EWB's Top 50 Video Games

DJ Ice

It is tough. I figure my list is comprised of the games that I had the most fun with in my lifetime.

1. Smackdown 2

2. Streets of Rage 2

3. Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

4. Fallout 3

5. The Warriors

6. Tony Hawk Pro Skater

7. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

8. Tecmo Super Bowl

9. Golden Axe

10. Bushido Blade 2

1.Legend if Zelda: The Ocarina of Time (N64)

2.Championship Manager 97/98 (PC)

3.Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2)

4.WWF Smackdown! Here Comes The Pain (PS2)

5.Goldeneye 007 (N64)

6.Super Mario 64 (N64)

7.Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Mega Drive)

8.Ghostbusters the Video Game (X-Box 360)

9.Talespin (Mega Drive)

10.Worms Armageddon (PC)

1. We Love Katamari

2. Tetris

3. Pac-Man

4. Alex Kidd In Miracle World

5. Streets Of Rage 2

6. Space Invaders: Infinity Gene

7. The Secret Of Monkey Island

8. Dungeon Keeper

9. Killer7

10. Earthbound

....so, yeah. Games made in the past decade can suck a dick, for the most part :shifty:

1. Red Dead Redemption (Multi)
  2. Heavy Rain (PS3)
  3. Pokemon (Heart)Gold/(Soul)Silver (GBC/DS)
  4. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Multi)
  5. Uncharted 2 (PS3)
  6. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2)
  7. Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)
  8. Donkey Kong Country (NES)
  9. Spyro The Dragon (PSOne)
  10. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (Multi)

I would include Madden and FIFA too, but I really can't limit it to one particular version so I left them out completely.

I can't list my top 10 because I've played so many different consoles and games it's way too hard... I've played atari, sega genesis, cd, Saturn and dreamcast, nintendo (regular and super) the 64, wii. All playstations and xboxes so yeah maybe top 10 for each console but not of all time. Too difficult.

1. We Love Katamari

2. Tetris

3. Pac-Man

5. Streets Of Rage 2

8. Dungeon Keeper

9. Killer7

10. Earthbound

....so, yeah. Games made in the past decade can suck a dick, for the most part :shifty:

... but your number one game was made in 2005 :huh:

Unless of course this is why you said "for the most part", in which case confusion withdrawn.

Also, burny, quite a few of us have played on all those consoles and more. It's hard for all of us. Nut up and make your damn top ten anyway, I'm still not even sure my top ten is a proper top ten for me, but I bit the bullet and ran with it :shifty:

1)Rainbow Six Vegas 1

2)GTA San Andreas

3)Championship Manager 03/04

4)Metal Gear Solid 2

5)Mass Effect 2

6)Oblivion

7)Final Fantasy 7

8)Fahrenheit (Indigo Phophecy)

9)Halo

10)Goldeneye

1. We Love Katamari

2. Tetris

3. Pac-Man

5. Streets Of Rage 2

8. Dungeon Keeper

9. Killer7

10. Earthbound

... but your number one game was made in 2005 :huh:

Unless of course this is why you said "for the most part", in which case confusion withdrawn.

Also, burny, quite a few of us have played on all those consoles and more. It's hard for all of us. Nut up and make your damn top ten anyway, I'm still not even sure my top ten is a proper top ten for me, but I bit the bullet and ran with it :shifty:

Yeah, that's why I said for the most part. I was more making fun of the fact that, despite being a pretty avid gamer, how ludicrously out of touch my taste in games actually is.

Edited by Skummy

1. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)

- Definitely the best in the series, plus it has added personal value to me, as my parents bought it for me because of all the attention my newborn brother was getting (I was 9). Also, you get the bestest power in a game ever, SUPER HAMMER BROTHERS SUIT!

2. NCAA Football 11 (PlayStation3)

- Over the years, most of my gaming hours have been committed to the college pigskin. This is the best next-gen game of the series, and, while it may not top the epic simplicity of 2004, it beats it in presentation and features.

3. Tony Hawk Pro Skater (PlayStation)

- Fuck the sequels, the original school is still the best skate spot in a video game, ever.

4. Madden '99 (PlayStation)

- Newer incarnations may beat it in graphics and features, but nothing will ever top the joy I felt in leading Billy Joe Hobert and the Saints to the playoffs.

5. Tecmo Bowl (NES)

- Bo Jackson. 'nuff said.

6. Skate 2 (Playstation 3)

- The game that saved skating games for me. Tony Hawk had become so over the top that not even the addition of Bam Margera could save it for me, but the complex simplicity of Skate brought me back.

7. Final Fantasy 8 (PlayStation)

- I've played every Final Fantasy, 7-13, and the original US ones, but this remains my favorite. From gunblades to Zell, and even the Draw system (fuck you, it was a power levelers dream), and 1,000 experience points a level, this is, and remains, my favorite.

8. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)

- Everything that was good about the original, but better. Just an amazing romp through nostalgia for me.

9. Shining Force (Genesis)

- One of the first 'strategy' RPGs I ever played, and still a fond, fond, memory of mine. From getting the nearly unstoppable 'werewolf dude' to never, ever, beating the game, this was a great experience.

