2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

Not heard anything over the SMB yet but won't discredit it. We need a winger, preferably on the left as Malbranque is too slow and we'd need someone with a bit of speed who get beat a man rather than cutting inside all the time. Snodgrass would fit this bill right? And he's still young. Premiership quality would you say? I always quite liked Snodgrass in comparison to some of the other Leeds lot (which doesn't always say a great deal I'll admit) but always thought Snodgrass had something about him.

Snoddy doesn't have speed, but he can beat a man with his trickery. He can play on either wing, when he plays on the right he cuts inside, on the left he plays tighter to the touchline. Definitely Premiership quality, the only player in our squad I could say that about - the fact he's only broken into the Scotland squad this season is shocking, to be honest. His only major problems are that he can sometimes be lazy about tracking back and doing the defensive work and that he always seems to fade into mediocrity in the last couple of months of the season.

To be fair he'll probably look light lightning after yet another season of Steeeeed at left midfield. I wouldn't be against signing Snodgrass - you heard a price quoted or anything? I don't even want to take a guess because of how massively wrong I could end up being.

I've not heard one mentioned but he's probably worth about £3m (£4m max), given he's only got 12 months left on his contract (I think), you're probably looking at £1.5m + bonuses, maybe £2m + bonuses at most.

Those seem reasonable prices thanks to his contract issues. Still would hope we'd reach out to Wigan and see how much they'd be willing to sell Insomnia for. Unfortuantely knowing Whelan we'd come back with our tail between our legs I bet. :(

I just looked on Wikipedia to see if I could find the transfer fee (I couldn't, anyone know it?)

About £17million according to the reports in the last few weeks.

Just hearing we've signed Jack Rodwell aswell in some sort of part ex involving Gibson.

Edit: Or someone is just bullshitting me, let me find out.

Edited by Starvinho

Wasn't it reported earlier that he's signed a new five year deal with Everton?

As for De Gea, fantastic signing, over the moon with that one.

Edit: Scratch that Rodwell part, that was last year, no clue why I've seen that report still floating around.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect