EWR 2010 Stats Update: August

Just passing on some info that might be useful here.

It was brought up in the TEW update section that there is a new NWA promotion in town, now looking at where its located, the roster and the titles that seem to be active there I’d suggest converting NWA Pro Wrestling into NWA Hollywood. They both are based in the same area and with the exception of the women’s title they have roughly the same titles plus since NWA Hollywood seems to have a TV deal now it would also make them a logical promotion to add into the game.

Also looking at the website (located here) I’m sure at least 80-90% of the roster is already in the game, those who are not are mostly up and coming Californian workers.

NWA PW was completely removed and I'd wait until this new NWA Hollywood are around for several shows. Sorry for being skeptic but how many promotions have fizzled out in the matter of months? To be fair, both Wrestlicious and LL USA had ran shows before they were in the game, albeit tv tapings.

Well NWA Hollywood/Championship Wrestling from Hollywood isnt set to make their first tapings until some time in September so its more hype now than anything, plus looking at the set up this seems to bw NWA Pro's TV show of sorts

Trainer Notes:

RAW:

Switch the relationship of Daniel Bryan and Masato Tanaka to loyalty

Add a loyalty relationship between David Otunga and Norman Smiley

Add a loyalty relationship between Justin Gabriel and Alex Shane

Add a loyalty relationship between Justin Gabriel and Mark Sloan

Add a loyalty relationship between R-Truth and Chris Hamrick

Add a loyalty relationship between R-Truth and George South

Add a loyalty relationship between Yoshi Tatsu and Yuji Nagata (tick trainer for Yuji Nagata)

Switch the relationship between Gail Kim and Finlay to loyalty

Switch the relationship between Jillian and Finlay to loyalty

Add a loyalty relationship between Maryse and Al Snow

Add a loyalty relationship between Maryse and Finlay

Add a loyalty relationship between Melina and Finlay

SD:

Add a loyalty relationship between Big Show and Jim Duggan (tick trainer for Jim Duggan)

Add a loyalty relationship between Big Show and Glen Ruth

Switch the relationship between Caylen Croft and U-Gene to loyalty

Add a loyalty relationship between CM Punk and Dave Taylor

Add a loyalty relationship between CM Punk and William Regal

Add a loyalty relationship between CM Punk and Finley

Add a loyalty relationship between Cody Rhodes and Glacier

Add a loyalty relationship between Cody Rhodes and Sally Boy

Add a loyalty relationship between Kane and Jeff Bradley

Add a loyalty relationship between Beth Phoenix and Joey Knight

Switch the relationship between Serena and Al Snow to loyalty

NXT/Misc:

Add a loyalty relationship between Michael McGillicutty and Brock Lesnar (tick trainer for Brock Lesnar)

Add a loyalty relationship between Drake Brewer and Jerry Lynn

Add a loyalty relationship between Drake Brewer and Scott D'Amore

Add a loyalty relationship between Drake Brewer and Kaz Hayashi

Add a friendship relationship between AJ Lee and Azrieal

Add a friendship relationship between AJ Lee and Mo Sexton

Add a loyalty relationship between Jay Bradley and Danny Dominion

Here's the problem with some of these...

If I recall correctly (haven't played EWR in a while) if you try to release someone in the game and they have a loyalty relationship with someone else in the promotion, the other person threatens to leave as well if you release the other. For example:

So, if you tried to release Finlay, Maryse would leave as well if you did so and vice versa. In real life, if WWE released Finlay, would Maryse threaten to quit over it? Personally, I doubt it. Same thing the other way, If Maryse was released, would Finaly leave? Again, I doubt it. I know in most cases, Trainer/Student relationships are reflected by Loyalty relationships, but I do think we need to look over the loyalties (including the ones already in the game) and adjust for what will make the gameplay more realistic. I think, in this instance, Maryse or Finlay might be a bit upset over the other being released, but wouldn't quit themselves. To me, that would equate to a friendship in game.

Couple of notes:

Ted Dixon was removed from the data as he is a duplicate of Big Daddy Hoofer.

Other possibilities of workers being removed:

Christine LeMaster: Unless we can find something stating that she has actually worked at a wrestling event, as opposed to just deciding not to sign with WWE, she'll liley be removed.

Apolo Dantes: He last worked in 2006. Following his dismissal from Arena Coliseo Dantés formed his own wrestling school and promotion called "Dantés' Wrestling Factory." Enough to remove him from the workers section and add to staff? I would think he'd be a Owner/Road Agent/Trainer? Right now, we need Road Agents the worst of the three. Anyone with more info, please voice your opinions.

