Steam sale, 24th through 29th

GhostMachine

Current deals include:

Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition for $10.20, Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days for $5.00, and AudioSurf and Defense Grid: The Awakening for $2.50 each.

If you have a Steam account and make a wishlist with at least 10 games on it, you have a chance of winning your top 5 for free. They're giving 30 winners a day their top 5 games on their wishlist while the sale is on.

My current top 5:

1. Dead Rising 2

2. Front Mission Evolved

3. Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition

4. Sid Meier's Civilization V

5. Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (May buy it. If I do, #5 will then be Prototype.

Oh, and the drag and drop thing for changing your wishlist doesn't seem to work right; I try to drag and it ends up taking me to the page for the game I'm trying to replace on the list. Just got to where the # is and change them manually then save the list.

This makes Arkham very tempting for me--I think I could play it with a video card upgrade, but I'm not entirely sure.

I downloaded the demo, and its freaking awesome. It has Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill and Arleen Sorkin as Batman, the Joker and Harley Quinn. And sometimes when Batman is kicking ass it goes into slow-mo mode so you can enjoy seeing the beatdown on the bad guy.

Recettear is on sale too. This game has the most bizarre, unique premise -- essentially, you take on the role of a shopkeeper in an RPG. The main character is a young girl who sets her house up as an item shop in order to pay her father's debts.

It's.. weird.

I went ahead and ordered Arkham Asylum and am downloading it right now.

Sadly, money is tight right now. So it will probably be the only game I order during the sale unless they have something good for about $5.00.

Oh, and I redid my wishlist.

I have 12 things on it (11 games and the latest Borderlands expansion), but my current top 5 are:

1. Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition

2. Front Mission Evolved

3. Dead Rising 2

4. Sid Meier's Civilization V

5. Alpha Protocol

Edited by GhostMachine

As I'm in a slightly generous mood, I'll offer a free copy of Freedom Force to the first four people who provide me with their Steam IDs via personal message. I will gift the copies to the first claimants as soon as possible.

I know this isn't the newset of games, but it is, in my opinion, an overlooked classic and, besides, it's a free game, after all.

EDIT: All of them have now been claimed.

Edited by Bobfoc

As I'm in a slightly generous mood, I'll offer a free copy of Freedom Force to the first four people who provide me with their Steam IDs via personal message. I will gift the copies to the first claimants as soon as possible.

I know this isn't the newset of games, but it is, in my opinion, an overlooked classic and, besides, it's a free game, after all.

I've played both Freedom Force games and can't recommend them enough.

Don't know if they'll work with Steam, but there are a ton of mods for Freedom Force out there, if you know where to look.

Could someone gift me Left 4 Dead 2? If i by i via my german bank acound and ip they will only offer me the low violence version to purchaste and the 5€ offer is tempting just to try it and see whats the hype all about (am not a ego shooter person)

I´ll obviusly paypal you the money.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

So, despite the fact I own the Xbox version, pretty sure I will pick up Orange Box since it's only £4.25, if only for TF2. Shame that I don't think you can gift Portal since I already have that from the freebie.

I bought Batman Arkham Asylum and Left 4 Dead 2 during the sale.

Is it just me, or is L4D 2's difficulty ramped up a bit? I played some of it on Easy to get a feel for the changes, and I swear it felt like I was playing on the equivalent of the first game's Normal or Hard setting at times.

• 2 weeks later...