Minecraft!

Sousa

Soooo....I've never played this game before and have decided to find out what the big deal is. The question is......PC or PS4?

If you're wanting to try mods, definitely PC but the core of the unmodded game is essentially the same on both sides.

When you guys adventure out, how do you generally find your way back to where you started? I want to start building a cavern stronghold but I'm always afraid that when I venture out looking for things (sheep in this case) that I'll lose where I was.

When you guys adventure out, how do you generally find your way back to where you started? I want to start building a cavern stronghold but I'm always afraid that when I venture out looking for things (sheep in this case) that I'll lose where I was.

Tons of different ways, but my preferred method is to always take torches and drop them every so many blocks. This is two-fold, as it helps cut down on where enemies can spawn (ever so slightly) and gives me some breadcrumbs to get back with.

• 3 weeks later...

The update is out for PS systems. Downloading now. I have no clue about X-Box.

• 4 weeks later...

My nephew bought this game on PC and wants to play with mods. My sister and brother in law are both not the greatest when it comes with computers and tech, so I told them I would figure out how to play with mods. Is it easy to install mods for the game? Best website to download them? 

My sister-in-law is terrified of viruses and refuses to do much with her computer in fear that she will wreck it. She ended up on a Minecraft mod website and called me saying she was afraid to click download because she was certain she'd get a virus. I told her I'd come by tonight to show my nephew how to do it. If your 11 year old sister can do it, I don't think I'll have much problems showing him. Hopefully...

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Well, I wanted to expand my PS3 Kingdom on the PS4 but the upload tool seems to be broken so I can't transfer. I have instead started over. Time to turn this world into a United Utopia too (Ignore the giant Iron Golem genocide machine).

There's new stuff though! A Llama scared the piss out of me. I heard there might be bears now too? This could be fun.

15 minutes ago, =BK= said:

Well, I wanted to expand my PS3 Kingdom on the PS4 but the upload tool seems to be broken so I can't transfer. I have instead started over. Time to turn this world into a United Utopia too (Ignore the giant Iron Golem genocide machine).

There's new stuff though! A Llama scared the piss out of me. I heard there might be bears now too? This could be fun.

Yeah the console version is mostly level to the PC version now, bears are in an snow biome, parrots are in a jungle, should also have ocean monuments and woodland mansions.

• 1 month later...

New update fixed my world import. I'm gonna debate the new size I want to expand mine to as I finish up a last couple projects. I'm leaning towards making it as large as possible and marking off my old world as it's own "country". I might just go up one size though because I don't know if I'll need all the space with a large world. The options say I can continue to go up in size but never down.