Football Manager 2011

Dan

Third season at Lyon ended with a second place finish, Champs league semi final and another french cup. I then resigned with the desire of returning to England. I miss Belfoldil and some others from the Lyon side.

Blackburn and Fulham chose not to hire me.. which was odd. Spurs however offered me the job. Wanna push for CL places this season before pushing for the league next year. The team's finances are shit. So hoping that's addressed in the off-season.

I want to manage Villa or England before I end this career.

I got a game up and running after a lot of pissing about trying to make it so only people from the region of UK and Ireland can play and be signed by premiership teams. In the end it was something really simple that I can't remember without going on the editor. Anyway, it's a blast. I released everyone ineligable to play from all the teams beforehand in the editor, and gave everyone a reasonable amount of money to cover their losses. Arsenal were given about 400 million, yet still managed to get relegated, while West Ham who were only given about 80 million were pushing for Europe and only missed out on the last day.

With Arsenal being relegated that opened the door to Theo Walcott, Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshire. I got Ramsey and Wilshire for something like 9 million for both of them, but Walcott ended up going to Man City. I paid 45 million for Gareth Bale too. Teams are really wanting absurd amounts of money. Bolton just signed Leigh Griffiths from Wolves for about 11 million, and the likes of Danny Ward and Nile Ranger have been moving clubs for about 20 million each. Ridiculous.

My team at the minute looks like this.

GK - Allan McGregor (Rangers - 6m)

DR - John O'Shea

DC - Rio Ferdinand

DC - Liam Ridgewell (Birmingham - 10m)

DL - Gareth Bale (Tottenham - 45m)

MR - Charles N'Zogbia (second nationality English) (Free Transfer)

MC - Darren Fletcher

MC - Paul Scholes

ML - Ryan Giggs

ST - Wayne Rooney

ST - Michael Owen

So it's not all that different, but my subs/reserves consist of:

GK (plenty of potential here for backup until I find a good replacement for McGregor)

Kieren Westwood - Coventry - 2.5m)

Ben Amos

Jack Butland (Birmingham - 1.6m)

DF (really lacking in defence, can't sign Phil Jones, and the money wanted for Dawson and others is too much to pay out for now. I did have Emmerson Boyce who I got on a free at the start, but I sold him in January to Sunderland for 2m)

Wes Brown

Jonny Evans

Chris Smalling

Tommy Breen (regen from Newcastle - 3.8m)

MF (Too many players in the centre of midfield, and quite a few too many wingers too, looking to sell Cleverly, Drinkwater, Brady and Ajose)

Michael Carrick

Craig Culshaw (regen winger)

Darron Gibson

Matt James

Tom Cairney (Hull 3.3m)

Paul Anderson (Nottm Forest 2.3m)

Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal (3.3m)

Tom Cleverly

Ravel Morrison

Jack Wilshire (Arsenal (6.25m)

Alex Chamberlain (Southampton (2.8m)

Robbie Brady

Danny Drinkwater

Nick Ajose

Jordan Obita (Reading 2.8m)

ST (Welbeck was the fourth top scorer in the league for Sunderland last season and won constant monthly awards, so it's good to have him back. Will Keane has to go because he's shite, Earnshaw was a desperation buy, despite the fact he's a quality player, because I only had Keane as cover for Owen and Rooney)

Rob Earnshaw (Nottm Forest - 1.5m)

Danny Welbeck

Connor Wickham (Ipswich 3.8m)

Will Keane

I got a game up and running after a lot of pissing about trying to make it so only people from the region of UK and Ireland can play and be signed by premiership teams. In the end it was something really simple that I can't remember without going on the editor.

If ya do remember/find out, I'd love to know. Sounds like a blast.

I got a game up and running after a lot of pissing about trying to make it so only people from the region of UK and Ireland can play and be signed by premiership teams. In the end it was something really simple that I can't remember without going on the editor.

I think this might work...

Editor > Match day rules (or similar) > Squad size = 25 > Minimum UK/Ire based players = 25.

Key word there is MIGHT.

I think this might work...

Editor > Match day rules (or similar) > Squad size = 25 > Minimum UK/Ire based players = 25.

Key word there is MIGHT.

Yeah that's what I assumed you'd done, can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

Squad Rules -> Maximum of foreign players in squad = 0

It's a bit shabby tbh because you have to create the whole league system again, and I haven't got a clue how to do the Playoffs for the Championship and below because I get errors that don't make sense when I set them up, so I just have the top 3 (4 in league 2) going up.