Brazo de Oro: On CMLL Booking team, luchawiki has him listed as a “former CMLL wrestler and “current CMLL staff.” Luchawiki says he plans to retire on October 5th, but didn't say what year... Is he still active, or should we look to move him to the staff section? If staff, what position? Again, Road Agent sounds the most accurate.

Christopher Nowinski: He's in the staff section under production, but a lot of websites I have read regard him as a "concussion expert," due to his extensive research on the subject. This might be a bit of a stretch, but could we possibly move him to Medical because of this? I'm not saying he's a doctor, but he does seeem to have credibility as a medical expert, at least in the concussion field and, to be honest, we need medics the worst of all staff members and they look like they are gonna be tough to come up with. Just a thought.

Any opinions on any of this are welcome. Probably post some more infor and news and notes within the next day or so.

-Bill

Actually Bill, the "threatening to quit" deal with Loyalty relationships only occurs if the workers in question are under open contracts. If they're under written contracts then you'll just get the standard "I'm very unhappy with the way you treated *so-and-so*" message.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Trainer Notes:

RAW:

Switch the relationship of Daniel Bryan and Masato Tanaka to loyalty

Add a loyalty relationship between David Otunga and Norman Smiley

Add a loyalty relationship between Justin Gabriel and Alex Shane

Add a loyalty relationship between Justin Gabriel and Mark Sloan

Add a loyalty relationship between R-Truth and Chris Hamrick

Add a loyalty relationship between R-Truth and George South

Add a loyalty relationship between Yoshi Tatsu and Yuji Nagata (tick trainer for Yuji Nagata)

Switch the relationship between Gail Kim and Finlay to loyalty

Switch the relationship between Jillian and Finlay to loyalty

Add a loyalty relationship between Maryse and Al Snow

Add a loyalty relationship between Melina and Finlay

SD:

Add a loyalty relationship between Big Show and Jim Duggan (tick trainer for Jim Duggan)

Add a loyalty relationship between Big Show and Glen Ruth

Switch the relationship between Caylen Croft and U-Gene to loyalty

Add a loyalty relationship between CM Punk and Dave Taylor

Add a loyalty relationship between CM Punk and William Regal

Add a loyalty relationship between CM Punk and Finley

Add a loyalty relationship between Cody Rhodes and Glacier

Add a loyalty relationship between Cody Rhodes and Sally Boy

Add a loyalty relationship between Kane and Jeff Bradley

Add a loyalty relationship between Beth Phoenix and Joey Knight

Switch the relationship between Serena and Al Snow to loyalty

NXT/Misc:

Add a loyalty relationship between Michael McGillicutty and Brock Lesnar (tick trainer for Brock Lesnar)

Add a loyalty relationship between Drake Brewer and Jerry Lynn

Add a loyalty relationship between Drake Brewer and Scott D'Amore

Add a loyalty relationship between Drake Brewer and Kaz Hayashi

Add a friendship relationship between AJ Lee and Azrieal

Add a friendship relationship between AJ Lee and Mo Sexton

Add a loyalty relationship between Jay Bradley and Danny Dominion

Here's the problem with some of these...

If I recall correctly (haven't played EWR in a while) if you try to release someone in the game and they have a loyalty relationship with someone else in the promotion, the other person threatens to leave as well if you release the other. For example:

So, if you tried to release Finlay, Maryse would leave as well if you did so and vice versa. In real life, if WWE released Finlay, would Maryse threaten to quit over it? Personally, I doubt it. Same thing the other way, If Maryse was released, would Finaly leave? Again, I doubt it. I know in most cases, Trainer/Student relationships are reflected by Loyalty relationships, but I do think we need to look over the loyalties (including the ones already in the game) and adjust for what will make the gameplay more realistic. I think, in this instance, Maryse or Finlay might be a bit upset over the other being released, but wouldn't quit themselves. To me, that would equate to a friendship in game.

Couple of notes:

Ted Dixon was removed from the data as he is a duplicate of Big Daddy Hoofer.

Other possibilities of workers being removed:

Christine LeMaster: Unless we can find something stating that she has actually worked at a wrestling event, as opposed to just deciding not to sign with WWE, she'll liley be removed.

Apolo Dantes: He last worked in 2006. Following his dismissal from Arena Coliseo Dantés formed his own wrestling school and promotion called "Dantés' Wrestling Factory." Enough to remove him from the workers section and add to staff? I would think he'd be a Owner/Road Agent/Trainer? Right now, we need Road Agents the worst of the three. Anyone with more info, please voice your opinions.

Brazo de Oro: On CMLL Booking team, luchawiki has him listed as a “former CMLL wrestler and “current CMLL staff.” Luchawiki says he plans to retire on October 5th, but didn't say what year... Is he still active, or should we look to move him to the staff section? If staff, what position? Again, Road Agent sounds the most accurate.

