2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

United in for Sanchez according to the morning papers, £27million apparently.

Still don't believe it. With Young pretty much confirmed, I'd be shocked to see Sanchez also come to United. Brilliant player with massive potential, but I'll be pretty surprised if he doesn't end up at somewhere like City. Shame for Udinese too with them being in the CL next season, he could of been an important player for them.

But he did take the Newcastle job... he was the one in charge when we were relegated >_<

I meant on a permanent basis. The team was doomed at that stage anyway Shearer was never going to have much effect with the exact same over-paid and under-motivated squad. When he gets it permanently and he will, it's only a matter of time, we will see what he's made of as a manager.

Definitely, we were relegated long before Shearer was brought in, and in hindsight its probably done us the world of good.

Shearer at Cardiff doesn't strike me as a great move though. They're a decent team who expect to be up in at least the playoff places, and if he can't do that he could end up on the list of great ex players who can't buy a managers job (Paul Ince, Tony Adams etc). For me he'd be better off doing it Lee Clark style with someone like Huddersfield (Hartlepool? He wouldn't have to move and Nobby can play the trumpet if he's feeling down) and see what he can build long term, rather than getting 4 or 5 months at Cardiff. Probably wouldn't get Bellamy again either, since he can't even kiss his arse, whatever that meant.

Drogba is not leaving Chelsea this summer, Gourlay pretty much confirmed as much yesterday. Not that it was ever likely. Any talked about swap-deals for Modric etc. are media BS invented on the back of Redknapp supposedly considering a bid for Drogba a while back.

Not to mention that when caughtoffside.com (lol) said he'd handed in a transfer request with an eye on Spurs, it was but a couple of days before Drogba got married (and congrats to him). Kind of puts the lie in context really - when you're about to get married other aspects of your life just get put on hold, I can tell you!

And there are certain players, such as Alexis Sanchez and Neymar, who I firmly believe no one in the press has any bloody clue about and so they just take it in turn to invent some new movement every other day. For example, barely any time has passed since some were saying City were at the front of the queue for Sanchez. Now some say United. Tomorrow they will say Real Madrid again. And so the Earth keeps spinning.

Meanwhile, back in the more sane world, West Ham have signed Abdoulaye Faye from Stoke on a free transfer. Seems like a good signing to me - and certainly more the sort of thing they should be going for than silly £3m bids for Kevin Nolan and such.

Drogba is not leaving Chelsea this summer, Gourlay pretty much confirmed as much yesterday. Not that it was ever likely. Any talked about swap-deals for Modric etc. are media BS invented on the back of Redknapp supposedly considering a bid for Drogba a while back.

Not to mention that when caughtoffside.com (lol) said he'd handed in a transfer request with an eye on Spurs, it was but a couple of days before Drogba got married (and congrats to him). Kind of puts the lie in context really - when you're about to get married other aspects of your life just get put on hold, I can tell you!

And there are certain players, such as Alexis Sanchez and Neymar, who I firmly believe no one in the press has any bloody clue about and so they just take it in turn to invent some new movement every other day. For example, barely any time has passed since some were saying City were at the front of the queue for Sanchez. Now some say United. Tomorrow they will say Real Madrid again. And so the Earth keeps spinning.

Meanwhile, back in the more sane world, West Ham have signed Abdoulaye Faye from Stoke on a free transfer. Seems like a good signing to me - and certainly more the sort of thing they should be going for than silly £3m bids for Kevin Nolan and such.

Sky Sports News reporting that he's having a medical. Take that for what its worth, but bearing in mind he's got two years left at Newcastle he's either being offered silly money or he's fallen out with our board more than we thought.

Abdoulaye Faye was a cracking player though, not sure whats happened to him at Stoke, best centre half at Newcastle I'd seen since Woodgate.

Well, my toughts of hirings for Newcastle :

I think the Goalkeeping position is quite safe with Krul, he made a good game against Brazil.

We need someone in the other side of the defense, Danny Simpson/James Perch are poor... maybe we can get Wayne Bridge, maybe on a loan deal, I rarely see him in the starting 11 of City.

I was thinking about a new defender, but Taylor has stepped up and done some quite good work...

Midfield, we need someone to replace Tioté, some people already know what I think about him, and I think we could snatch Scott Parker.

Attacking is the biggest hole we have at Tyneside, the Berbatov rumours are good, but rumours with the name of Newcastle never go down well, Demba Ba maybe, or Leandro Damião, young brazilian attacker, I think It would be worth 15 million pounds or so...

Well, my toughts of hirings for Newcastle :

I think the Goalkeeping position is quite safe with Krul, he made a good game against Brazil.

We need someone in the other side of the defense, Danny Simpson/James Perch are poor... maybe we can get Wayne Bridge, maybe on a loan deal, I rarely see him in the starting 11 of City.

I was thinking about a new defender, but Taylor has stepped up and done some quite good work...

Midfield, we need someone to replace Tioté, some people already know what I think about him, and I think we could snatch Scott Parker.

Attacking is the biggest hole we have at Tyneside, the Berbatov rumours are good, but rumours with the name of Newcastle never go down well, Demba Ba maybe, or Leandro Damião, young brazilian attacker, I think It would be worth 15 million pounds or so...

I know we did this weeks ago, but you're a moron. Replace a 24 year old Ivorian international with a man 7 years his senior, who having watched both play at Newcastle I could only describe as a poor mans Cheick Tiote.

We do need a better right back though, but Wayne Bridge isn't it.

• Like 1

I felt I needed to differentiate between the "I wouldn't want Wayne Bridge in the team because he's not a right-back" and the "I wouldn't want Wayne Bridge in the team because he's a bit rubbish really" points.

Although they are both equally valid.

Parker lived a good moment with West Ham, and football is all about momentum, I think that we should hire him and keep for a year or two until he's not worthy and we get some money to hire a good one.

Talking about experience, y'see, Alan Pardew said he would hire some young players to Newcastle, and if we don't want to be Arsenal V2, we need experience to lead those young mans, in the defense, we have Coloccini, in the midfield, we could have Scott Parker, unless you think that Joey Barton and his 'good conduct' can lead young players.

At the right back, I see Wayne Bridge as the most suitable option, if not, we could get Alan Hutton from Tottenham, I see him as a possible hiring, maybe we could hire that Drenthe kid, I heard he is decent enough to be a left back or right back, he can even play in the wing. We have money for Baines, but he wouldn't be interested. Otamendi from Porto would be good, but I think that, since Porto is in a great moment, he would cost gold.

And I'm not a moron, for sure. I just have a different opinion from yours, grow up.

Parker lived a good moment with West Ham, and football is all about momentum, I think that we should hire him and keep for a year or two until he's not worthy and we get some money to hire a good one.

Surely Newcastle have more money right now than they're likely to have for a fair while, though?

And are you really sure about the Wayne Bridge at right-back thing? I mean, has he ever played there?