2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

So the season is nearly up and the rumours have already began. Just seen this on The Sun website which may be the most extravagant rumour so far, it would be an amazing deal if it actually happened.

REAL MADRID want to sell Cristiano Ronaldo to Manchester City for a staggering £150million.

The Spanish giants know City are the only club who could afford the world-record fee.

And despite denials coming from Eastlands about any move for former United superstar Ron, Spanish sources claim the Blues ARE talking to Real about a possible deal.

The fee will even make billionaires City wince but it would be an astonishing move were Ronaldo to return to the North West where he was such a hero at Old Trafford.

United fans would be furious if he were to do a Carlos Tevez and sign up with the enemy.

Apart from the whopping transfer fee, Ronaldo is looking for wages of £300,000 A WEEK and a five-year deal which would bring the total cost to a mind-boggling £228m.

The Portuguese superstar quit United because he believed Spanish football was where he belonged and went with boss Alex Ferguson's blessing because he was moving abroad.

But Ronaldo, 26, has fallen out with Real boss Jose Mourinho and the Spaniards' board are ready to listen to offers for their prize asset.

So with the window close, I was wondering who you'd like at your club, and which rumours interest you most? Personally at United I'd like to see Ashley Young in for an absolute cert and Sneijder would be the first midfielder I'd want in too. Pending on Scholes' retirement and Cleverley's ability to step up, I'd like another midfielder and I've always liked the look of Tom Huddlestone and I'd think he'd fit in well at United. Whether he'd even be available or not I don't know but we could just do a straight swap for Darron Gibson if Spurs wanted? :w00t:

As for the goalkeeper situation, it's down to two for me; De Gae or Stekelenburg? I think I'd rather have Stekelenburg but I think De Gae is favourtie to sign as there has been alot of rumours about a fee already being agreed. I just hope whoever we sign they settle in quickly.

Striker-wise I think we're ok, Welbeck and Macheda are due back from their loans and with Rooney, Berba and Hernandez we'll have one of the best frontlines in the league next season for sure.

Defensively I think we'll need a centre back for cover as it looks like Wes Brown will be on his way out, Raphaël Varane from Lens looks like he's on his way in though so that seems to be sorted.

Everyone to Man City.

Everyone away from West Ham.

Spurs not as busy as people think.

Villa struggling to keep Young and Downing.

Man Utd to buy one player.

Arsenal to buy a random young player we've never heard of.

Chelsea to pay over the odds for a couple of players that aren't quite world class.

That Ronaldo rumour seems ridiculous though, I reckon Madrid would sack Mourinho before they sell Ronaldo even for that extortionate figure. City probably put in a cheeky offer, the papers got wind and blew it out of all proportion.

This summer will be massive for Arsenal, I think. It wouldn't surprise me if a few players decided enough is enough and they want to move on, plus there's the inevitable "will Arsene buy a player he needs to buy or just buy some average French kid that will come good in 5 years".

Chelsea to run all the way to transfer deadline day in a "will they, won't they?" saga with their main transfer target. Because apparently wrapping deals up in June or July just isn't how they roll.

That will probably be Neymar (again), if the talk is to be believed. Alternatively it may be Lukaku, and van der Wiel could be involved somewhere.

Not Kaka. Fuck him.

Premiership journeymen and Carlos Kickaball from Bolivia/Ecuador/Guatemala to join for buttons and never settle in or play will no doubt sign for us this season.

And probably seeing some sales, wouldn't be shocked if someone like Gordon or Cattermole was sold and Asamoah Gyan and Stephane Sessegnon have probably realised that we'll always be a middle of the road team no matter what quality we sign. Looovely as ever.

Oh yeah, as far as Chelsea departures go...

Hilario will out of contract. Gone.

Anelka's probably quite likely. He's only got one year of contract left and will probably try to swing a move to MLS.

Bosingwa will be gone if we succeed in getting VDW or another right-back.

There have been rumours surrounding Kalou because of his supposed unhappiness in recent weeks, but I think this is more because of his concern for his family in the Cote d'Ivoire and the security situation there. Either way, I would like for him to stay.

There are a bajillion other rumours, involving everyone from Drogba to Ashley Cole and back again, but 99% of them will be bullshit.

Absolutely no idea at Newcastle. Reckon we'll get a few relative 'unknowns' Tiote and Ben Arfa style, and then I'll spend the summer praying we don't blow £10m+ on Carlton 'poor mans Shola Ameobi' Cole. Hanging on to Tiote is the priority, Jose is replaceable if we get silly money for him.

Every transfer rumour story will end with 'and Newcastle are also thought to be interested'.

There is a guy keeping track of who Newcastle are linked to in the papers, he's already at over 100 different players.

