EWR 2010 Stats Update: August

Wreslticious is somewhat national so I would make TakeDown a show on a national channel. To me, it is much like WWF Superstars of Wrestling, Superstars, Wrestling Challenge, The Challenge, Shotgun Saturday Night, Shotgun, New York, Jacked, Metal, Bottom Line and Afterburn, it is syndicated nationally through out the United States and Canada. Back in the day, those shows would be.

I think iTunes should be an online network because it is used for promotions like CHIKARA who do their Podcast-a-Go-Go which shows 3/4 minutes of matches from a few months back.

I am not sure what exactly LLUSA is looking to do for their tv show as no press release has been issued and MTV Netowrks still holds the contract.

I agree that Wrestlicious is pretty much like the older WWF shows used to be, being old enough to rememebr actually watching them. The two networks ingame as of now that Wrestliciosu airs on are America One and The Fight Network. For the moment, I have TakeDown on Fight Network, because the potential audiences seem more realistic for TakeDown there than they do on America One. As of now, there is no "National Network," only Local and Regional. Perhaps adding a "National Network" would be an idea. Another idea would be to check out the data from a scenario set in the 80's or 90's and see how the "Superstars of Wrestling" and "Challenge" shows are set up in those, then incorporate it into this data.

A lot of promotions now have their shows online. OVW is a perfect example. They're currently set to the "Regional Network," but how many stations actually broadcast OVW's show? I'd venture to say most people who see their show see it online, like I stated with Wrestlicious. We could add a generic "National Network" and some "Online" networks as well... Doesn't have to be one or the other. I do think, regardless, that to "keep up with the times" and make the updates as real as possible, we have to do something regarding the networks. Hell, some promotions probably have content on phones now... :)

Like I said, if we can come up with a rough outline within the next day or so, I can put it into the September update, people can give feedback on how it works and we can go from there. If we do multiple online networks, perhaps we should do one that would be a "TV-G" one that's a "TV-PG" and so on, adjusting the risk and audience for each, of course.

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996

If we need anymore promotions for the update, I would nominate Showtime All-Star Wrestling. They have a TV deal here in Tennessee and have some names like Kid Kash and Chase Stevens. Derrick King wrestles there and he is already in the data, so there might be others in the data already too. They don't have a website anymore but they have a MySpace.

http://www.myspace.com/sawshowtime

Edited by TheMashUpSavior

I think the best solution to the "online network" is what Bill himself suggested. Many different networks (some branded) to allow all the possibilities. This would mean having to do a lot of research into video networks to see what is and isn't possible to give risk/viewer ideas.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

ISW and Player Uno's Twitters are saying that JC Bailey has died

Sadly, it is true.

J.C. Bailey (real name Joseph Carl Bailey, Jr.) was found dead this morning. He was only 26 years old. I don't have any additional details at this time.

Bailey, the namesake and son of promoter Joe Bailey, had been wrestling since 2001 and was originally trained by Ian Rotten, Chris Hero and Tracy Smothers. He worked for a number of promotions, specializing in Death Matches and utilizing a high flying style with a lot of crazy spots, most notable Rotten's IWA Mid-South and Combat Zone Wrestling.

Bailey was CZW's first Ultraviolent Underground champion and had won IWA Mid-South's King of the Death Match tournament. He also held the CZW Tag Team belts with the last Chris Cash. He had been involved in a number of major IWA angles including the promotion's original invasion of CZW several years back, which was an incredibly heated angle.

Bailey had returned to wrestling at the end of 2009, making a surprise return to CZW just days after being released from jail, where he served a multi-year sentence for a TV theft. This past June, he had won the aforementioned IWA Mid-South Death Match tournament and had just also competed in CZW's Tournament of Death, losing to Scotty Vortekz in the finals.

On behalf of everyone associated with PWInsider.com, our deepest condolences to Bailey's friends, family and fans.

credit to PWInsider.com

A new story blowing up, indy wrestler and well-known hardcore wrestler JC Bailey has been found dead. JC Bailey was only 26 years old. There aren't any details saying the cause but I'll update as I find out I just hope it wasn't drugs. Another tragic case of a wrestler dying young.

JC was mainly a deathmatch competitor in CZW and IWA. I literally watched a match between him and Necro Butcher 5 minutes before I found the news. If this death is drug related it'll just be more proof about how terrible the industry is backstage. JC won CZW's first Ultraviolent Underground Championship defeating the Necro Butcher. My prayers go out to friends and family. On behalf of JC Bailey I'll be posting a few match clips.

credit to the Bleacher report

Other news:

It appears WWE has signed British wrestler Martin Stone to a developmental deal.

There's been some talk towards signing AAA star Alex Kozlov, who appeared on Smackdown this past Friday, putting over Alberto Del Rio under the name "Carlos Sanchez."

