Any good shows lately?

Lowerdeck

I went to three shows in four days this weekend.

Thursday night starting off the weekend I saw Mumford and Sons in Boston. Played some new stuff, played much of Sigh No More, surprisingly went much longer than I had thought they would. These guys are solid, it just sucks some of the crowd wasn't as much into it.

Saturday night down to Madison Square Garden for some DMB... wow. This was the fourth time I seen them, and easily the most enjoyable of the four.

Last night I saw the prog-folk/roots Americana/comedy band Asylum Street Spankers at a small club in western Mass. It was odd going between half more "serious" songs and half funny. Still a good time, and lucky to have caught this gig at the last minute since it's the farewell tour.

just She & Him (October) since Bonnaroo (June). Both were amazing, but I honestly think She & Him was my highlight of the year. Just fucking fantastic, I'd see them again in a heartbeat. Patiently waiting for March, so I can fffffiiiinnnnnaaaalllyyy see Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw Keiji Haino on Saturday. He blew my fucking mind. Absolutely awesome stuff, there aren't many better guitar players out there.

Also saw Godspeed You! Black Emperor on Saturday and Sunday - they were incredible, but it took them about an hour to get to anything good. Hurry it up, lads.

Mike Watt was also wonderful, as expected.

Scout Niblett was fucking incredible. I bloody love that lass.

A month or so back I went to an OK Go/Metric show that was pretty amazing, well at least OK Go.. we left partway through Metric after they played that one song from Scott Pilgrim.

Other than that I've just been frequenting every show by local band Oh No, Theodore! because those guys and gals can really put on a friggin' amazing show. Tonight they're playing a Christmas benefit cover show - they're doing all Arcade Fire before coming back to the same venue the next night to play all their own stuff, I'm making sure to get myself there both nights.