10. Exile (PC)

- I don't know how many of you know of this game, but it was a strategy based RPG based around a group of heroes that had been exiled to an underground world filled with cat-people, walking reptiles, and, eventually, aliens style creatures. Not to mention goblins, ogres, and a host of other deadly creatures. In sequels, you would eventually 'Escape from Exile', but it was never the same as the original. I think the creator, Spiderweb Software (I think), re-did it as 'Avernum', but it's not the same. If someone could hook me up with a link to the freeware demo, I'd love you forever.

That was kinda tough. There are still games I'd love to mention, like SimCity 2000, Skate or Die, The Adventures of Bayou Billy, Dynasty Warriors (6, probably), and even Duck Hunt (SECRET TWO-PLAYER MODE!), but I'm happy with my top 10. I think it represents my gaming tastes pretty well.

1. Metal Gear Solid - Playstation: At this stage in my gaming life I was used to confronting your enemies head on and taking them all out in order to win. But MGS was the first time I played a game where doing that would result in my death lots and lots of times. It was just such a fresh aspect to me; being sneaky and clever to outwit your enemies was just so spanking amazing and later changed how I played other games. It's no surprise that in FPS games I play best in game types like CTF which encourage sneakiness.

2. Super Mario Bros. 3 - Nintendo: One of these games was definitely getting in and 3 was simply the best in my opinion. Wasted many hours playing this game. Actually, no they weren't wasted, they were totally worth it.

3. BioShock - Xbox 360: I never ever played this game in the dark. There were several times I nearly shit myself and yeah… but like MGS it had a great story and it felt more like I was part of a movie rather than a video game.

4. Final Fantasy 7 - Playstation: Sephiroth made this game for me…and Aeris. I still remember how upset I was when she died. Not because I cared for her so much as a character (okay I teared up a little) but because of how awesome an asset she was in battle. FF7 remains my face in the series and still play it from time to time.

5. Shining Force II - Sega Genesis: My first RPG game. I liked the first one as well, but this one has always been my favorite.

6. Goldeneye 007 - Nintendo 64: The multiplayer is what gets this game on my list. This game was a huge staple to a ton of weekends between me and my friends in past years.

7. Pokemon Red/Blue - Gameboy: Simply addictive and captured way too many hours of my life. A real simple game that allowed me to get through all if the car travel whenever the family went on vacation.

8. DOOM - Sega 32X: BFG nuff said

9. Mortal Kombat - Sega Genesis: My first fighting game at the tender age of 5. My father grounded my older bros for introducing me to this game and DOOM. I still thank them to this day.

10. Borderlands - Xbox360: There were several games that could go here but I went with Borderlands due to the fact I have 3 close friends and when we play this game co-op it's such an amazing experience. Killing skags hasn't lost it's fun yet.

1. Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries (PC)

Hands down my favorite game in my favorite game series of all time. Blowing up mechs in order to earn money to buy better mechs, I'm in. With the recent free release and addition mods added with the free release, this game continues improving.

2. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Xbox 360/PS2)

One of my favorite games, that's carried into 2 different consoles (also enjoyed it on the PS2). It's one of the few games, I can go back and play for a couple hours and still want to play a little more.

3. Tony Hawk's Underground (Xbox/PS2)

I enjoyed the previous Tony Hawk games, but this one had a story that kept me playing long after I'd gotten bored with the others. In fact, I still throw it in my 360 from time to time.

4. Assassin's Creed 2 (Xbox 360)

I enjoyed the first game, but the second one completely blew it away. This one felt less like a chore and more like a game when I was playing. I kept playing much longer than I logged in the first game.

5. Rock Band 2 (Xbox 360)

Everyone at some point has wanted to be a rock star, but few have the time and commitment it takes to be a star. Sure Guitar Hero came first, but Rock Band feels more like you're playing the song, as opposed to playing as many notes as can be fit in.

6. Uncharted Waters (SNES)

My friend and I would play this for 16 hours at time, sailing the seas, trading for gold, and looting other ships. Although many don't remember (or don't want to), I found it incredibly enjoyable.

7. Combat (Atari)

Small, simple, and to the point. You have your blocky tank, plane, or jet... and you shoot your friend's blocky tank, plane, or jet. Doesn't get more simple than that, and it's a lot of fun too.

8. Burnout: Revenge (PS2/Xbox 360)

Racing is fun, taking people out is fun. combine the two and you have a winning formula. I chose Revenge over Paradise, because a game like this is best enjoyed with friends in person.

9. Street Fighter II (SNES/Genesis/Arcade)

The first fighting game I really loved. I remember playing this for hours with my friends and in arcades. Sure I sucked, but I never enjoyed losing more than I did playing SFII.

10. Area 51 (Arcade)

On rails light gun shooter, probably my favorite in the genre and I game I spent hundreds of dollars playing in the arcade. I enjoyed getting the shotgun... just saying.

Making an effort, might as well add my two-penneth worth.

1. Speedball 2 (Mega Drive)

2. Uncharted 2 (PS3)

3. Sonic (Mega Drive)

4. Little King's Story (Wii)

5. Alundra (PS1)

6. Burnout 3: Takedown (PS2)

7. WCW vs NWO Revenge (N64)

8. Final Fantasy VII (PS1)

9. Bioshock

10. Batman: Arkham Asylum

This list was mostly created to get Speedball 2 some points.