Football Manager 2011

Dan

First three games as Blackburn manager.

FA Cup 4th Rnd, 2-0 Accrington Stanley (Gamst Pederson & Hoillet)

Carling Cup Semi Final, 0-0 Manchester Utd.

Premier League, 3-2, Wolves (Gamst Pederson, Samba, Santa Cruz)

Whoever said Ivan Rakitic is a beast, couldn't agree more. Snapped him up on a free transfer as Man City in Summer 2011. Ended up outshining £20m Kaka most of the time. Sadly, when I left at the end of the 2013 season, they offloaded him for the ridiculously cheap price of £3.2m to Valencia. A shitty piece of business which was only topped by the £3m transfer of Gary Cahill to Sunderland, who for 3-seasons straight had been in the Premier League team of the year and had perfectly made the transition of bossing the defence in the 2012/2013 season with Kolo Toure being shipped off.

Took over Newcastle in mid-November 2013. They were 18th in the Championship. They'd yo-yo'd up and down the past few seasons. Played 33; won 19, drawn 12 and lost 2 (Arsenal at home in the FA Cup, a 2-3 nail biter and a 2-0 league defeat away to Southampton). Got up in the playoffs, beat Leicester, Kevin Nolan getting the winner. He can't play any longer than about 30-minutes without seemingly being on death's door, but I love him.

Team's a bit shit and old, but have no money to make any significant changes. So could definitely see us coming straight down. Getting Diego Cavalieri in from Freiburg on a free, because Fraser Forster's shit. Jonjo Shelvey in from Liverpool for £3m (which I had to beg the board for more money) and Daniel Sturridge (and £2.7m)) in from Swansea, in a trade for Danny Guthrie, who had been miserable and fucking shit in the Championship, bitching about moving to a bigger team, so I fucked him over 1) Refusing to accept any other offers for him, 2) Sending him to Wales, 3) Sending him from a newly promoted team to a team who've just been relegated back to the Championship. Fuck you Danny Guthrie, you're a cunt.

Edited by YI
  • Like 2

Decided to play with the editor. I attempted to expand the Irish league and I managed to edit NY Cosmos into a playable team. Much like my Vancouver game last year, I'm not allowed scouts for some reason. But since it's taken me most of two days to get things right, I decided screw it. I'll carry on.

Looks like I'm going to get Kezman as my DP.

Anyone using Paulo Henrique, set him up as a AMC, Trequarista. Beasting with him in Benfica

Meanwhile, started with Fulham. 12th place so far, in the middle of the season. I am going to need to spend in a goalkeeper next season

I'll give it a whirl.

In terms of match ratings he is a good player, but he just doesn't score enough goals. He's scored 4 in 60 starts for me. Maybe I just paid well over the odds for him.

I signed a youngster called Valpoort, he's 19 years old and had a decent scout report. 2 months later I'm getting offers from Real Madrid, AC Milan and Chelsea for him. So for those of you 4 or 5 seasons into the game it might be worth checking him out.

Anyone using Paulo Henrique, set him up as a AMC, Trequarista. Beasting with him in Benfica

Meanwhile, started with Fulham. 12th place so far, in the middle of the season. I am going to need to spend in a goalkeeper next season

I'll give it a whirl.

In terms of match ratings he is a good player, but he just doesn't score enough goals. He's scored 4 in 60 starts for me. Maybe I just paid well over the odds for him.

I signed a youngster called Valpoort, he's 19 years old and had a decent scout report. 2 months later I'm getting offers from Real Madrid, AC Milan and Chelsea for him. So for those of you 4 or 5 seasons into the game it might be worth checking him out.

Arsenio Valpoort. I've never seen him become anywhere near good in the game. He's one of those that has immense potential but starts off so shit he needs to play a shitload of matches to ever reach it.

I think it's a mix of both.

I started a new journeyman game, at the bottom of the pile. I'm with Braintree. I signed some 19-year old striker on free and he scored four goals in our five friendlies. First game of the season comes along and bam; broken leg, out six to eight months. I'm a feeder team for Chesterfield, and they sent a few players my way that easily are in my starting eleven. Even with my super striker out, we've won four and drawn two of our first six.

Journeyman games are so much fun. I was at Mansfield for 2010/2011 and had such an enjoyable season. We overachieved immensely, threatening to make a late challenge for the title, until a dramatic slump in form sent us out of the play offs all together and into a still respectable finish of 8th place. A consolation prize was the FA Trophy, which we won 3-2 over Fleetwood Town in a dramatic final. We were 2-1 down until the 87th minute until the amazing Jordan Cook popped up to equalize, and then Kyle Nix, in his last game for the club, gave us a winner late into the second half of extra time.

2011/2012 was altogether harder and we struggled for consistency, something we had in abundance the previous season. To demonstrate we won 4-1 away to Wrexham midway through the season, only to lose 3-0 at home to newly promoted Dover and 5-1 to a troubled Darlington. After that result I holidayed through until the end of the season, and got a job at Barry Town in the Welsh Premier League. The squad is tiny and I have no staff at all, but I'm enjoying building from scratch. This is infinitely more satisfying than my Inter Milan game where we just won everything.

Dragged Newcastle to 7th. No fucking idea how. Daniel Sturridge bagging 25-goals didn't hurt (he got pretty much more than the rest of my team put together).

Lost Jonas and LuaLua is injured for the season, so brought in a couple of top class strikers. Some young Brazilian called Fabao from Liverpool for £2m, and Boakye from Genoa for £9.5 to act as a target man, alongside Sturridge (who mostly played up front by himself the year before). Lost a bunch of the clubs staple players not being able to give them the money they wanted, but most were aging anyway.

12 league games in to the 2015/2016 season and Sturridge has 9-goals already (in 9 starts), Boakye has 6 (including a hat-trick against Birmingham), Fabao has 6 (although 3 in the cup) and Xisco's even cropped up with 4.

Midfield isn't doing too hot though. Shelvey in particular is under-performing. Into the quarter-finals of the League Cup. Beat Liverpool 2-1 at Anfield, and then followed it up by destroying Alan Shearer's Arsenal (lol) 3-1 at St James'. Man City totally raped me at the City Of Manchester though. Why did I have to make them so fucking good? :shifty: Still 2nd at the minute, but a couple of teams below have games in hand, and will go ahead of me. Plus, the "upper echelon" teams always tend to beat me (the recent Arsenal/Liverpool wins are the first I've basically gotten anything out of those sorts of games) so I'll probably swiftly drop down once I face sterner opposition.

My advisors are silly. "Drop Ramires for his poor form" - he hasn't been off the bench in three games! What poor form are you speaking of?

So I had him start the next game (against Villa), just to be contrary, and he scores twice.

I should just learn to do the opposite of everything my advisors say.

• Like 2

They base it on the average rating for the last five games, so if they're shite then you get told they're shite.

I generally double check anything they tell me to see if I should accept their advice, otherwise I just dismiss.