Survivor: Redemption Island

sahyder1

Who do you like better?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like better?

2. 2. Who do you think would do better in the 1vs1 Redemption Island battles?

3. 3. Do you think one of the two makes it to the final 3?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This season has been great, but Redemption Island should be over by now. The people who are still in it due to Red. Island just don't deserve it. At this point Rob should just win the damn game, or Grant.

That challenge gave me flashbacks to HvV when Rob passed out. He's known for only eating the things he wants, despite being on a friggin' island. I think this is why he's so weak at times. Everything is going perfect for Rob so far. A little too perfect.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

This Jury seems like it's going to be complete bittercakes, if Rob makes a seat at the final tribal, and since the next tribal is his last chance to play his idol if he's going to I don't see any chance he wont. I somehow doubt the Jury will respect his masterful play, especially considering it's likely made up of 5 people he had alienated and uncerimoniously booted, and 4 people he stabbed in the back (one of whom twice).

If the R.I. winner makes final 3, they win. If it's Matt I write Probst an angry letter.

I still say taking Natalie to the final tribal is a mistake. She's the less bitchy of two girls and putting Ashley on the jury gives Natalie an auto vote. She may not have any visible personality, she may infact be a vapid barely adult mean girl, but she hasn't given me any indication of that except for the "PSYYYYYCHO!" in the previews, and I think Ashley could've been a driving influence there, and yeah it's Phillip so kind of forgivable.

And this is an old note, but I'm really sick of Probst leading contestants in the game. If he wants to play he should stop producing and play. Trying to draw drama from people is one thing, manipulating the game so you can tell the story you want to tell is another.

Immunity Idols = Okay, if they're not hidden in every reward basket, clam shell, hollowed out log, pair of former secret agent? pink panties you look in.

Redemption Island = Annoying but okay if it ends at the merge.

Medallion or Stupid Stick of Advantage = Dumb Idea.

A returning player against a group of people that don't know the game? Not unless it's Fans v.s. Favorites damnit.

This Jury seems like it's going to be complete bittercakes, if Rob makes a seat at the final tribal, and since the next tribal is his last chance to play his idol if he's going to I don't see any chance he wont. I somehow doubt the Jury will respect his masterful play, especially considering it's likely made up of 5 people he had alienated and uncerimoniously booted, and 4 people he stabbed in the back (one of whom twice).

If the R.I. winner makes final 3, they win. If it's Matt I write Probst an angry letter.

I still say taking Natalie to the final tribal is a mistake. She's the less bitchy of two girls and putting Ashley on the jury gives Natalie an auto vote. She may not have any visible personality, she may infact be a vapid barely adult mean girl, but she hasn't given me any indication of that except for the "PSYYYYYCHO!" in the previews, and I think Ashley could've been a driving influence there, and yeah it's Phillip so kind of forgivable.

And this is an old note, but I'm really sick of Probst leading contestants in the game. If he wants to play he should stop producing and play. Trying to draw drama from people is one thing, manipulating the game so you can tell the story you want to tell is another.

Immunity Idols = Okay, if they're not hidden in every reward basket, clam shell, hollowed out log, pair of former secret agent? pink panties you look in.

Redemption Island = Annoying but okay if it ends at the merge.

Medallion or Stupid Stick of Advantage = Dumb Idea.

A returning player against a group of people that don't know the game? Not unless it's Fans v.s. Favorites damnit.

I don't know, I think the jury is more annoyed with Philip. Remember David being baffled by Rob's play and even congratulating him. I think they may just admit Rob played them like a fiddle. It's not like Rob has been particularly evil like during All Stars. Although I agree taking Natalie seems worse than Ashley. Natalie has been sweet and innocent, yet good in challenges. Then again, the same might happen with Ashley. Remember Natalie telling Rob that Ashley was entertaining the thought of getting rid of Rob? That's the only reason he's fixed on Ashley.

Probst's manipulating goes too far sometimes. I remember Parvati saying in an interview that after a while you start to notice Probst tries to stir drama so you should just give simple answers. She also said she could tell who was actually on the chopping block, or if there was a blindside coming. I hated when Probst randomly told the story about Boston Rob screwing Lex during All Stars, as a reason to not trust the guy. It luckily didn't backfire.

I love how there hasn't been an idol in play post merge just because Rob managed to find every clue and throw it away. I forgot he had it until this episode's tribal council. I was thinking about Rob's odds of getting to the end and then I thought 'wait, didn't he have an idol'? It hasn't really come up much the last 3/4 episodes, just because of how comfortable he has been. If the Redemption Island player comes back, I guess he has 2 episodes to play it.

The medallion thing did suck and they quickly got rid of it and I doubt it will ever return.

A returning player versus rookies might be unfair (although Russell easily got kicked out) but you have to admit Rob has made this season more entertaining than it would have been without him.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

I'd argue that Jeff told the story about Rob betraying Lex because Steve brought it up, and if you notice, Jeff spun it as to tell everyone Rob was just betraying Lex so he could stay loyal to Amber who then beat him. He was telling them to stick with Rob, and sure that's what they were going to do anyway, but that kind of stuff is just sleazey.

