EWR 2010 Stats Update: August

Not sure if this has been mentioned. But Lucha Libre USA should have Two Titles

Lucha Libre USA Heavyweight Championship

Lucha Libre USA Tag Team Championship

They have tournaments for both, but no title holders yet...

Id say 60 image for Heavyweight and 40 image for Tag Team. Based on ROH's Title belt Images and projected first champions...

Also add Carlito to the LL USA Roster on an open contract and Rename him Carlitos Colon(I would of said just call him Carlitos but it is taken by someone else, so add the Colon part as well)...

Maybe also up RJ Brewers overness to around 44???

Please and thank you...

TNA: Maybe rename Hardcore Justice as Hard Justice. As far as I can see, it was an one time event, next year it should go back to Hard Justice...

Edited by phillip2272

I am a local AAW fan so I can help out with that part of the roster.

Kyle Rich or Will Hatchet have never worked for AAW remove them.

Caden Ames hasn't been in AAW forever, same with CK3, Hunter Matthews.

Hunter Matthews finishers were the Piledriver and the Whoopie Cushion.

Jim Jesus is now known as Jim Lynam. He is no longer a manager and is now the "Owner" of AAW.

I would add trainer and booker to Danny Daniels as Danny Daniels runs AAW and im pretty sure books. He also trained Tyler Black, Marek Brave, Shane Hollister, and a lot of other guys on the roster.

Marek Brave I heard retired so I would make him a non-wrestler and probably even take him off the roster.

Krotch/Matt Maydays finisher is DEFINITELY not a 450 Splash. He uses a Tornado Stunner off the Turnbuckle called the Krotch Rocket.

Also Christian Able uses a modified Cut-Throat Saito Suplex as a finish. I have never seen him throw a dragon suplex,

Also Rasche Brown hasnt been to AAW in ages unfortunately.

Shane Hollisters finisher is a Cloverleaf and a Buzzsaw Kick.

Also MsChif has been in AAW a lot and teaming with Krotch/Matt Mayday so I would add her to the roster.

Kyle Rich and Will Hatcher have worked for AAW, they just haven't worked there in some time. Will Hatcher might have worked as "Axis" and Kyle Rich might have worked as "Taylor Mayde" there. Removing them from the roster is fine but they have indeed worked for Danny before.

I don't think Marek has retired, more-so he's focusing on his band more than before now as far as I know.

Marek im pretty sure is retired. He hasnt worked any AAW show except the QC ones and he didnt wrestle the last couple QC ones even. After doing some research Kyle Rich worked for SCW which eventually turned into AAW. But still nothing on Axis/Will Hatcher, neither of them are on any AAW dvds at all. Maybe a battle royale at some point but they have never worked for AAW.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Not sure if this has been mentioned. But Lucha Libre USA should have Two Titles

Lucha Libre USA Heavyweight Championship

Lucha Libre USA Tag Team Championship

They have tournaments for both, but no title holders yet...

Id say 60 image for Heavyweight and 40 image for Tag Team. Based on ROH's Title belt Images and projected first champions...

Also add Carlito to the LL USA Roster on an open contract and Rename him Carlitos Colon(I would of said just call him Carlitos but it is taken by someone else, so add the Colon part as well)...

Maybe also up RJ Brewers overness to around 44???

Please and thank you...

Dude, read old posts. I've suggest the Carlito one a week ago when he was mentioned on air as Carlitos.

More LLUSA Notes:

Independent wrestler, Brittney Savage of WSU fame made her debut tonight for Lucha Libre USA.

Savage is the reigning WSU Spirit Champion, defeating Alicia in an ‘Empty Arena Match’ that aired for free online earlier this week.

She also appeared on an episode of Friday Night SmackDown last year in the ‘Beth Phoenix Squash Tour’, competing as Brittany Carter.

Credit to Lucha Blog, add Brittney Savage to LLUSA as RJ Brewer's manager. She should be a heel manager with a bitch gimmick.

In other news Carlito will be known as Carlitos in LLUSA apparently with what was said on LLUSA Masked Warriors last night. I guess it would be Carlitos Colono for the entry as Carlitos is in the game already.

