Madden 12

sahyder1

Wow, watching the Saints vs. The Packers shows me how much I suck at this. At one point yesterday my pass completionj was 0/13 in a game and I'm a million miles away from a return like Cobb managed. And yet I'm still encouraged to carry on.

Who should I pick for a Franchise, I ask the Madden experts? A very good defence and running team please, though not a hopeless passing unit if possible.

Be Denver. Our defense needs a little bit of tweaking, but we have one of the best safeties of all-time, one of the best corners of all-time, a damn good defensive end and a very impressive rookie linebacker.

Plus we have Moreno and McGahee in the backfield.

And don't feel bad about not being able to do a Cobb-like kick return. That was unreal.

Is anyone else having the problem that they set their game options (I set all-pro, eight minutes, etc..) and start a franchise and it is automatically at pro? It is really annoying since I am doing a game and I have to set the difficulty each time in Franchise mode to get a decent game at the least.

Had a pretty terrible draft, thanks to my bad scouting. I do think the system should be slightly tweaked since it's not exactly realistic that you go into the draft with ZERO information about most of the prospects. My top pick, a right tackle, was pretty good at 80 OVR but only a B potential so he's not likely to improve much. But the rest of my picks sucked.

I did basic scouting on one safety and loved his physical tools, but stupidly didn't pick him for an individual workout. I DID scout another safety and found that he had a 67 OVR with B potential...but I took the other safety in the 2nd round anyway. 67 OVR, C potential. :( Oops. Not a huge deal since he's a backup, but the 3rd safety plays pretty regularly in the Giants' scheme and I let the aging Deon Grant walk.

I've actually set my depth charts and had the CPU play out the first two preseason games while I watched, and have made my cuts accordingly. This one undrafted rookie linebacker the game gave to me probably will wind up with a bad rating, but he's been a beast so far so I'm probably going to keep him anyway.

I just did my first draft, I kinda like the new scouting system. I think I scouted way too many 1st round prospects. I did find some late round good prospects but most were linebackers. unfortunately most of the late round picks I scouted were gone by the time I was back up.

the free agent bidding system seemed really fast paced. after the top 3-5 of a position are gone though nobody cares about the rest.

the free agent bidding system seemed really fast paced. after the top 3-5 of a position are gone though nobody cares about the rest.

Yeah, I signed one free agent via bidding that I didn't really want just to get the achievement...had to pay him more than I wanted to even though I was the only one to bid. Everybody else just sits there to be grabbed once the draft is over, so you can sign plenty of decent reserves to 1 year deals with no bonus.

Is there anyway to upload your first draft class for your first year in the franchise? Everytime I start a franchise and finish the pre-season it asks me for my draft class but it doesn't use it until the year after. Is that normal? I never really used NCAA import classes until this year.

Did my first draft and didn't do too bad. I drafted Peyton's replacement, Case Keenum, in the second round. 70 OVR with a B potential, so he should turn out to be a solid QB of the Future. My worst pick was apparently overreaching for a left guard in the 3rd round when he really should have gone late in the 5th.

Didn't do to much in free agency seeing as how re-signing Garcon and Wayne ate up alot of cap space.

well I kept my first 5 round picks. the first 3 have B potential and the later 2 C Potential. I could have scouted better, as most ended up being back ups. my first round pick a TE came out a 75, while a DT in the 3rd came out 76. the WR I got in the 5th has a 99 speed interestingly. surprised the Raiders didn't take him..... :rolleyes: