MLB playoffs likely expanding to 10 teams next year

sahyder1

MLB Playoffs  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Playoffs expanding from 8 teams to 10....

• Like it
    • Hate it
  2. 2. If they do this...

• There should be a 1 game Wildcard Round
    • There should be a 3 game Wildcard Round

Link

I approve of this. Lets see if they do the one game play in between the two wild card teams (which I prefer) or a quick 3 game series. Makes sense financially for MLB to do this too. Will keep more teams in the hunt later in the season. Plus it is an added incentive for teams to go an attempt to division and not end up settling for the Wildcard like the Yankees and the Rays were doing last year.

Haha, yeah I'm in the same boat. I don't think it's any secret that I hate expanded playoffs when it comes to baseball. I preferred the East/West division winners facing each other only. With the three divisions, one wildcard team is necessary, but I don't care for them adding another. Too much of a layoff for the other teams.

I like it, I guess. I don't really have a strong opinion on it yet but I think baseball is probably the only sport that could use a slight expansion in it's playoffs. I mean, increasing it to 10 teams still only puts a third of the league in the playoffs as opposed to the other sports where almost half the league makes it in and it doesn't really dilute the field in the playoffs either because unlike the NBA or NFL, I highly doubt a team with a losing record will get anywhere near the playoffs. As long as that stays in tact, I'm not sure why it would be a bad idea.

And if they're going to do it, I think it should be a three game series. It just doesn't make any sense to have it be one game if both your entire regular season and the playoffs are based on the idea of a series. It would be inconsistent based on what they've already established.