2011 MLB Season

sahyder1

Yankees front office supposedly spoke with Jeter today because he didn't call out Posada for creating the drama Saturday night. All this while the Yankees have not lost 6 straight

Edit: Great column on the Posada drama and how it only the start of things to come for the Yankees.

Edited by sahyder1

Cleveland is laying the smackdown in Kansas City.

Pitchers	IP	H	R	ER	BB	SO	HR	PC-ST	ERA

K Davies	0.1	0	2	2	3	0	0	21-6	7.46

N Adcock	1.2	3	1	1	2	1	0	29-19	2.16

V Mazzaro	2.1	11	14	14	3	2	1	77-43	22.74

J Jeffress	1.2	4	2	2	0	0	0	42-29	3.60

Totals	        6.0	18	19	19	8	3	1	169-97

19-1 in the bottom of the sixth.

Guest JukeboxHero

The Cleveland Indians have been doing just phenomenal so far this year and I hope they can keep it that way. I'm not getting my hopes all the way up yet though, I'm just being cautiously optimistic. There's plenty more baseball to be played this year.

My Indians, English, supporting friend does have a bet on them to win the World Series at very long odds at the start of the season. He did say a few years back they were building a good young side. He may know what he is talking about, for a change.

Guest JukeboxHero

My Indians, English, supporting friend does have a bet on them to win the World Series at very long odds at the start of the season. He did say a few years back they were building a good young side. He may know what he is talking about, for a change.

Then he may be the only person that thought they'd be this good. Sure, I expected them to improve over last year, but they're off to a very good start. A lot can happen from now through October, though. I've lived in Cleveland my entire life and have followed their sports teams for just as long. Right now, the Indians have my attention. Hopefully I can post in this thread in July or August and say that they're for real.

500th post, wahoo!

Edited by JukeboxHero

Anyone else find it amusing that, as of today, Jose Bautista is on pace to hit 74 home runs and break the home run record?

At some point teams will stop pitching to him but it would be cool since this is the 50th anniversary of 61 from Maris

Edited by sahyder1

I expected a lot out of the Indians, but not this much. The Sabathia, Martinez, and Lee trades helped stock them up enough with good prospects where they can certainly build a strong core. Their division helps too, given nobody is elite in it. I still tip the Royals to eventually come to dominate the division for a few years until they can't afford their players, but right now it's a wide open chance for the Indians to do something. They're on an early-season run that might be unsustainable, but the stats indicate that they don't have a lot of fluke wins. They are pitching and hitting well. A few wins better than they should be, but the difference is negligible.

RIP Killer, one of baseball's legends who seems less known than he should be. One of the 10 most dangerous sluggers ever. He hit the longest home run ever at old Memorial Stadium, and probably would have broken quite a few windows at the Warehouse if he was playing today. It's a shame where he hit his 520 foot home run is currently a log flume.