In weird LLUSA news according to Luchablog:

I’m half watching Masked Warriors while writing this, and they started the show with a casual mention of this episode being the season finale. They did not mention it again until the last minute of the show, and only said to check their website to find out when Season 2 premieres. And there’s no mention of anything on the website. That makes it sound like the end but, if it was over, why bother taping today in Charlotte? They were still plugging that show and the following taping during the show. The way it was mentioned, they probably added ‘season final’ late on, and no one knows when/if more will air at this point.

The show also aired commercials for Heroes del Ring. Also, Carlitos’ theme music is the current opening music from RAW; someone’s a genius. Possible a soon to be sued genius, but I’ll miss the hilarity of this show.

I know the ratings were not good but in fairness, Fridays are out on the town night and it was on MTV2 which no one really cares about. And to double source this, it gets even worse from PWInsider.com

Talent in Charlotte, NC were told that tonight's Lucha Libre USA event will now just be a house show and the TV Taping portion has been canceled. Talent were shocked by the announcement since some of them were doing pre-tapes yesterday.

Talent were also told that any additional TV Tapings were being postponed until 2011.

Obviously, that doesn't bode well for the Masked Warriors series on MTV2. The series was announced for 52 episodes when it launched but the most recent episode mentioned a "season finale" upcoming.

In a related note, Ric Flair is at the Charlotte event backstage. His sons David and Reid are scheduled to wrestle as a team for the first time.

Thanks to Larry Goodman for his help.

I guess delete the television show. :(

Note to any wanna be promoters out there, DON'T goto any MTV Networks to try to get a tv show.

Not sure if this has been mentioned.

Im not gonna go back and read 14 whole pages just to get one bit of information. And I dont think anyone should have to...

It also said something about "Go to LuchaLibreUSA.com to find info on Season 2. So dont cancel the show just yet...

Edited by phillip2272

Im not gonna go back and read 14 whole pages just to get one bit of information. And I dont think anyone should have to...

It also said something about "Go to LuchaLibreUSA.com to find info on Season 2. So dont cancel the show just yet...

It actually said

They did not mention it again until the last minute of the show, and only said to check their website to find out when Season 2 premieres. And there’s no mention of anything on the website. That makes it sound like the end

Then further down the post

Talent in Charlotte, NC were told that tonight's Lucha Libre USA event will now just be a house show and the TV Taping portion has been canceled

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Dude it was only 3 pages back and was mentioned a week ago. I mentioned it when he was admonished by The Puerto Rican Powers as their partner to take on Tinieblas, Neutronic and Oriental for this week's episode.

It actually said

They did not mention it again until the last minute of the show, and only said to check their website to find out when Season 2 premieres. And there’s no mention of anything on the website. That makes it sound like the end

Then further down the post

Talent in Charlotte, NC were told that tonight's Lucha Libre USA event will now just be a house show and the TV Taping portion has been canceled

Thanks Rocky.

Anywho an update on the weird LLUSA topic is this:

Update: via wrestlingobserver

The plan is to do all the taping from a single location, similar to TNA, but also tour the country with house shows. However, we don’t know the location, but they do have tapings scheduled in a few weeks in Texas. That group doing house show tours doesn’t sound like the wisest of ideas.

Wasn’t doing everything in one location Rumble Queen’s idea? It was a good idea! Whether it’s one location or touring, they really need to be in a small building they can fill up rather than 1,000 people in huge arena, so that would be a big improvement. Doing house shows is probably not going to do much, unless it’s just to give people something to do in between tapinsg.

The Texas location is definitely not the permanent spot, because that’s a minor league baseball stadium.

Now the promotion is not "dead," they just don't have any tv shows to their names at this point with MTV ending their 52 week deal at week 7. But hey it lasted 3 more weeks than Wrestling Society X.

Question: Do Scott Parker and Shane Matthews have charisma over 90 like they should?

No, I think 78 or 80 would fit them better, personally.

Sabian and Joker are know going as Philly Most Wanted, and Adam Cole signed with ROH.

*Searches the thread*

In addition, ROH is also happy to announce that we have signed both Adam Cole and Mike Bennett to contracts as well. Adam Cole, a 21 year old graduate of the CZW Wrestling Academy, has been wrestling for two and half years, and has made quite an impact with his high-flying skills and solid technical base. Mike Bennett has competed for ROH on several occasions in the past, including bouts with Rhett Titus, Jason Blade, and most recently this past weekend at the "ROH on HDNet" TV Tapings where Cole also competed. ROH officials look forward to seeing what these two up and coming athletes have to offer in the future.

