2011 Summer Transfer Window Thread

Starvinho

Hope Houllier manages to build his own squad this summer now. He lost his way towards the end of his Liverpool run but in his first season he signed some absolute fucking titans. Would be interested to see what he does twelve years on.

They could've definitely got a bit of cash for both Reo-Coker and Carew. I could also see RC going to a newly promoted team, but I can be optimisitc and hope Ipswich will go after him. He's a solid player to have in the middle of midfield and showed some real promise a couple of years back.

Larsson out at Birmingham :( .... expired contract, but still. I know he's going to get nabbed by someone I loathe <_<

Juventus apparently the only club in for Aguero ? That'd be nice, I'd love him there.

I know it won't happen but I'd love to see an MLS squad step up for Carew. There's been interest before.

Not surprised if Chelsea and City aren't really in for Aguero. If Atletico are really insisting on his clause fee in private as well as in public, I can only imagine a response of "...45 million euros, really? :/". I know that means applying a concept of financial restraint to Manchester City, but still. So that leaves Italy, unless of course both Atletico and Real are lying through their teeth about that possible move. This is not unlikely, given that Atletico have lied about Aguero's transfer status every year for the last 4 or 5, and this is Real "David Beckham is definitely not coming here" Madrid we're talking about.

Also, fucking hell Villa. Steady on.

Only one player who played a part this season in those 10 names - that being NRC. I'd rather play with 10 men than have Osborne on. Salifou was back up to the back up to the back up. Carew stopped being useful when he stopped trying. The rest were kids.

I'd much rather see Aguero in the Premiership. Then again, I'd rather see any highly rated player in the Premier League. Tottenham could use a player like him, but I can't see them having the finances to bring him in.

Well considering that Spurs have a strict wage limit (which is pretty low) I guess there might be problems with that ever happening.

There are some Chelsea fans thinking we'll buy Aguero AND Neymar and play something like this next season:

Torres

Neymar - Aguero - Sturridge

Lampard - Ramires

Cole - Terry - Luiz - Ivanovic

Cech

These fans are, of course, intensely deluded.

Juventus signing Pirlo and Zeigler is fucking awesome (Y)

Two really good signings. Pretty important that Juve add big in this market after the season they've just had. Rebuilding is pretty important right now, they've got a chance to now really overhaul the team, which will likely work wonders for next season. Pirlo, even at his age, is a fantastic signing on a free transfer. And Zeigler from the relegated Sampdoria is really no surprise, should fit in well. A few more should be following.

Certainly don't think Aguero will be one of them, that'd be a shock to be honest. N'Zogbia is a rumour I've heard, think he could fit in well actually. Elmander linked too.

I know it won't happen but I'd love to see an MLS squad step up for Carew. There's been interest before.

He should try for Seattle. We desperately need a striker, an experienced player for Montero to play off of, and being Norwegian certainly won't hurt him.