Minecraft!

Sousa

I keep thinking about going and starting up a game of Minecraft but then I know I'll install. then add Optifine, Run Forge, Install several SSP aesthetic mods, spend a good few hours setting up then play for about 30 minutes and be bored.

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

I keep thinking about going and starting up a game of Minecraft but then I know I'll install. then add Optifine, Run Forge, Install several SSP aesthetic mods, spend a good few hours setting up then play for about 30 minutes and be bored.

Minecraft is a time waster. I find playing with friends is the way to go.

30 minutes ago, KingofHarts_OH said:

Minecraft is a time waster. I find playing with friends is the way to go.

I did that for the first few years. We even had an EWB server way back in the Alpha days. The games just changed so much from the old days it just doesn't feel the same. Even rolling back to older versions.

What are some big fixtures I can put in a city? I have a big empty space in my market city. I could do a clocktower but one of my others has that.

2 hours ago, =BK= said:

What are some big fixtures I can put in a city? I have a big empty space in my market city. I could do a clocktower but one of my others has that.

Bandstand/pergola? Merry-go-round?

So I reinstalled minecraft and reloaded my old saves (I keep them on hand in case) one is a skyblock from a few years back. Slowly I've added to it. I think it was back with the 1.8 version.
It was kinda done with the help of my son. (some of you may remember the early days where he'd take over every save slot etc)
The main area

Spoiler

8f4e164eabb902a0ee4aeb7a1adfb613.png
Cobble generator in the centre, wood farm to the left (w/ melon) Other gardening to the right. I've managed to keep some grass just by the melons which I bone meal to produce flowers.

Flipped view for the mob spawner.

Spoiler

d731868f8640936fd60b9fb159ad6357.png
The mobs die on a platform a bit behind my hut there. Access runs under the path ahead.

Storage space.

Spoiler

a73f0b2a2afe4cd3674e408416251945.png
Mostly cobble, wood and stone tools/weapons. Nice spot to keep my cacti and reeds. The water falling through leads to the portal.

OVERALL
1320fc6cc6f607f6dd01df6d4501928c.png
As you can see, the portal is basically at level 0. I didn't want to deal with the noise while doing general play. Died at least 50 times getting blocks to that level and building the platform.
It was easier building the mob spawner. So much easier building up than down xD
Through the portal is only the gold farm atm. I might try and get a Mushroom farm going at some point too.

NB: Yes i had to use creative to take the pics. No i did not use creative to play.

• 6 months later...

Any interest in a member server? I have a realms server not being used atm so wondered if anyone wanted to play. 

I can set up a new world etc. With it being a Realm it is pure vanilla and also updated automatically. Clientside mods should work fine if the correct version is used. 

The server is only usable for java versions of the game, so no console/win10 cross-over available. 

• 1 year later...

Over a year since I last played. Gonna start a new world on PS4 tonight. Enough new stuff has been added that I'm gonna be lost for a bit I think. I may do the tutorial world to learn some stuff and take a look around my old map to refresh by mind on building nice structures.

Holy shit the new interface is cancer. It's all so busy.

Also lol all this new skin and texture stuff and I still can't use my personal created skin.

Well I converted my world to Bedrock edition. Guess it's time to #Buildthewall to map out my country and keep the new, weird stuff at bay. The Drowned Zombies are a real issue for my coast city as there's a real small island off of it now for normal ones to spawn. The Golems kill them off on the side closet to the ocean but there's no villagers living on that side anymore.

Speaking of Golems, my Iron Farm is broken. Though it's not needed anymore since I can travel outside the bounds to get more. Might convert the inside to a inside graveyard memorial for them and move the trapped villagers to the Mega Merchant City.

I need to name my country. Kirklandia? The Kirkland?

Poop. my zombie grinder is broke too. It's one of the old ones that uses a water ladder to force them up to a drop point. Now they won't go up the water.

On 04/03/2020 at 08:55, =BK= said:

Poop. my zombie grinder is broke too. It's one of the old ones that uses a water ladder to force them up to a drop point. Now they won't go up the water.

Just use the soul sand water elevator instead. Much quicker and doesn’t rely on them jumping.

4 hours ago, Rocky said:

Just use the soul sand water elevator instead. Much quicker and doesn’t rely on them jumping.

Thats exactly what I did. Only a minor change.

Importing actually fixed my Blaze Grinder. The spawner just stopped producing in the old game. My switch to suffocate them doesn't work anymore I think because of hitboxes but it's not really needed. Plus I think I know an easy way to fix it.

I imagine the Golem farm quit due a change in spawn mechanics because I watched it for a bit in creative and nothing happens. 

I have a nice house but I think I'm going to go proper King and build a castle out in empty snowy part of the country. May leave the house to a couple villagers.

Village raiders are fun. I could see them being a real challenge if I wasn't already end game equipped. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know a fun Youtube group to watch? I'm watching Captain Sparklez again but back when I was an everyday viewer of his he was playing on a server with OMGitsFirefox , Syndicate  and JERICHO so him by himself now just feels lonely.