Add Adam Cole to ROH.

IT WAS MENTIONED BEFORE ON THE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by The Phenomenal Red
  • Like 1

This isn't a shot at you RED ok but, to be fair, Not everyone reads everything posted on here like some of us do:unsure:

Fair enough when news is practically common knowledge. i.e No-one has brought up the release of Serena since WWE officially released it

• Like 1

Guest The Phenomenal Red

This isn't a shot at you RED ok but, to be fair, Not everyone reads everything posted on here like some of us do:unsure:

Fair enough when news is practically common knowledge. i.e No-one has brought up the release of Serena since WWE officially released it

I know what you are saying, that being said not trying to drag Bill into this but he DID say several months back that he wanted people to look through the thread before posting so it saves him the headache of things being repeated. That is where my gripe with these in the last few days came from. Now could have I done things better yes, but that last one was a page or two ago. The Carlitos deal was 3 pages and in a spoiler that I searched for a while to find so that side is understandable. I am not trying to be a dick about it, but it is annoying to see facts you posted already posted again while stat and gimmick suggestions are fairly subjective ie the me thinking the Usos are Angry Minorities/Angry Young Men because they are tired of the Samoan wrestling stereotypes even though they are regularly spoken of as Fatu's Kids and Tamina is Superfly's blood daughter.

The reason I did not bring up Serena is because PWInsider.com is pretty reliable when it comes to releases. I'm not sucking up to them but I have only seen one kind of false story from them that was not corrected and that was the G-Rilla deal earlier this month. Also if SmackDown wasn't taped, the news would have come back sooner. No point in spoiling your own tv show on your website... wait WWE did that at SummerSlam. :shifty:

In other news, Carlos Sanchez was none other than "The Russian Hooligan" Alex Koslov. How a Russian becomes a Mexican is beyond me but I would add Carlos Sanchez as an alter ego for The Russian Hooligan

Question: Do Scott Parker and Shane Matthews have charisma over 90 like they should?

No, I think 78 or 80 would fit them better, personally.

While 90 is overrating them, that would be underrating them. 86 for both of them, easily. Maybe 87 Jagged-85 Matthews since Jagged generally does a lot of the talking, but either way, they deserve high marks. Not 90, but not 80 either.

Look red what are you 5 not wanting to drag bill into this. You want to talk about reading before you post, someone said about the death of Luna before you, and than Boom! you did it too. And no one seem to care they let it slide. All I am saying is stop trying to run things if you don't follow them yourself. This is a game and people are trying to help, stop running to bill when people try to help. This is all for fun I am tired of reading you cry about things.

• Like 2

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Look red what are you 5 not wanting to drag bill into this. You want to talk about reading before you post, someone said about the death of Luna before you, and than Boom! you did it too. And no one seem to care they let it slide. All I am saying is stop trying to run things if you don't follow them yourself. This is a game and people are trying to help, stop running to bill when people try to help. This is all for fun I am tired of reading you cry about things.

OK, the Luna deal I did not catch at all, my bad and I apologize. I didn't even catch that until now when you brought it to my attention. I'll give you that one. The rest of the stuff you say does not make sense. All I was saying several months, maybe a year ago Bill made a comment about people not bringing up things that were previously mentioned to create less stuff on his threads for the update. And I agree with that, if I were him I would want that too. That is the only reason I brought him up in the conversation and not trying to "run to bill," like you are accusing me of doing. I think the main reason it looks that I "run to bill" is because I actually try to help when he asks for opinnions like you and others do on here or directly ask questions, is that a problem? I just do it with more of an emphasis on which promotions should be the next ones in(this has gotten me in trouble more than once because of people wanting Booker T's PWA in when we don't have stats for anyone in that promotion) and the lucha stuff which is down right confusing at times.