I'd love for Man Utd to go for Sneijder. The Italian league is so boring, he deserves to play in the most popular league in the world. Man Utd could really use him anyway. I know they won the league and are in the CL final but you have to look at the future. Scholes won't stay for long.

Stekelenburg to Man Utd please.

West Ham to lose their entire first 11.

It would be interesting to see where Neymar goes. Arguably the most talented youngster in the world.

Yeah, I would love to see Neymar come to the Premier League in any capacity.

I read somewhere yesterday that Fergie is looking to be least three new players this season, with a few being midfield players. Would be cool to Sneijder come to Man United. I'm always a fan of great players coming to the Premier League, makes it far more entertaining.

Chelsea need to invest in some youngsters, maybe even one's have proven themselves in the Premier League already.

Tottenham need to buy a striker and a goalkeeper. They need an out and out striker he will just poach goals out of nowhere, someone similar to Bent, who plays on the last man and just seems to get a goal out of nowhere. And Gomes needs replacing for obvious reasons.

Out of interest, do you think Tottenham will keep Bale? Tottenham are going to need to do something impressive to finish top six next year, and as Wales are not likely to get anywhere in his international career, the best Bale can get is champions league football. With all the hype he's made this year, is there a chance of a move? I think he'd suit United's style of play out of everyone in the top four, but I just can't see that happening.

I think Bale will stay at least another season. He really took off this season, but he can still learn a lot at Spurs. Without the pressure of Champions League games during the week Spurs can do better than this season.

Chelsea really need to buy a few new players as well. The squad is getting old and stale. Perhaps Lukaku as a (future) replacement of Drogba? Aguero finally moving to a bigger club would be great too.

• Admin

Bale and Modric, more importantly, will stay. Not even a question.

We need two new keepers (Cudicini could stay as third choice but has aged. Alnwick will never make it. Pletikosa's loan will expire. Gomes is Gomes and enough is enough).

Kyle Walker will return from Villa and will compete with Corluka at RB. Hutton to fuck off somewhere. Kaboul can also cover here.

LB is fine with BAE, and Naughton to return from Leicester as cover. Plus Danny Rose has looked good there in the last few games. Bale can cover in an emergency.

The famous Spurs CB situation. Woody will go and Bassong will probably follow, so we will have Dawson, Gallas, Kaboul, Khumalo, and (for seven games perhaps) King. I'd say we need at least one CB.

We could invest in a winger but I'd much rather the likes of O'Hara or Townsend push for places.

In the middle we're sorted. Modric, VDV, Huddlestone, Jenas, Sandro, Pienaar, and the likes of Livermore coming through. Palacios needs to go though. Not good enough.

Up front we need to cut our losses on Pav, rid ourselves of Keane, and try to sign (easier said than done!) at least two clinical strikers. Defoe will eventually return to form and Crouch is a decent plan B to have.

To summize, invest in these places and cut the dead wood: Hutton, Pavlyuchenko, Palacios, Bassong, Kranjcar will go anyway, Bentley, Keane, dos Santos, and Woodgate. Plus the goalies.

Watord just need to hold on to key players like Graham! Hopefully Mackail-Smith rumours will prove to be more than just that. The dreadful Nathan Ellington has finally been released freeing up thousands from the wage bill, as well as Sadler and Henderson already. It's vital that Will Buckley stays.

Bournemouth will be fine is they retain the spine of the side (Jalal, Pearce, Hollands, Ings, Lovell, Pugh, Symes). Already had to deal with the likes of Pitman, Bartley, and McQuoid disappear.

Let me be the first to say that I have no interest in C. Ronaldo coming to City. We'll be made to look like muggs paying that much for him, meanwhile United will get Sneijder and De Gea for less than a third of the price. I'd much rather battle for Sneijder and Alexis Sanchez. Maybe a cheeky bid for Baines or Michel Bastos as well.

Plenty of Spurs players that I think we would do well to sign: Hutton and Bassong primarily. Palacios and Pav would be much more unlikely to come but would add to our team. However since I'd imagine Spurs would want around £6-8m each for Hutton and Bassong it may prove quite difficult. Especially if we're looking to throw £8-10m at Wigan for N'Zogbia, could get pricey quickly. Will just wait and see, no idea what's going to happen really so will sit tight and see. Just hope whoever we do sign will settle quickly.

Exactly, and I don't necessarily know if he's any better than he was when he was at Newcastle so I think Short would have serious reservations giving the okay for an £8m bid. Shame, I think Bassong's a good player and really liked him at Newcastle, didn't blame him for wanting to play in the Premiership when they went down but I think he'll end up going to a team with a bit more cash to throw around than we're willing to. And this is all before we start discussing wages, and I imagine if we're signing players from Spurs the majority will need to take a wage cut. Hutton would probably be the most realistic player for us, I imagine they'll come back to see if Spurs are willing to accept less than this time last year.