Madden 12

sahyder1

I humbly request we get started sooner and let people hop in as they get the game, that way we might be able to get through one season and not stall out in week 16, denying Tony Romo is well deserved MVP honors.

Are there contracts for Online Franchise yet?

Something I always thought Madden should do for ratings, is something that the last NFL Head Coach did. Instead of having set ratings for everyone, in Head Coach players ratings altered depending on the style of offense and defense you ran.

For instance, in that game if I ran my offense like St. Louis did during the Greatest Show on Turf days, Marc Bulger would be rated quite highly, whereas Kyle Orton would not. But if my offense called for a field general, Orton would highly out rate Bulger. Or if I ran a spread/option offense, Vick would be rated higher than Manning.

I always thought that was cool. I'd try different kinds of offenses and defenses each time so I'd go after different guys in free agency and drafting. I know Head Coach wasn't a hit (I loved it), but since Madden seemed to take the Free Agency bidding idea from there, maybe there's hope for the fluctuating ratings idea, too.

Got an experimental franchise on the go with my Jags.

Picked up TO in free agency, then traded Garrard for a linebacker from the Panthers, and picked up Pryor as my back-up to Gabbert too.

This could go badly :shifty:

You have the game?

I remember a couple years ago I managed to 'get a hold' of an early copy of Madden. I miss working at Toys R Us. <_<

But yeah, I should be getting the game sometime on Tuesday when it comes out, should I post a sign-up sheet now or should we wait for the actual release of the game?

So who's running the 360 Madden league this year? I'd nominate myself, but my undertakings fail miserably.

I wouldn't mind doing one, unless Drags wants to run it again?

You go for it, I'm not sure how free I'm going to be to run. I'll try and play, but I'm not sure how often I'll be able to stay up late enough to play you Americans.

Are there contracts for Online Franchise yet?

Something I always thought Madden should do for ratings, is something that the last NFL Head Coach did. Instead of having set ratings for everyone, in Head Coach players ratings altered depending on the style of offense and defense you ran.

For instance, in that game if I ran my offense like St. Louis did during the Greatest Show on Turf days, Marc Bulger would be rated quite highly, whereas Kyle Orton would not. But if my offense called for a field general, Orton would highly out rate Bulger. Or if I ran a spread/option offense, Vick would be rated higher than Manning.

I always thought that was cool. I'd try different kinds of offenses and defenses each time so I'd go after different guys in free agency and drafting. I know Head Coach wasn't a hit (I loved it), but since Madden seemed to take the Free Agency bidding idea from there, maybe there's hope for the fluctuating ratings idea, too.

That rating thing sounds like a quality idea. Unfortunately, Online Franchise has not been touched at all this year.

I should have it by Friday. Probably won't be that great at the game because what I know about American Football could currently be written on the back of a beermat; but I'm not disinterested in taking part. I'll be easy points at least.

Basically, I'll see how I get on with the game!