Christopher Nowinski: He's in the staff section under production, but a lot of websites I have read regard him as a "concussion expert," due to his extensive research on the subject. This might be a bit of a stretch, but could we possibly move him to Medical because of this? I'm not saying he's a doctor, but he does seeem to have credibility as a medical expert, at least in the concussion field and, to be honest, we need medics the worst of all staff members and they look like they are gonna be tough to come up with. Just a thought.

Any opinions on any of this are welcome. Probably post some more infor and news and notes within the next day or so.

-Bill

One of the more interesting relationships is Joey Knight and Beth Phoenix. I remember the stir that happened say last year when the rumor that Cody and Beth were dating and Joey and Beth were "married" and the later was proven false.

The problem with some trainer/trainee deals is that at least in CHIKARA most if not all the trainees are loyal to Quacks while others who trained or were trained would not care. I doubt that Dave Taylor would care that say Chris Hero and Claudio Castagnoli were hired then fired as much as you'd think because he had them at a training camp. It's a touchy situation. Plus in companies with written contracts, the loyalties are just make one very mad that you fired other.

I guess in short, if wrestler A said they went to wrestler B's training seminar then I don't think that is worth a loyalty however if it is like Youth Suicide who was trained by Supreme or most CHIKARA guys with Mike Quackenbush, then yes it should be a loyalty.

Apolo Dantes would be a writer, he runs Dantes Lucha Factory in Mexico and previously booked the CMLL Arena Coliseo Guadalajara shows.

Brazo de Oro should be retired and put into staff as writer for CMLL. I can't recall the last time he wrestled.

Nowinski would be more of a road agent than a medical staffer. He suggests not to take head bumps. And on top of that he is not actually a doctor, he is the spokesman of the Sports Legacy group. Also after hearing the comments he made about WWE I think 5 point backstage drop is in order. The guy ripped them for not giving Lance Cade help when in-reality they sent him to rehab on THEIR dime when he came back to WWE last year and asked to go.

In a relationship that SHOULD have a loyalty, do make a relationship between Amber Gertner and Brooke Lynn. In the latest Untitled Allison Danger show, Gertner said that they were like sisters. Allison also should have a friendship with Brooke Lynn.

In the funniest story of the WWE tryouts that involved Rain, The Blossom Twins, Lexie Fyfe and Josie because they were photographed with Sexi Star, I would add friendships for all of them with each other. This was the infamous twitter photo on the beach during Lexie Fyfe's training seminar that happened before the WWE tryout with Sexi Star, Toni The Top and a few more divas and wrestlers that I didn't hear the exact details of.

The new friendships would be:

Hannah Blossom & Josie (borderline loyalty as Josie is helping the Blossoms train in OVW)

Hannah Blossom & Lexie Fyfe

Hannah Blossom & Rain

Hannah Blossom & Sexi Star

Holly Blossom & Josie (borderline loyalty as Josie is helping the Blossoms train in OVW)

Holly Blossom & Lexie Fyfe

Holly Blossom & Rain

Holly Blossom & Sexi Star

Josie & Lexie Fyfe

Josie & Rain

Josie & Sexi Star

Lexie Fyfe & Rain

Lexie Fyfe & Sexi Star

Edited by The Phenomenal Red

By PWInsider:

World Wrestling Entertainment has re-signed Vic Adams to a developmental contract, a wrestler released last August. Florida Championship Wrestling officials have discussed pairing Adams with Xavier Woods (a/k/a Consequences Creed) in a tag team. It has also been confirmed that WWE re-signed Brian Cage (a/k/a Kris Logan) to a developmental contract. The California based grappler was originally signed by the organization in June 2008, and then released last September.

Ring of Honor is excited to announce that we have come to terms with Jay & Mark Briscoe and the duo have re-signed contracts with ROH Wrestling.

In addition, ROH is also happy to announce that we have signed both Adam Cole and Mike Bennett to contracts as well. Adam Cole, a 21 year old graduate of the CZW Wrestling Academy, has been wrestling for two and half years, and has made quite an impact with his high-flying skills and solid technical base. Mike Bennett has competed for ROH on several occasions in the past, including bouts with Rhett Titus, Jason Blade, and most recently this past weekend at the "ROH on HDNet" TV Tapings where Cole also competed. ROH officials look forward to seeing what these two up and coming athletes have to offer in the future.

I don't know how that would work really for the Briscoes, as I don't think it's an exclusive (ie: written for the game) contract, just gives ROH preferences for dates, but just in case.

Add Adam Cole to ROH. I don't think Bennett is in the game.

Add Derrick Dempsey to ROH, developmental deal (He's back in PWR) and rename him Derek Dempsey.