I'd also point out that if Rob and Russell hadn't been there to begin with, someone else would have had to show some personality. Rob being there means the editors get a free pass because Rob knows how to make good television and is driving the story for them. If he wasn't there, someone else would be. *nods*

I think it'd be interesting in retrospect thinking about where the season would have gone without Rob and Russell there to completely change the dynamics of both tribes. Ometepe would have been entirely different; Kristina, Matt, and Francesca went out because they didn't worship at the altar of Boston Rob. Philip would have almost certainly gone out first because he sucks in challenges and nobody other than Rob would be thinking about keeping him around as a goat. And Zapatera would have been... hrm. I guess part of what happened there would depend on whether David and Stephanie could have managed to work together early enough that Steph would avoid the chopping block whenever Zapatera's first loss was (I imagine they would have won the first two challenges irregardless of Russell and Rob being there or not, possibly the third too). I could have hypothetically seen David, Stephanie, Krista and possibly Julie forming an alliance there and picking off Sarita early.

At this point, I can't see anyone else winning besides Rob or one of the RI people. Maybe Natalie after last night's sort of weird editing of her as this innocent, young girl. But Grant, Ashley or Phillip? Nope.

• 2 weeks later...

Was another great episode, I can't wait 'till the season finale. Once again no mention of Rob's idol. 2 votes left, so if he plays it right Rob will at least survive 1 tribal, most likely both. Funny how when certain players feel threatened they suddenly manage to pull out surprise wins.

Before the show I accidentally stumbled upon vague spoilers, but they read like this;

Russell goes out pre-merge

Rob goes out early after the merge

1 was right, 1 was completely wrong. I hope to god Rob makes it to the end, the guy deserves it so much.

Was another great episode, I can't wait 'till the season finale. Once again no mention of Rob's idol. 2 votes left, so if he plays it right Rob will at least survive 1 tribal, most likely both. Funny how when certain players feel threatened they suddenly manage to pull out surprise wins.

Before the show I accidentally stumbled upon vague spoilers, but they read like this;

1 was right, 1 was completely wrong. I hope to god Rob makes it to the end, the guy deserves it so much.

It was probably Russell who leaked that spoiler too. He figured Rob would be taken out by Zapatera the way he was.

It was a good episode. Ashley pulling out the win did surprise me. I am pretty sure that the next Tribal Council will be the last one where Rob is allowed to use the idol. It probably will be the one where he does need to use it as the winner of Redemption Island is coming back. It will be a jam packed finale tonight though with all the challenges and tribal councils.

It was probably Russell who leaked that spoiler too. He figured Rob would be taken out by Zapatera the way he was.

It was a good episode. Ashley pulling out the win did surprise me. I am pretty sure that the next Tribal Council will be the last one where Rob is allowed to use the idol. It probably will be the one where he does need to use it as the winner of Redemption Island is coming back. It will be a jam packed finale tonight though with all the challenges and tribal councils.

Yeah, Samoa and HvV were one of the first that got fully spoiled before the game even aired, very conveniently Russell made it to the end twice in them. The rumor has always been that his wife leaks shit.

I wish it would hurry up and get here already! I am very interested in seeing how all of this plays out tonight!!

I'm pulling for either a Rob or Grant win, but I think Natalie is going to take home the million.

Ouch, Grant gone. Sucks to be Rob right now. I'm betting on Andrea to win since it's an endurance challenge.

EDIT: MATT IS GONE. MATT IS GONE! HALLELUJAH!

EDIT: Yup. When it comes to endurance, girls rule. If I were Rob I'd be worried.

EDIT III: Jesus Christ. Yet again, the quiet girl is the spanner in the works fucking over the mastermind. If they realize that Rob has the idol (and I think Ashley might), Philip's done. If they don't, goodbye Andrea and Redemption Island will have been totally worthless.

EDIT IV: Oh god damn it, Rob, are you kidding me? This edit is really driving me to the point of frustration.

EDIT V: Show's over, Andrea. Tricky, tricky edit. And Rob didn't even need to play it after all. So now let's never do Redemption Island ever again. To Andrea's credit, her "I'm just gonna make shit up about my time on Redemption Island" tactic was pretty damn clever.

EDIT VI: Oh god, that was amazing. Great, great final challenge. Only way Ashley doesn't go home now is if Natalie votes for Philip over her and then I guess it's down to whatever the tiebreaker is.

EDIT VII: Holy shit, Ashley, what an astonishingly stupid thing to say at Tribal Council.

EDIT VIII: And that's it. Pre-Final Jury, Boston Rob has played a perfect game of Survivor. Absolutely masterful. Now he has to bank on his blindsiding people and Pagonging the other tribe not being as bad as Philip's insane act and Natalie's absolute lack of action at any point during the game.

EDIT IX: "I learned that it's okay to tell the whole world that you have a relationship with a man that died in 1870. It's okay!" Of course, the problem with Phil's strategy is that it'll probably just aid Natalie, not him.

EDIT X: ... oh dear. This is kind of sad to watch.

EDIT XI: Yup. Philip's crazy. Wow.

EDIT XII: Whole lot of petulant whining going on right now.

Finally Mike brought some class to the proceedings.

EDIT: David rules. David rules. Bring him back! I bet his speech did more harm than good but he's completely, 100% right.

EDIT II: Ralph votes for Philip! Super-eccentric guys stick together.

ROB WINS

The single best game of Survivor I have ever seen played. Better than Brian in Thailand. I still have like thirteen games to go but I doubt anyone can top that.

I think Philip is a lock for another game. Outside chances of David and Ralph coming back. I would love for Stephanie to get another chance someday but I doubt she will.