Football Manager 2011

Dan

Tried again to get the pic packs to work, but no success. It's driving me fucking insane. I just want to see Leigh Griffith's face smiling back at me every time I praise him for scoring a zillion goals :(

The pics definately in users/sports interactive/football manager 11/graphics/faces

You need to untick 'use skin cache' and tick 'reload on confirm'.

Then when it's done loading, go back and tick 'skin cache' and untick 'reload'.

It's the second part they never seem to tell you about.

So apparently the list of top-class right-backs in my game is a short one. Fabio and Rafael, both still of Man United, stick out like a pair of sore thumbs as being infinitely better than just about everyone else in the game. Unfortunately United won't sell either of them for less than £40m and they'll certainly request a salary of £100kpw anyway.

Well...SCREW ALL OF YOU! I don't need your right-backs! Nathaniel Clyne has all the unremarkable averageness that I need! :angry:

I got Sime Vrsaljko for Forest in the second season when he was only about 19 I think for pretty cheap. He turns into a quality player and can play as a full back on either side, a right midfielder or a defensive midfielder (best at RB/RWB).

Oh and his wages are dirt cheap.

Edited by Fudge

So apparently the list of top-class right-backs in my game is a short one. Fabio and Rafael, both still of Man United, stick out like a pair of sore thumbs as being infinitely better than just about everyone else in the game. Unfortunately United won't sell either of them for less than £40m and they'll certainly request a salary of £100kpw anyway.

Well...SCREW ALL OF YOU! I don't need your right-backs! Nathaniel Clyne has all the unremarkable averageness that I need! :angry:

I got Sime Vrsaljko for Forest in the second season when he was only about 19 I think for pretty cheap. He turns into a quality player and can play as a full back on either side, a right midfielder or a defensive midfielder (best at RB/RWB).

Haha, just looked him up. Turns out Chelsea bought him for £15m back in 2012 and he now gets £60kpw. :P

Currently having a go at chasing Danny da Costa (Leverkusen). He's supposedly about as good as Nathaniel Clyne but is only 23 and has potential to get better...plus he's a DRC, so I figure he can replace Luke Chambers (also DRC) in my squad.

I'm nearing the end of February 2014 in what has to be up there with my most successful games ever on either Football Manager or Championship Manager.

Playing as AFC Wimbledon and in the first season I finished 2nd in the Conference to earn promotion via the Play-Offs. Second season saw me struggle my way to finish in the third automatic promotion place in League Two. Third season, now in League One was more difficult but I managed to finish 5th and eventually won the Play-Off final against Sheffield Wednesday to get promoted to the Championship!!

As an indication of how much of a struggle things have been I have spent a grand total of £40k in nearly four years in charge and every penny of that was in my first season before I realised how shit my stadium was. Kingsmeadow holds less that 5,000 with a quarter of it seated. Luckily over the years I have gained £2.5m from player sales and have decided that, unless absolutely necessary I won't pay for anybody (other than the obvious signing on fees and agent fees) because I'm trying to stockpile as much cash as possible to convince the board to build a new stadium. Just recently I convinced them to do just that and now they are in the planning stage so fingers crossed it will all happen.

My back-to-back promotions have been helped by one of my several constants; Phil Younghusband. He has turned out to be an absolute beast for me, breaking the clubs goal scoring record (101 league goals in 146 games) and currently 5 appearances off of breaking that as well. He, Jacob Walcott, Simon Greatwich and Jeremy Helan have been with me since the Conference days in one form or the other.

My "no spending" rule has turned up some amazing signings. This season I managed to get Boaz Myhill, Scott Sinclair, Adel Taarabt and Jermaine Pennant for nothing! The first three had all been released while Pennant was listed for sale at £0.

Currently sitting 13th in the Championship on 45 points after 33 games. A good run of form (which looks unlikely) could take me into the Play-Offs as I'm only 6 points behind 6th placed Hull.

Haha, just looked him up. Turns out Chelsea bought him for £15m back in 2012 and he now gets £60kpw. :P

Currently having a go at chasing Danny da Costa (Leverkusen). He's supposedly about as good as Nathaniel Clyne but is only 23 and has potential to get better...plus he's a DRC, so I figure he can replace Luke Chambers (also DRC) in my squad.

What year are you in?

These are the right backs that I had shortlisted on my Forest game when I was looking for one. They all turn out/already are pretty good. Dunno if they'd cater your needs though because I played with full backs pushing forward a lot.

Diego Renan

Davide Santon

Serge Aurier

Gaston Diaz

Dennis Appiah

Guiseppe Bellusci

Cesar Azpilicueta

Danny Da Costa turns out good usually, but didn't work well as an attacking fullback. Might be different for you though.

Edited by Fudge

What year are you in?

Just about to embark on the 2016-17 season. I went through and signed da Costa (£11.75m) - and you're right, his attacking ability is absolute tosh, but we'll see how it goes. :shifty:

DannydaCosta.jpg

In all my years of playing CM and FM I've never seen anything as ridiculous as the way I just got fucked over for my first loss of the season.

Started a game with Arsenal with the sole object to mimic Barcelona's style and eventually take their place as the world's best. Working perfectly up until this game winning all but an away draw to Blackpool. Van Persie puts me ahead after 2 minutes before Benayoun equalises and subsequently Ivanovic puts them in the lead. I then proceed to put them under the kosh until the referee awards them THREE penalties in 60 seconds. Lampard misses the first 2 before Ashley Cole scores the 3rd. HOW THE FUCK IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE!!? :angry:

penalties.jpg

report1s.jpg

the referee awards them THREE penalties in 60 seconds. Lampard misses the first 2 before Ashley Cole scores the 3rd. HOW THE FUCK IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE!!? :angry:

Like this (see 1:10).

http://fotbal.sport.cz/clanek/161469-video-lampard-dal-tri-penalty-platil-ale-jen-jeden-gol.html

That's the same penalty. They were awarded 3 seperate penalties for 3 seperate fouls within a minute, it's insane! To add insult to injury, Van Persie and Arshavin both came back crocked from international duty, RVP for 3 months then Nasri does his knee ligaments in the next game. :(

I thought I sorted it out by bringing in Mongongu, who always is a beast would change that. :(

Also Danny da Costa is the least German sounding name and German looking person ever, he's got crazy hair too!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH without any help from SI and then their forums subsequently getting hacked, I have managed to fix my crash dump problem all by myself for FM2011.

Tried so hard to get a game going on FM2010 but I didn't wanna play 2010 I wanted to play 11 haha.

Any ideas who I should go?