There's a few other little things that I don't know about like what teams are eligable for the FA cup and all that bollocks since it has to be redone to coincide with the new nation rules.

Edit: You should also edit England too in the nations section to put that UK and Ireland are nations not treated as foreign.I think I fiddled with England's transfer preferences too, but not sure if that has an affect.

Edited by Fudge

http://www.mediafire...6xl5y1nevx1uncd

Divisions: Premiership, Championship, League 1, League 2, Blue Square Premier

Cups: FA Cup, Carling Cup, Community Shield

The playoffs should now be fully working in their leagues they should be in, the FA and Carling Cup provide Euro qualification and there is a Reserve and Youth teams now aswell with leagues and cups. There's no Johnstone's Paint Trophy or whatever it is these days, or any other random cups.

Basically everything should run like normal, or as close as I got it so far. Oh, the money may be a little farfetched.

Gonna get to work on doing the Championship and lower to get rid of their foreigners, then Spain and Italy, then expand it until I have a fair few then merge all the databases together so it'll be a world of home-grown talent playing for their clubs.

Edited by Fudge
  • Like 1

My "oh well it'll be alright" approach to my defence has been left exposed by a 6-8 week injury to Ciaran Clark, putting him out for a number of vital fixtures including the Champions League knockout round tie against Dynamo Kyiv. My reserve centre-backs from whom I have to choose a new partner for Gary Cahill consist of Lynch, Gorkss and Chambers - three players who are closer to Championship than Champions League in their abilities. Okay, Lynch has a real knack for scoring from corners at the near post, but gets turned ridiculously easily by any forward who runs at him so isn't so great defensively. Josh McEachran's long-term injury means I'd rather not have to spare Stanojevic from the midfield ranks either.

Luckily there are still 10 days left of January so a-shopping I will go. My main limitation is an unwillingness to spend more than about £60kpw in wages (even though I'm £200kpw below my budget), which steers me away from the 'best' options like Phil Jones or Vincent Kompany. And so I come to one Chris Smalling - still of Manchester United but also still of 'squad rotation' standing so they're not completely attached to him. Apparently he should take about £55kpw as well, which would be nice of him. I was in the midst of bid/counter-bid when I left the game last night, having offered £6m to start with, United asked for £12.25m. I offered £7m, they asked for £10.25m. I just offered £8m, but hope to get him for £9m at most.

I seem to be ending up with a remarkably British (and Irish) squad very much by chance rather than design. Don't think this has ever happened in any other game I've ever played. :shifty:

My "oh well it'll be alright" approach to my defence has been left exposed by a 6-8 week injury to Ciaran Clark, putting him out for a number of vital fixtures including the Champions League knockout round tie against Dynamo Kyiv. My reserve centre-backs from whom I have to choose a new partner for Gary Cahill consist of Lynch, Gorkss and Chambers - three players who are closer to Championship than Champions League in their abilities. Okay, Lynch has a real knack for scoring from corners at the near post, but gets turned ridiculously easily by any forward who runs at him so isn't so great defensively. Josh McEachran's long-term injury means I'd rather not have to spare Stanojevic from the midfield ranks either.

Luckily there are still 10 days left of January so a-shopping I will go. My main limitation is an unwillingness to spend more than about £60kpw in wages (even though I'm £200kpw below my budget), which steers me away from the 'best' options like Phil Jones or Vincent Kompany. And so I come to one Chris Smalling - still of Manchester United but also still of 'squad rotation' standing so they're not completely attached to him. Apparently he should take about £55kpw as well, which would be nice of him. I was in the midst of bid/counter-bid when I left the game last night, having offered £6m to start with, United asked for £12.25m. I offered £7m, they asked for £10.25m. I just offered £8m, but hope to get him for £9m at most.

I seem to be ending up with a remarkably British (and Irish) squad very much by chance rather than design. Don't think this has ever happened in any other game I've ever played. :shifty:

Michael Duberry played in a winning side in second round game against AC Milan and he wasn't even Championship standard :shifty:

Just started a game with twelve nations loaded, with the ultimate goal of winning the Champions League 13 times with 13 different teams, all representing their nations capital.

Netherlands - Ajax

Greece - Panathinaikos

Germany - Hertha Berlin

Scotland - Rangers

Denmark - FC Kobenhavn

Ukraine - Dynamo Kyiv

Portugal - Benfica

England - Tottenham

Spain - Atl. Madrid

Monaco - Monaco

Russia - CSKA Moscow

France - Paris SG