Civilization Thread!

Ruki

I think after that you go to Create Game > Advanced Setup and it should be available from the 'Ruleset' dropdown (which says 'Standard Rules' until changed).

With that said, if you're looking at the three preloaded mods, they're multiplayer mods only so won't appear in a single player game setup.

5 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

I think after that you go to Create Game > Advanced Setup and it should be available from the 'Ruleset' dropdown (which says 'Standard Rules' until changed).

With that said, if you're looking at the three preloaded mods, they're multiplayer mods only so won't appear in a single player game setup.

Yeah, I figured that out right after I posted <_<

But you can play multiplayer with just one human. Which is a bit silly.

Alright, the warmongering stuff is still pissing me off from the last game. I haven't declared any wars, I've been surprise attacked twice by Gilgamesh, once by that German bastard, once by The Kongo, once by Spain and once by The Sycthians. And I'm the warmonger because they ceded some cities to me. Fuck you, don't start wars you can't finish.

• Like 1

The exploit where you are currently able to sell armies/armadas for more than it costs to buy them is utterly ridiculous. It means that once you get the Mobilization civic (and build either a Military Academy or Seaport), you can effectively have infinite money if it takes your fancy.

This isn't going to prevent me from using it in the multiplayer game I'm playing against my friend, though. :shifty: 

Admittedly I haven't used it yet (we haven't played the game since last week when I didn't know this exploit existed)...and I do already have a sizable number of Battleships (at least 6 or 7 Fleets IIRC) which I was intending to crush him with anyway...

My main concern is that he's mentioned that he's been "scheming" on how to beat me over this week, and I don't exactly trust him not to be cheating already.

This is exactly the conversation the US and Soviets were both having during the Cold War, you know. :shifty: 

• Like 1

The Brazilian special unit battleship is a monster in this.

Oh and there is a nice mod that gives all the civs a second unique unit, usually from the previous game. So England get the Longbow and the Seadog, Rome get the Legion and the Horseything etc

Patch is out!

Some obvious fixes targeting exploits. Here's a selection of fixes/additions that are favourites of mine...

• Added additional Hotkey support (next unit, next city).
  • Added the ability to rename cities.
  • Reduced Warmonger penalties in most instances, and adjusted how this reacts to returning versus keeping a city. The last city conquered from a player now provides a heavy warmonger penalty, even if you have a Casus Belli against this player, because you are wiping out a civilization.
  • Increased the number of Great Works of Writing slots in the Amphitheater to 2.
  • Increased Counterspy operation time.
  • Deleting a unit no longer provides gold.
  • Units may no longer remove features from tiles that are not owned by that player.
  • Adjusted AI understanding of declared friendship.
  • AI with neutral relationships should accept delegations barring exceptional circumstances.
  • Auto-scroll to the first Great Person that can be claimed.

Seems like there still won't be any production queuing though. 

2 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Patch is out!

Some obvious fixes targeting exploits. Here's a selection of fixes/additions that are favourites of mine...

• Added additional Hotkey support (next unit, next city).
  • Added the ability to rename cities.
  • Reduced Warmonger penalties in most instances, and adjusted how this reacts to returning versus keeping a city. The last city conquered from a player now provides a heavy warmonger penalty, even if you have a Casus Belli against this player, because you are wiping out a civilization.
  • Increased the number of Great Works of Writing slots in the Amphitheater to 2.
  • Increased Counterspy operation time.
  • Deleting a unit no longer provides gold.
  • Units may no longer remove features from tiles that are not owned by that player.
  • Adjusted AI understanding of declared friendship.
  • AI with neutral relationships should accept delegations barring exceptional circumstances.
  • Auto-scroll to the first Great Person that can be claimed.

Seems like there still won't be any production queuing though. 

There is a mod for the production queue

The patch notes mentioned something about barbs being reduced (or rather, spawning further away) on lower difficulties...which I guess they didn't before. I've only really being playing on Prince, which I assume would be unchanged.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it me, or is Gandhi the biggest shit-stirrer in this game? Every time he's around, he finds some other civ to declare a Joint War with against me. In this one I'm playing right now, it's his third Joint War declaration on me in less than 200 turns (twice with Greece, now with Egypt).

Grow some balls and fight your wars on your own, Gandhi. :angry: 

• 2 weeks later...