Pro Evolution Soccer 2011

Timmoru Suzuki

Yeah, that's annoying. Worse when there's a loose ball in your penalty area, you have a defender two yards away and you're frantically hammering L1 to change player so you can control that defender; however the CPU is content to cycle through every other fucker on your team before it lets you control that player, in the meantime a CPU striker strolls up and smashes the ball into the top corner.

They either need to implement the system you suggest, or have better logic in the changing of players. Or, better still, BOTH.

:D - So true.

I'll carry on my game tomorrow. Away first, but will still no doubt find a way to fail. I want that gold trophy, dammit. :crying:

And then I'll try the Copa Libertadores, and try for another...

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to be cheeky Baddar, where did your option file come from? I just want to check what it includes and whether its post Tuesdays update etc.

Tried an International Cup in the meantime to cope with the unlicensed club teams, as usual straight away on Top Player. Played as England, lost to USA and Algeria without scoring a goal to go out in the first round. Second attempt fared a bit better, drew with Slovenia, beat USA 1-0 then Algeria 2-0 (Warnock scored!) to blitz the group and take on Germany in the knockouts (Serbia won the group). Beat Germany in a narrow one niller then went out to Mexico in the quarters, prompting Jon Champion to say 'Just like England, going out at this point on the main stage'. Gutted.

Loving the national anthems pre-match, but not loving Rooney singing along...

Have you guys got it on Unassisted or semi? Very important and helps the switching of players much easier, meaning you can actually go to the guy you want rather than it cheating you and giving you the opposite to what you actually want.

Still haven't got the game, got to wait till next Friday. Seems like forever :(

I have it on semi-assisted. It works reasonably well, unless the CPU can gain a direct scoring chance from it not working reasonably well, in which case it acts like I described above. I've never tried unassisted. Might give it a bash.

I need to improve at goal-scoring. I've played 30 games in total, and have only scored more than two goals in a match once. It's a little bit depressing doing what I've just done; go 2-0 up inside 20 minutes and know that that'll be it in terms of goals!

Just started playing online, which is rare for me on any game, and was fairly impressed. Only 2 people have instantly gone for Inter as well, some decent games so far. Worst thing so far (and this sounds like the worst excure ever) is that my 5 game unbeaten record was beaten when my cat found the eject button on my PS3 just before kickoff in my sixth game. Insta 3-0 loss.

I then followed that up by losing a cracking Old Firm derby 1-0 when I realised quite how bad Celtic are. Daryl Murphy, really? Best player is Fraser Forster...

Oh, and if you play me you might as well just hack me down in the box, I won't be scoring the pen.

It doesn't seem too bad for it so far, but I'm guessing as your ranking goes up you'll start hitting Interwhores (I'm copywriting that). Had a cracking England v Holland game against a Dutch fella, really open game where I won 2-1 after going 1-0 down. Went straight to the chatty bit straight after to put a bit of a cheers comment on and he'd already put something similar on. Or my Dutch isn't up to much and he called me a prick. Or I've pulled. Who knows?

I conceded the STUPIDEST goal ever. Everton vs. Blackpool. Harewood runs towards my goal, I bring Jagielka across to close him down. As Jags gets very close, Harewood goes to lay the ball off to Ormerod, only the ball hits Jag's shin and rebounds towards goal. Bear in mind, this happened right on the line at the edge of the penalty area and the ball has no pace on it at all. It's just trickling towards goal. Howard doesn't move. The ball inches - no, creeps, into the six yard box, and Howard turns his head and just WATCHES the ball as it creep's towards and then over the line. It was fucking stupid. He had time to dive. He had time to move across his line and then dive. He had time to walk across his line and put his foot on the barely moving ball. Hell, he had time to nip off the pitch, have a quick piss and come back and make the save if he really wanted to.

I guess the CPU couldn't decide if it was a backpass or a shot, and thus if it was going to let me manually control Howard to clear-up the backpass, or automatically dive to save the shot, and just didn't decide in time.

Either way, what a joke.

A classic semi-final tie with Inter Milan...

I beat them 2-1 at the San Siro, and then scored early in the second leg which looked to put it to bed. Seventy minutes in and Inter didn't look like scoring, then from nowhere Eto'o and Milito score within two minutes of each other to take a 2-1 lead ...but then almost straight from the kick-off, Cesc Fabregas fired into the bottom corner from about 25 yards. I celebrated loudly.

Real beat Barca 3-2 on aggregate, so it was Ronaldo and co in the final - again, I went 1-0 up with an Arshavin pen (yes, a pen :D) and until the 80th minute I hadn't looked like conceding, and I missed some guilt-edged chances on the way. Higuain lifed over Almunia to equalise with about six minutes to go and send it into extra time - but two from RVP meant that I'd won the Champions League on my first attempt, on PS3, anyway.

I'm not sure how the Copa Libertadores works - is it a tournament, a league, what?

Either way, to make a third consecutive post worthwhile, here's a file someone posted the other day...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7IVZWG1Q

The "Div 2" teams have been replaced by 18 Championship teams, who all have their logo's/kits etc. - I'm not entirely sure which as I don't have it myself yet. It's based off the other one, so it's a case of deleting old and copying over new. You may need to re-download the Konami transfer update afterwards though, just don't save over the option file - choose to cancel. :)

Got started with the Copa Libertadores today after finding out how it all works, with Chivas.

You need to play a 2 legged play-off to qualify for the group stage, which works like the CL, 8 groups of 4 teams. The top team goes through each group, with the 6 best placed 2nd teams joining 2 "invited" teams in the last 16. So I'll need to finish top to be sure of qualification.

I beat Deportivo Quito 2-1 and some shitty team 2-0 in my first two games - Internacional won their first two games as well, so we're joint top on six points. The next two games (Internacional home and away) should decide the group.