Kasabian

Since I posted originally, I have now seen:

Bowling For Soup (again)

A

Forever The Sickest Kids

Fenix TX

Cancer

Safe in the Crossfire.

Up next - White Wizzard and Volbeat gigs in November!

Well, ignoring local stuff, I've seen:

AC/DC (x2): Fantastic both times, but even better the second time. That said, I like them so much I have an AC/DC tattoo, so I'm biased.

You are my new favourite person. Angus Young = God.

It's tough remembering all the bands I've seen, but off the top of my head, in no particular order..

Metallica (x3) plus Meet and Greet with the band

Slayer

Iron Maiden

Alice Cooper

Anthrax

Cradle of Filth

Motörhead

Nightwish (with Tarja)

Korn

In Flames

Soilwork

Sepultura

Hardcore Superstar

Opeth

CKY

Arch Enemy

The 69 Eyes

HIM

Dropkick Murphys

Machine Head

Trivium

Lamb of God

Mastodon

Deathstars

In a couple of weeks I will add Stone Sour and Avenged Sevenfold to the list as well. The best one probably being Metallica at Sonipishere 2009 where they opened with Battery and Creeping Death, and played Dyers Eve as well.

In reverse chronological order

Bob Dylan: A ticket to this show was a birthday present from my mom. He put on a pretty good show with a good setlist.

Pearl Jam: Third time I saw my favorite band and the first time for my mom. Used my fan club membership to get two tickets: one for me and another for her as a birthday gift. By luck, we got in the second row due to "winning the lottery". Got her a pick thrown by Mike McCready.

Meat Puppets: Before I saw my favorite band for the third time, I saw my second favorite for the third time in two years. Setlist wasn't all that changed from the previous shows, but seeing the band in a small local bar was just a cool experience.

Heart: Went to the state fair to see this great band in 2009. My mom went with me and we both enjoyed it. Good setlist.

Wallflowers: My mom and I once again. Free show played out in the street near the local music theater.

The Eagles: Another birthday present for my mom. Her favorite band in the local university's basketball arena. Her second Eagles show and the first since seeing them right after Hotel California came out.

Meat Puppets: First show I went to of theirs is worth noting because my grandmother actually went with us. She listened to Curt Kirkwood's acoustic solo album and liked it and wanted to see him. Tried to explain the Meat Puppets stuff but she still wanted to go. First song was a full rock arrangement of one of the solo songs. Yeah, my family's actually kind of cool, music wise.

Stone Temple Pilots: Played a Kansas City rock station's Halloween festival in 2003, I think, right before their initial break up. Played a short set (lots of acts) in the growing cold.

Earshot: Same festival. They were okay.

Pearl Jam: First show for me in 2003 (later see them again in 2004). Worth mentioning for the fact that it was played in a huge thunderstorm. If you listen to the official bootleg close enough, you can hear the thunder.

Red Hot Chili Peppers: My first rock concert in 2000 (previous acts were country). Good setlist, but only okayseats due to general admission and me getting there a little later than most (I lived 15 miles away at the time and it was on a weekday...)

Foo Fighters: Same concert, actually enjoyed them more. I remember a good setlist, but I lost the site where it was written down.

As for the country acts, I saw Travis Tritt about three times (he actually came to Columbia quite often in the early 90s, IIRC), one of his openers was Trisha Yearwood right after she hit the country charts. Saw Reba several times, same with Sawyer Brown. That's all I can remember right now.

I have now seen Alexisonfire. As you may've saw, I really wasn't looking forward to it due to who I was going with/who was going to be there, plus just a shitty day and cunt drivers on the way, but they were good. They played 'Mailbox Arson' and 'This Could Be Anywhere In The World', so I was happy.