I'm just saying he's overrated simply because of his power.

He's not looking at only 150 strikeouts this year. He'd probably have more than 180.

But you're blowing what I said out of proportion. Is Adam Dunn as good of a player as Sammy? No. Could be sometime? Maybe. Is he as good of a player as Reggie Jackson? Hell no, and he'll never be. And Reggie Jackson still has many more games played than strikeouts in his career. I'm saying Adam Dunn is way too one-dimensional at a moment. He is simply a star at the moment and I'm saying he's going to have to vastly improve his discipline at the dish if he wants to be a superstar at this day and age. Not to mention he's well..I'll just say not a great fielder. Sammy Sosa is at least an average fielder and Reggie Jackson was a pretty good outfielder.

He's not going to become a huge MLB-wide superstar anytime soon if he doesn't do something else besides just hit for power and strike out at least once a game, especially since he's playing in Cincinnati who after a great start is coming back to reality and this is how it's going to be for the next few years. I personally don't even consider him to be the Reds' franchise player currently, I think that's Sean Casey, or Ken Griffey Jr when health (which we may never see again.), but Casey has been awesome this year.

But then again the Yankees will probably buy him off the Reds sometime.

I've caught a quite few Reds games this year and it just seems like he will chase the same pitches time after time after time. But whatever.

Now a guy that lacks plate discipline, but doesn't need it?

Vlllllllllllllad. What a freak of nature.

Oh and I never said I'd rather have a guy with 10 homers and and 20 Ks.

I'd rather have these guys. (Bonds disregarded because he is arguably already the greatest player of all time)

All this stats are so far this season

Pujols: 32 HRs, 36 Ks

Beltre: 32 HRs, 59 Ks

Burnitz: 31 HRs, 85 Ks

Konerko: 29 HRs, 71 Ks

Alou: 27 HRs, 58 Ks

Teixeira: 27 HRs, 78 Ks

Helton: 26 HRs, 43 Ks

Abreu: 25 HRs, 28 Ks

Finley: 24 HRs, 55 Ks

Sweeney: 22 HRs, 43 Ks

Guillen (Jose): 22 HRs, 65 Ks

Valentin (THIS IS JOSE VALENTINE. JOSE F-ING VALENTINE. Hell I'd take his slightly less number of homers and less Ks over Dunn so far) 26 HRs, 104 Ks

There's quite a few more guys with similar numbers. I don't know about you but I'd take most of these guys number over Dunn's HRs and Strikeouts.

Most of the people you mentioned are great hitters and no one is saying that Dunn hits for average. The only people on their that don't have a good BA are Burnitz, Alou & Valentin and I'll sure as hell take Dunn over them.

Adam Dunn may not be a great player but he is a freak of nature when it comes to power and home runs. Also, Thome is the same way (he has 36 HR & 118 SO's already) and has always been the same type of hitter that Dunn is and I don't see people not wanting him on their team.

Did I say historically? No.

Beltre is a five tool rising star. Guillen has turned it on over the past few years and Konerko is a solid hitter.

Just because there are guys you'd take infront of Dunn doesn't mean anything. Dunn is a power hitter and some guys are just that. He may strike out alot but Thome is a guy that any team would kill to have and he is just like Dunn. They strikeout alot but they can also turn the game around with their power.

Also, has Sammy ever been anything than a power hitter? You call him a great player but all he does is hit home runs, basically.

Edited by CM Punk