2011 MLB Season

sahyder1

Random thought while watching BoSox/Rangers - how awesome would it have been if Wily Mo Pena and Jon Lester's names were combined to Wily Mo Lester? :pervert: As the board's resident Mets fan, I figured you'd all enjoy this legitimate ad courtesy of Manhattan Mini Storage.

tumblr_lhk1g4rZ791qcd61wo1_500.jpg

Guest mr. potato head

Awesome first inning for the Jays. Romero gets three-up three-down, then the bats come out and score 4 runs off an HBP, two sac flies, and an error. Balk call goes our way too.

This can only be a good omen. :shifty:

Damn. Feels weird to lose on Opening Day. First time since 2005.

Not surprising though. Pelfrey always sucks against the Marlins. Good to see them show some fight in the 7th by knocking Johnson out. Not a fan of pinch-hitting Thole for Scott Hairston, who promptly K'ed. I get that Hairston mashes lefties and had a great spring - but it reeked of Jerry Manuel-esque overmanagement.

Hopefully they bounce back tomorrow.

Brian Cashman is whining about the Mets abusing Pedro Feliciano's arm. Who the hell told him to sign him? Whining about it after Feliciano gets hurt is comical. No one was forcing them to sign him. What about guys like Scott Proctor who the Yankees abused in the past? Why no complaint there?

I knew this Orioles team would have a lot of run production, unlike past years where if Roberts or Markakis were slumping the entire team would suffer there's enough in place now to make up for it. Vlad and Lee are not jitting and nobody even notices because of how good Markakis, Wieters, and Hardy have been. The pitching wasn't a question mark for most us in Baltimore, we knew the prospects were going to blossom this year. Guthrie, Matusz, Britton, and Tillman if all remain healthy the majority of the season will help the O's win a lot of games. Easily the most complete team since the last playoff run, though I doubt it will be enough to do more than duel with the Jays for 3rd. At least there's a good shot at finishing above .500 with this team. Crowd was electric at Opening Day yesterday, glad I got to be there.