Add Reggie to ROH, developmental deal and change her name to Courtney Prezleigh, which is currently one of her alter egos.

Add Mia Yim to ROH, developmental deal.

Edited by notatardis

Actually, you said the game should start on 1 August, but my game starts on 1 September. Did i do anything Wrong?

Thx for the Update, bro(Y)

That was for the initial release, which was late July

Now that we are in fact in August, you will have to set your computers clock/calender to July so that it will start onAugust 01.

The game will always start on the 1st of the next month.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Can I ask Is why Kevin Steen a Lightweight, and Heath Slater a Heavyweight? Kevin Steen weighs 289 pounds, Slater only weighs 232 I believe. I think the weigh classes of some workers should be reviewed.

it is 220/225. Steen was lighter into his knee injury but since he has gained weight like no tomorrow.

Ring of Honor is excited to announce that we have come to terms with Jay & Mark Briscoe and the duo have re-signed contracts with ROH Wrestling.

In addition, ROH is also happy to announce that we have signed both Adam Cole and Mike Bennett to contracts as well. Adam Cole, a 21 year old graduate of the CZW Wrestling Academy, has been wrestling for two and half years, and has made quite an impact with his high-flying skills and solid technical base. Mike Bennett has competed for ROH on several occasions in the past, including bouts with Rhett Titus, Jason Blade, and most recently this past weekend at the "ROH on HDNet" TV Tapings where Cole also competed. ROH officials look forward to seeing what these two up and coming athletes have to offer in the future.

I don't know how that would work really for the Briscoes, as I don't think it's an exclusive (ie: written for the game) contract, just gives ROH preferences for dates, but just in case.

Add Adam Cole to ROH. I don't think Bennett is in the game.

Add Derrick Dempsey to ROH, developmental deal (He's back in PWR) and rename him Derek Dempsey.

Add Reggie to ROH, developmental deal and change her name to Courtney Prezleigh, which is currently one of her alter egos.

Add Mia Yim to ROH, developmental deal.

I take it Yim and Reggie were on PWR's latest show. On a similar note, I know Yim is getting a Sparkle try out when they run their next tapping as well so perhaps add her.

On a side note congrats to Cole, he deserves it.

Actually, you said the game should start on 1 August, but my game starts on 1 September. Did i do anything Wrong?

Thx for the Update, bro(Y)

You have to reset your computer's calendar to the month before you plan to start the game.

As for lowering Alberto Del Rio/Dos Caras Jr.'s speed, I've stayed quiet due to worrying about other things or forgetting it until now but I disagree and suggest it to stay as is. He may not be flippy-dippy like a Slim J, Jack Evans and what not but he can hold his own with the lucha style which was prevelent during the Rey Mysterio match on SmackDown just this past week.

In other news, Axl Rotten and Balls Mahoney should have a dislike.

According to PWInsider.com belief among many ECW workers who worked HardCORE Justice said that Axl was partying too much and Balls was babysitting him. The team was supposed to work TNA in the future but Axl screwed it up and the FBI got the slot. Mahoney has gone on record to say he is done working with Axl except in WWE or TNA.

I take it Yim and Reggie were on PWR's latest show. On a similar note, I know Yim is getting a Sparkle try out when they run their next tapping as well so perhaps add her.

On a side note congrats to Cole, he deserves it.

Yim has been on the last 2 shows, #'s 4 and 5, Reggie was on show 3, so I guess that can be argued, and Dempsey wrestled on show 5 and was in ROH before. It just occured to me today to go through PWR's shows and see who is in the game and not on ROH's roster.

Edited by notatardis

Remove Rasche Brown from ROH

- ROH talent Skullcrusher Rasche Brown tweeted the following this evening:

"Just quit ROH.... good luck in your future endeavors. Remember, always remain in control! Keep it real 24 7"

Sources indicate that Brown was taken off all scheduled ROH events after he missed the HDNet tapings this past weekend. It is believed that Brown offered to work the shows in Charlotte and Richmond this weekend to make up for missing the tapings, but when he got pulled anyway he decided to quit.

With the recent booking changes in the company, it is expected that there will be some roster changes coming up.

Credit: PWInsider

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Serena notes:

Former WWE Smackdown Diva Serena was released after last week's TV Tapings, according to several sources. The company has not yet announced the release since this Friday's Smackdown had already been taped. It was being kept under wraps, even internally at the point we broke it. WWE will likely announce it this weekend. In regard to why she was released, several sources were under the belief that like Mickie James a few months back, there was behavior on the road that led to unhappiness on WWE Management's part. I was told it was a case of her being warned several times that she could lose her spot and it finally got to a point where she basically cost herself the position just as a big push was planned.

credit to PWInsider.com