Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

probablyoliver

I can't stand the outside-Animus story. I can ignore it as best I can, but anything that looks beyond me actually playing as this assassin in Renaissance Rome is irritating. I know it's all very central as the main arc of the series, but I would really love the game at least twice as much if it fucked off.

She's certainly not as annoying as the other bloke.

Also, the bit early on in the game where they arrive in Italy and you have Desmond jumping/climbing/swimming/pulling levers/etc. through the hidden tunnels with blondie in tow, whilst the pair of them engage in (not especially) witty banter? I felt like I'd strayed into an lost level from Uncharted - though not necessarily in as good a way as that might suggest.

I dunno, I personally like the bits with Desmond and crew just as much as the bits with the assassins. The story is great and I love the flow of it, plus after playing AC2 and all, it was just nice to see them actually going into the places that were so familiar from the last game, but in their time. There were actually points in the game where I missed seeing the bits outside of the Animus actually.

Guess I'm just a sucker for these games though. I've loved each one since the first so yeah.

The single player is awesome, but the online is awesome. I haven't had this much fun playing for god knows how long. Level 8 and I'm still grinning from ear-to-ear at some of the things I see happening. I had a really great ending to one match where I found two people that looked like me standing in a group, so I joined it and watched as two of my three pursuers killed the wrong people. It's so rewarding to see your strategies pay off. :D

Goodness gracious me. I love this game. I love it lots and lots. I actually stayed up all night and played it on Tuesday night which is something I've never done before. Also put a fair shift in tonight. I love how huge it is though - I'm barely halfway through the main story. I've been concentrating on other stuff like Da Vincis missions and training my apprentice assassins. It's brilliant.

I found it really quick and easy to get a full quota of assassins trained up (minus the three I can't have yet because I haven't progressed far enough in the story to access the remaining Borgia towers). Now I'm only really using them for random Arrow Storms - until I reach the Guild challenge requirement - and for missions where I'm not allowed to kill random guards. Ah, loopholes. Lovely.

Currently doing absolutely every random courtesan/templar/thief/etc. mission I can get my hands on. They're just less daunting than the War Machine missions I guess...although in a way I want to skip past the bomber to get to the tank, which I know is good fun from watching Stokerina play it.

Finished the War Machines today and on to level 7. Buying all the big buildings now and trying to repair the aquaduct as much as the game lets you. The guild special quests take care of themselves as I play (kill a certain number of the brutes, kill soldiers using the arrow storm etc). I'm wearying a little though now.

If you get annoyed by 'do not be detected' missions...that's just what your assassin lackeys are there for. I find the 'lose no square of health' missions more aggravating.

I am also on sequence 7. Just finished renovating 100% of Rome. Got all the feathers and have 54/101 flags. I suspect a great number of them will be in the Romulus Lairs and such, which will be annoying.

New DLC coming soon for Brotherhood... the "Da Vinci Disappearance" is its title. Quite excited about this, will of course be getting it soon, and inevitably it will be-- once I've finished it-- what gets me back into the multiplayer for this thing. Other games have been stealing my attention for far too long.

If by that you mean the war machines levels a couple of those are great - particularly the bomber. The infiltration is like old school Metal Gear Solid.

Yeah I think it is the bomber one. I can't do that for the life of me.

Also I'm up to the part in the storyline where you have to beat Cheseray?? to a certain point. You are at the very top of the castle and have 5 mintues to get to the point. I got there with like...3 seconds remaining and because there were some guys on my tail it wouldn't accept it. I haven't been able to even get slightly close to that point since.

Well that was fun. I've completed the main story but I've still got loads left to do. I was playing the game without much rhyme or reason. I spent most of it walking to whatever interesting looking thing was closest.

Just finished the Romulus missions - simultaneously one of the most enjoyable/frustrating parts of the game for me. Very Prince of Persia.

Re: the Banker mission. Do you mean the end bit where you kill him or the parts leading up to that? If the former, I took the following approach (as best I remember it):

- Leap into pile of hay. Assassinate guard stood nearby.

- Hop out and skirt around the right-hand side of the courtyard over the steps/behind the small wall (one or two easy guard kills may also be required).

- Leap over the wall on the far side and hang off the edge, skirting along until your behind the second bench. Wait until banker and accompanying guard are facing away and hop back over, sitting quickly down on the bench.

- Wait until banker walks close by and assassinate.

I did find the parts leading up to that more of a bitch. I think I had to use the "poison a guy to have his flailings distract others" trick a couple of times.