True Grit

GoGo Yubari

Is it based on the novel/John Wayne flick?

Yeah, but it's supposed to be more true to the novel than the original film was.

Personally, I can't wait. I love the Coen brothers, and it's almost scary how they've been consistently outdoing themselves. Also love Jeff Bridges and Josh Brolin.

• 3 months later...

Saw this today, finally. By god, I want to be adopted by Ma and Pa Coen, so I can forever soak in the wisdom of their sons.

In all seriousness, there is not a single false note in this film. If I have any complaint, it's that Cogburn is a tad difficult to understand every great once in a while. However, that's incredibly nitpicky. It certainly does not get in the way of soaking in the film in all of its fullness.

If the Coens can somehow actually do wrong, I don't want to know about it.

Everyone on here knows the raging boner I have for the Coens. I thought Intolerable Cruelty was greatness. I STILL haven't seen their remake of Lady Killers, but that's because I really don't think I'm gonna like it.

Blood Simple wasn't good, though.

Everyone on here knows the raging boner I have for the Coens. I thought Intolerable Cruelty was greatness. I STILL haven't seen their remake of Lady Killers, but that's because I really don't think I'm gonna like it.

Only if you have some huge attachment to Alec Guinness' performance in the original. It's not their best, but being a Coen Bros. movie, it's incredibly shot and has plenty of funny moments.

I love how they managed to find deadpan humor to True Grit. Funniest hanging scene since Blazing Saddles.

If the Coens can somehow actually do wrong, I don't want to know about it.

Intolerable Cruelty is... less good than the others. It's not bad. But it's not something I'd seek out and watch again.

So I've heard. Still kinda wanna see it.

Ladykillers is TREMENDOUS. I even loved the hell outta Marlon Wayans character.

Not normally a fan of the Coen Brothers or the western genre, but I adored True Grit having watched it tonight. My love for Jeff Bridges definitely helped but I take nothing away from how good this film is in every department.