For those of you who don't know, Mexico is STILL to this day pretty kayfabed when it comes to promotions. Earlier this month or last (unsure) I had to decide if a Vamprio slam about Dr. Wagner Jr. in an interview with a newspaper or magazine leading to a match between the two was worth a dislike because it was a shoot comment Vampiro made and had Mexico had the internet and broken kayfabe America does, it would instantly be a dislike. However I didn't say anything because you always have Mexican wrestlers kayfabing the media to this day and no one takes it as oh it's fake. Also another is a look at the many shared names in Mexico: Psicosis, La Parka, La Parkita, Mini Psicosis, Octagoncito, Pentagon, Mascara Sagrada, Histeria, Monsther, Chucky, Histeria, Cuije, Mascarita Sagrada, Mascara Maligna, Mosco de la Merced and a whole bunch of others. For people not in the know it is easy.

Case in point Mascara Sagrada being in AAA dating back to To The Edge 2 in Jan 07 for the game when in reality the man was Mascara Divina who ran under several different names because the original won a lawsuit that barred AAA from using his name and likeness. To those of you who don't follow the scene you would think that because AAA has Mascara Sagrada, Mascarita Sagrada, Psicosis and Histeria, that they must be the originals when none of them are. And if I didn't know, I wouldn't blame anyone for mistaking them. The current Mascarita Sagrada, Psicosis and Histeria replaced replacements. The original Psicosis is Nicho El Millionario/Psychosis, the original Histeria was Super Crazy and the original Mascarita Sagrada is doing various indies and has been in WWF/E and TNA several times.

However I want to hear the other things I "cry" over besides the whole Jaime Koeppe deal or the whole double post fiasco that got us to here.

OK, guys, long, drawn out posts arguing your case on something don't help either... :)

Anyway, perhaps a suggestion to anyone who wants to follow the forums, what I do is simply copy the last post I've read into a MS Word document. If you copy the name of the poster and the post number, it should form a hyper link that, when you click on the post number, will take you right to the post. It's how I know where I am on the thread, anyway.

On to other things:

September should be ready to go on Tuesday, around the 3 PM mark. I've done a lot of "cleanup" work this past month, meaning a lot of stuff most won't even notice, but simplifies things for me and take big chunks out of my "To Do" list. One thing I have noticed is that there are a LOT of duplicate workers... There was even one worker in the game under three separate names. I also figured out that "The Prodigy" ingame was indeed a duplicate of AC Brown. In the Alter Egos, AC Brown was an Alter Ego for the Prodigy and vice versa. The guy actually has another name he works under (Malek Avalon) and I was able to find his birthmonth, age, etc that way... At least we won't have to research him anymore. :)

I have also added a junkload of workers and even got some staff in and fixed (WWE needed a major overhaul, as most of the medical staff weren't "WWE," they had just worked on WWE workers. As of right now, 20 workers have been deleted since last month due to either death, a duplicate, or I mentined deleting them for another reason in this thread. The worker count, counting the deletions is 5034... That means there are 54 new workers in September's update... I might even get a few more on before it's done. As always, the best way to get a worker on is have as much info as possible on them and I also prefer to have links to their birthmonth and age, just to double check. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I have literally spent hundreds of hours working on getting everything 100% confirmed correct and I've still got about 33 pages of notes to work on.

The data now has 928 staff members and for the game to "run well," I'm still needing 22 medics, 24 writers and 4 road agents. That might change between now and Tuesday, but plase hold suggestions on staff until you see the September Data... I might have already added the one(s) you suggest.

Think that's all I got for now.

-Bill

• Like 2

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Small tip for you Bill (or anyone else), from the EWR section page, there's a little orange and white icon beside the topic title for every thread. Clicking that will take you to the first post since you were last in the thread. :)

Guest The Phenomenal Red

LLUSA Updates from PWInsider.com

LUCHA LIBRE USA TV UPDATE, FORMER TNA STAR DEBUTS IN CHARLOTTE

by Mike Johnson @ 1:03 AM on 8/29/2010

In an update on Lucha Libre USA "Masked Warriors" television series, tonight's Charlotte, NC was indeed taped. Talents were told the show would be streamed online and the MTV2 series was now on "hiatus" and not canceled.

Former TNA star Petey Williams debuted.

As noted earlier, Ric Flair was backstage visiting before the show, but left before the taping began. His sons David and Reid worked the show, winning a tag bout when Reid forced Tieneblas Jr. with a figure four leglock.

The show was said to have drawn in the area of 1,000 fans.