Add Martin Stone to WWE. Credit once again to PWInsider.com.

I have not seen a live report yet, but judging from the photos on Facebook, the matches appear to have been:

MW (SAT) 08/28 Bojangles Coliseum, Charlotte, NC

1) ?a replacement Tigresa Cailente? & Chi Chi vs Azteko & Mini Park

2) Medianoche, Novillerito, Pequeño Halloween vs Mascarita Dorada, Octagoncito, Petey Williams

3) Súper Nova vs Rellik

4) Lizmark Jr. vs Charly Manson [MW HEAVY, semifinal]

5) PR Flyer, Reid Flair, San Juan Kid b Neutronic, Oriental, Tinieblas Jr.

6) Marco Corleone vs RJ Brewer [MW HEAVY, semifinal]

The 5th match is the only one with a clear picture of who won. I’m presuming those singles matches were actually the tournament matches, since that’s the brackets, but they could not be or they could just be redone during Season 2. It looks likes the Mini Park/Azteko (Rocky Romero, previously listed as Tornado Azteca) team are dancing victorious after a win.

Credit to Luchablog.

Add Azteko as an alter ego for Rocky Romero.

Add a tag team for Mini Park and Azteko with 1 experience.

I know who Novillerito is, he was a lower end wrestler in AAA's Mini division during the 2000's and according to his luchawiki, he is the brother of Mascarita Sagrada and Misteriosito as well as portrayed one of the various Mascarita Sagradas in AAA as Mascarita Sagrada Jr. (II).

It appears WWE has signed British wrestler Martin Stone to a developmental deal.

I’d be careful in regards to this, mainly because right now the FWA (the company Martin Stone is working for and is their champ) have been running a storyline where they have been saying that Martin Stone has signed a contract with WWE he and many other British wrestlers are using the British industry to get over in America to sign with WWE.

Its not to put down the report its just been hyped as part of a storyline in the FWA for the past few months so it might be a report of the storyline rather than him turning up in WWE, maybe wait till he actually turns up in FCW before putting him in WWE.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

I’d be careful in regards to this, mainly because right now the FWA (the company Martin Stone is working for and is their champ) have been running a storyline where they have been saying that Martin Stone has signed a contract with WWE he and many other British wrestlers are using the British industry to get over in America to sign with WWE.

Its not to put down the report its just been hyped as part of a storyline in the FWA for the past few months so it might be a report of the storyline rather than him turning up in WWE, maybe wait till he actually turns up in FCW before putting him in WWE.

Fair enough, I tried double sourceing and there is another but being that is his angle (as you said), who knows.

Pequeno Ninja should have some changes. He should have Kenbai as his name as that is the gimmick he is using in Japan now and he should have Skayde, Negro Navarro and Satanico as loyalties as Navarro has been helping out Dragon with Toryumon Mexico the past few years and Satanico helped train him during his time in CMLL as Satanico is a major trainer for CMLL along with Jose Luis Feliciano. His luchawiki entry also lists Mazada(on luchawiki as Masada not to be confused with the Masada from the TWA) but I am not sure how extensive the training was so I'd put that as a friendship as if it was a training seminar until I get further information.

I think the best solution to the "online network" is what Bill himself suggested. Many different networks (some branded) to allow all the possibilities. This would mean having to do a lot of research into video networks to see what is and isn't possible to give risk/viewer ideas.

Might not be as much work as you might think...

For Example, I think that if we put ESPN3 in as an Online network, the risks would be the same as they are for ESPN and ESPN2, and you just lower the potential audience, maybe the production values a bit too. The "branded" online networks, you just find something close (or that is affiliated with) an exosting station, drop the audience and maybe prod values a bit and it should suffice. Generic ones would be just that... Generic, so they would have generic numbers.

I've jotted some ideas down and have already added a "National Syndication" as a network, so there will be some new networks added by the release time tomorrow. The trick is going to be getting people to test them for accuracy. They'd have to be objective and not say something needs changed just because it something doesn't work 100% to their liking.

For the record, I did go back and check a couple older scenarios to see what they did with "Superstars" and "Challenge" back in the early 90's... Short answer is, not much. I believe one was on Fox, the other on USA, which might have been accurate for the person who made the data, but, where I live, both shows were shown on our CBS network. That was what promped me to create the "National Syndication" network... It's generic and is where Wrestlicious' show now is.

EDIT: Off Topic: Anyone know why Carlos Colon and Ray Gonzalez have a "Hate" relationship? I was changing "Rey" to "Ray" and noticed this... Colon owns (or is part owner) of WWC, where Ray has been champ 14 times and still works there. If these two hated each other, I'd think they would not be working together... For the moment, I have deleted the relationship entirely, at least until we can get some clarification

-Bill

Edited by Bill1996