Minecraft!

Sousa

It's just very irritating that the whole reason that "evil Microsoft is going to kill Mojang" is because they purchased Rare and then stuck them making Kinect games.

It's two vastly different things and I think people have vastly different expectations. Mojang are Minecraft, whereas Rare were arguably the greatest non-first party studio of all time. Lots of people failed to realise that the Goldeneye/PD teams had left Rare prior to the sale or were confident that it was the Stamper brothers who made the magic happen.

This seems (at least to me) to mainly be an IP acquisition, Notch is leaving (but had checked out of Minecraft long ago anyway), I'm sure I read that the other two were also leaving.

So I can't really see how the comparison was warranted? Notch has said he doesn't ever want another massive success so Mojang were never going to turn into the modern Rare.

I'm starting to see the effects of having a tiny(compared to PC)world on PS3. I can't farm as many animals as I'd like, mob grinders don't build up as many monsters and I'm mining chunks now since I think I've hit every cave system. On the brightside I don't need a map since I've learned where everything is.

It's just very irritating that the whole reason that "evil Microsoft is going to kill Mojang" is because they purchased Rare and then stuck them making Kinect games.

It's two vastly different things and I think people have vastly different expectations. Mojang are Minecraft, whereas Rare were arguably the greatest non-first party studio of all time. Lots of people failed to realise that the Goldeneye/PD teams had left Rare prior to the sale or were confident that it was the Stamper brothers who made the magic happen.

This seems (at least to me) to mainly be an IP acquisition, Notch is leaving (but had checked out of Minecraft long ago anyway), I'm sure I read that the other two were also leaving.

So I can't really see how the comparison was warranted? Notch has said he doesn't ever want another massive success so Mojang were never going to turn into the modern Rare.

Oh I know that. What I was saying was this apparent outcry of 'Microsoft will kill Mojang' was because of the Rare thing.

From some of the various reports on this, I have read that this buyout has come from a new CEO who wants to try and make things work better than previous buyouts so chances are they wont fuck with the cashcow that is minecraft at the moment.

Anothing thing I read was that Microsoft are wantign to expand more into the mobile market and sicne anything that minecraft touches makes money they will most likley try and get minecraft on their mobile systems and maybe try and get mojang to develop some mobile games.

Plus there is also the posibility that in the future minecraft could come packaged with windows like minesweeper and the such.

They'd be foolish to pull any support from the other platforms, it just means they'll most likely be more DLC (skin packs etc) that are Microsoft exclusive. I do think that they've probably acquired Mojang for the mobile side of things, whilst at the same time getting themselves an exclusive Indie developer.

Holy shit ocean monuments.

"doot doot doot i'm just sailing along this unexplored ocean checking things out hey what's that weird thing over--"

"THE DARK LORD IS MADE MANIFEST, YOU MAY NOT MINE FOR FIVE MINUTES"

"HOLY JUMPING FUCK RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN"

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Considering building an Iron farm on my PS3 world since the caves are drying up. It'd go in the wasteland where my Charcoal plant is. Having ethical issues with it though(I put way too much into this game <_<). I like Golems! I have graves for some on the Mushroom Island but I need the iron.

By graves I mean flower pots holding the flower they dropped when they died.I'm not the one making villagers live underground, that's Sousa :P

I have 2 large cities for villagers. If I don't hit the cap with the iron farm then I might end up with three when I get around to the coast village at the back of the map.

As an alternate to the golem farm you could always duplicate blocks...

It is best with the ores that you can break down into nine items, do whats in the video but before mining the block up break it down otherwise when you mine the block again it will fix itself in the inventory.

I have an emergency box in case I cany find anything and have only used it mostly for emeralds since I've yet to find any and got most of mine via villagers.

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone with this on console should download the free Halloween texture pack. I was only able to today. It's gonna be what I use for quite a while. Only gripe is it fucks with some of the wool so now I'm going to have to replace the carpet I use as turf in one of my villages.

• 1 month later...

A new title update has been released for consoles, out now for Microsoft, still in testing for Sony.

Change list in spoiler.

Added new items

- Hardened Clay

- Stained Clay

- Block of Coal

- Hay Bale

- Activator Rail

- Block of Redstone

- Daylight Sensor

- Dropper

- Hopper

- Minecart with Hopper

- Minecart with TNT

- Redstone Comparator

- Weighted Pressure Plate

- Beacon

- Trapped Chest

- Firework Rocket

- Firework Star

- Nether Star

- Lead

- Horse Armor

- Name Tag

- Horse Spawn Egg

Added new Mobs

- Wither

- Wither Skeletons

- Witches

- Bats

- Horses

- Donkeys

- Mules

- Added new terrain generation features - Witch Huts.

- Replaced the Tutorial World with a new world containing some new mini-tutorials for the new functionality.

- Added Beacon interface.

- Added Horse interface.

- Added Hopper interface.

- Added Fireworks - Fireworks interface is accessible from the Crafting Table when you have the ingredients to craft a Firework Star or Firework Rocket.

- Added 'Adventure Mode' - You can only break blocks with the correct tools.

- Added lots of new sounds.

- Mobs, items and projectiles can now pass through portals.

- Repeaters can now be locked by powering their sides with another Repeater.

- Zombies and Skeletons can now spawn with different weapons and armor.

- New death messages.

- Name mobs with a Name Tag, and rename containers to change the title when the menu is open.

- Bonemeal no longer instantly grows everything to full size, and instead randomly grows in stages.

- A Redstone signal describing the contents of Chests, Brewing Stands, Dispensers and Jukeboxes can be detected by placing a Redstone Comparator directly against them.

- Dispensers can face in any direction.

- Eating a Golden Apple gives the player extra "absorption" health for a short period.

- The longer you remain in an area the harder the monsters that spawn in that area will be.

- New Game and Host options (Daylight Cycle, Keep Inventory, Mob options, Tile drop and a Regeneration option)

Guess I'll have to restart my world again.

Edited by TheWho87