I would add Petey Williams to LLUSA, not sure on the Flairs as they could have been exclusive to the Charlott show.

It seems as if the show is indeed dead for now. I'd leave it in for this game but if no word comes out, I will say remove it for the October data update.

LLUSA Updates from PWInsider.com

LUCHA LIBRE USA TV UPDATE, FORMER TNA STAR DEBUTS IN CHARLOTTE

by Mike Johnson @ 1:03 AM on 8/29/2010

In an update on Lucha Libre USA "Masked Warriors" television series, tonight's Charlotte, NC was indeed taped. Talents were told the show would be streamed online and the MTV2 series was now on "hiatus" and not canceled.

Former TNA star Petey Williams debuted.

As noted earlier, Ric Flair was backstage visiting before the show, but left before the taping began. His sons David and Reid worked the show, winning a tag bout when Reid forced Tieneblas Jr. with a figure four leglock.

The show was said to have drawn in the area of 1,000 fans.

I would add Petey Williams to LLUSA, not sure on the Flairs as they could have been exclusive to the Charlott show.

It seems as if the show is indeed dead for now. I'd leave it in for this game but if no word comes out, I will say remove it for the October data update.

I think with that maybe add a "Online" Network?

I think with that maybe add a "Online" Network?

The only problem I can see with this is working out the specifics. Risk and Production can be pretty much anything as anyone can get a camera and post a wrestling video online (see the numerous backyard promotion videos). As for ratings, they will also vary greatly, as I can see online videos being more popular than TV.

However, you could run it through "live stream" only comparison, in which you would then need to visit a few websites to gauge a decent average for details.

Just off the top of my head, I forsee "online" networks working one of two ways:

1: Make one, generic "Online" network (Like Local and Regional are) and just set everything lower proportionally to what the local network has. Regiona's Production Values are 20, Locals are 10, so online would be like 5. Cut the potential audiences for Local networks in half for the online network's potential audience, but boost the risk up some.

2: Make like 5-10 "Set" online networks. I'm pretty sure ESPN3 would fall into this category and I'm sure they aren't the only one with setup like theirs. Bite.ca puts episodes of Wrestlicious online, which is where most people see the show. With Wrestlicious Takedown not yet being in the game as a TV show, (Honestly, I don't know where it fits, network wise... It's on all over, which is more than regional, but it's so scattered as to where it airs, it's tough to determine... Any ideas on this, please let me know) this would allow that to be added as well, without being "out of place" on one of the networks currently in the game.

Just brainstorming. Might research it a bit and try to implement something for September's update. At least something in there will give us something to work on getting as accurate as possible.

-Bill

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Just off the top of my head, I forsee "online" networks working one of two ways:

1: Make one, generic "Online" network (Like Local and Regional are) and just set everything lower proportionally to what the local network has. Regiona's Production Values are 20, Locals are 10, so online would be like 5. Cut the potential audiences for Local networks in half for the online network's potential audience, but boost the risk up some.

2: Make like 5-10 "Set" online networks. I'm pretty sure ESPN3 would fall into this category and I'm sure they aren't the only one with setup like theirs. Bite.ca puts episodes of Wrestlicious online, which is where most people see the show. With Wrestlicious Takedown not yet being in the game as a TV show, (Honestly, I don't know where it fits, network wise... It's on all over, which is more than regional, but it's so scattered as to where it airs, it's tough to determine... Any ideas on this, please let me know) this would allow that to be added as well, without being "out of place" on one of the networks currently in the game.

Just brainstorming. Might research it a bit and try to implement something for September's update. At least something in there will give us something to work on getting as accurate as possible.

-Bill

Wreslticious is somewhat national so I would make TakeDown a show on a national channel. To me, it is much like WWF Superstars of Wrestling, Superstars, Wrestling Challenge, The Challenge, Shotgun Saturday Night, Shotgun, New York, Jacked, Metal, Bottom Line and Afterburn, it is syndicated nationally through out the United States and Canada. Back in the day, those shows would be.

I think iTunes should be an online network because it is used for promotions like CHIKARA who do their Podcast-a-Go-Go which shows 3/4 minutes of matches from a few months back.

I am not sure what exactly LLUSA is looking to do for their tv show as no press release has been issued and MTV Netowrks still holds the contract.