Big Brother confirmed for Channel 5 return

MBDTF

Source: digitalspy.co.uk

Big Brother confirmed for Channel 5 return

Tuesday, April 5 2011, 19:20 BSTBy Alex Fletcher, TV Editor

Channel 5 has signed a deal to air Endemol reality show Big Brother later this year, it has been revealed.

The hit show, which launched the careers of Jade Goody, Kate Lawler and 'Nasty' Nick Bateman, was dropped by Channel 4 last year after a decade on air and 11 series. The programme also spawned a number of hit spinoffs and sister shows such as Big Brother's Little Brother and Celebrity Big Brother.

A full confirmation of the programme's return details is expected to be announced tomorrow. However, according to The Guardian, the deal will apparently last five years and a Celebrity edition is expected to begin in August. A traditional non-celebrity edition will follow in September.

Richard Desmond's Channel 5 has been linked to Big Brother since last summer when it concluded on Channel 4. Negotiations between the broadcaster and producers Endemol have broken down on several occasions, but they have now finally reached an agreement.

A report in the Desmond-owned Daily Star earlier this month suggested that stars such as Charlie Sheen, Mohammed al-Fayed and Amy Childs would be approached to take part in the first Celebrity series on the channel.

Davina McCall, who hosted every series on Channel 4, previously ruled herself out of presenting the show again. Vanessa Feltz, Brian Dowling, Jeff Brazier and Emma Willis are the early bookmakers' favourites to land the job.

Edited by MBDTF

... And nobody cared.

Seriously, Big Brother had it's run. It ended. I can't really see the Channel 5 relaunch working out all that well.

... And nobody cared.

Seriously, Big Brother had it's run. It ended. I can't really see the Channel 5 relaunch working out all that well.

Really?

lol, Channel 5

I will totally still watch it though.

Epic fail Hobo! laugh.gif

Edited by MBDTF

I read an article on April Fools Day saying they were going to re-launch the show on Five with Cheryl Cole as the host. Unfortunately, half of the story was true. It'll be about as successful as that dreadful Farm Reality show they did when that posh bird wanked off a pig and Stan Collymore challenged Vanilla Ice to a fight.

Does anyone watch Channel 5 at all?

I can't remember the last time I even flicked it on, let alone watched anything on it.

This works fine, as Channel 5 might as well not exist for me. I don't have it on my list of 'favourite' channels which are the only ones I ever browse. Infinitely better than when BB overflowed from Channel 4 into E4 and kept appearing despite best attempts to ignore it.

... And nobody cared.

Really?

lol, Channel 5

I will totally still watch it though.

Epic fail Hobo! laugh.gif

Not really epic is it. :/

That or the sibling/spouse of somebody moderately famous.

I'm glad it's on Channel 5, we don't get it over here for some strange reason, considering we get every other English channel ever. We can still get it on other channels, but that's kind of awkward to watch so yay, less Big Brother.

Oh glad DJ Ice is turning face, his character was growing stale. <_<

Edited by The Cool One