Awesome Live Performances

SwantonEdge

Muse - supporting Ash. January 2000.

London Astoria.

That's when I first heard of them.

I WAS THERE! Booyah!

In fact I'm pretty sure the back of my head is in the early seconds.

Muscle Museum was their other amazing live song.

Their Hullabaloo DVD from the Zenith in Paris was brilliant.

I've lost most of my love for Muse but those two tracks are still incredible.

Best TV performance? From what I've seen and been shown, it's gotta be Kasabian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkT0G7ewzI0

My favourite ever gig may have been the first time I saw Polysics in Birmingham. They played Bar Academy to about 40 of us and still destroyed everything I'd ever known about music at that time. Might have been 2004 I think.

The lead singer was doing everything right - dancing, drinking peoples beers, wearing their backpacks, dancing, running around, shouting out useless English and ending every sentence with "OR DIEEEEEE!!!!!!"

In fact, they're live over here in OCTOBER! Whooo! This has reminded me! Off to buy tickets! 300 capacity venue! Whoo.

I wish there was decent footage of when Matthew Good played an acoustic show around here - it was in an honest to goodness playhouse which had amazing, amazing acoustics and pretty much defined what an artist can sound like live to me. Even if it might as well have been called "watch one of your idols get drunk for three or so hours" because he was pretty trashed off wine at the end of it.

And yes, I am aware that anyone not named SDM, Kaney or Ollie stopped reading after I wrote "Matthew Good".

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Opeth covering Catch The Rainbow at Bloodstock as a tribute to Dio. There's a fair amount of background noise (to be expected with how it was filmed), but it's still awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Heard this the first time driving. Had to pull over and cry. It's so fucking epic and adds so much with a live crowd singing. I'm not that big a pussy usually, but it had been my break up song for a guy I still am madly in love with and wasn't expecting it (I'd downloaded a sampler mp3 pack), or for the crowd to add so much to it once I recognised it (hadn't listened to the rambling at the start).

Edited by QuomQuat

I can't embed it. I posted this in the l33t thread, but fuck it, it deserves to go here too. I was getting out of my seat, the encore just ended, walking towards the door, and Zooey and M. Ward run back out and kick out this little jam.

I Put A Spell On You

• 2 weeks later...

That video of the Prodigy that YI posted was awesome, though the camera work made me feel like having a seizure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtqy4DTHGqg&feature=related

This has to the best performance of War Pigs ever. It sounds absolutely punishing, it's the kind of thing you see and wish you had been there live for. I wish I could say "Yeah, I was there in Paris in 1970 watching Black Sabbath at their absolute best".

The fucking Dead Boys. These guys are the reason I got so heavily into punk, they were absolutely one of the best ever. This is actually not a bad quality video considering a lot of the live quality of punk shows was shit due to lower budgets and playing in venues that weren't the greatest for sound. Fucking Dead Boys.

Edit - Oh and if you are grossed out easily, don't watch 1:22 of the Dead Boys video. Stiv Bators blows his nose into what looks like salami or baloney and then eats it.

Edited by VerbalPuke

I wish there was decent footage of when Matthew Good played an acoustic show around here - it was in an honest to goodness playhouse which had amazing, amazing acoustics and pretty much defined what an artist can sound like live to me. Even if it might as well have been called "watch one of your idols get drunk for three or so hours" because he was pretty trashed off wine at the end of it.

And yes, I am aware that anyone not named SDM, Kaney or Ollie stopped reading after I wrote "Matthew Good".

I kept reading, Apsham. I really did. He was fantastic at the Cunard Centre last year.